Carafaat

How to adress girls from diffrent Somali regions? Abaayo, Huuno, etc.

Showqi   

Walaalo

Abaayo

Ariirey

Huuno

I Normally use Walaalo except when I meet my old class mates or my beloved Ciyaalka Xaafada, waa markaas markaan Abaayo iyo Aboow armaajada ka soo bixiyo an absolute term of endearment if you ask me.

NGONGE   

I despise the word "walaal" and I can't stand the word "abaayo/abowe". Somalis misuse them both and utter them in the most disgusting ways imaginable. I mean, what mother refers to her son as 'walaal'? What husband calls his wife "walaal"? War walaasha haday tahay, maxaad o guursanaysa nacal shakalak?

Showqi   

Ngonge, I never heard of a mother using the word Walaal to call her son, unless the mother is 9 years old:D Normally mothers use the word Hooyo. Laakiin wey jiraan rag xaaskooda ugu yeedha Walaal. Waxaa kuwaas u fiicnaan lahayd in ay isticmalaan ereyga Gacaliso, ama Macaaneey.

Carafaat;761908 wrote:
Blue, people call you chickie? I assume its appreviation of chicken?
:D

LOL. No chickie isn't abbreviation of chicken is another word for girl. You can write it in your dictionary you have learned a new word from me.

Sayid gacaliso/gacaliye/macaanto/macaante is the right term to call your hubby or wifey by instead of using the aboowe/abaayo/walaal/walalo that's just aburd whoever does that.

Aaliyyah   

I myself have never seen a hooyo saying to her kid walaal lol..NG XAGE WAXA ku aragtay..bt i have seen habro saying walaalo, laakin kama naxo I always say eedo macaan. They are lucky I dont say ayeeyo waran :)

ol@gacaliso - ma ri' baa?

LOL ma ri baa gacliso la dhaha? oo miyaad la shekesan jirtay? warba adaa haya.

salaam

p.s SOL is back lol i was kinda hoping it was gone for good ..it would save me a whole lot of time :P

Carafaat   

Aaliyyah;762144 wrote:
I myself have never seen a hooyo saying to her kid walaal lol..NG XAGE WAXA ku aragtay..bt i have seen habro saying walaalo, laakin kama naxo I always say eedo macaan. They are lucky I dont say ayeeyo waran
:P

many older women call me, inadeer or inabti. which I find a bit ackward looking at the age diffrence. I also say eedo/habiyar back, cause otherwise they would assume that there is shukaansi.