Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Saado lambasts Mahiga: A new Play

Abtigiis   

Whoelse! Indeed, it is the revolutionary and nationalist singer, the one and the only Sado. At a time, adolescent singers who mistake potential for proven success -like Nimco Dareen, kowtow to stooges of colonialists, fearless Sado is making us proud by blasting enemies of Somalia. Her shining page in Somali history is assured.

Here is a play by the Qaylodhaan group, and Sado's lines below are moving. Maybe Xinnfanin will be moved too. Maybe it will exorcise the demon of 'Mahiga' that possessed the otherwise good soul of Xinn.

Inkastoonu dilanahay

Inkastoon daryeel jirin

Inkastoon dayacan nahay

Dadnimadu nagama tagin

Somaalidu ma dabargo'in

Dun xariir ah baan nahay

Kana daga ku noo daran

Doqanka iyo geesiga

Dusha waanu ka ognahay

This is a case where art has joined the forces of redemption in Somalia and fought the false charity and representatives of doom in Somalia.

http://somaliradio.net/audio.php?id=1407

Saado inkastoonu tol nahay ,,,, hadana ruwaayadii baan xasuustaa uu huryo odhan jiray: Habar waalatay Wa' Wa' :D

P.S.

Saado weligeyba hoostaan ka jecelaaa :D

Garnaqsi   
Saado is the heroine of Somali music. I don't think it's even fair to mention Nimco Dareen in this thread because they are just world apart -- and by this I don't mean in terms of political opinions (I know very little of this) but rather in terms of the singers they are. It's a shame that many people from the North dislike her for her association with SSC; I guess sometimes history can be easily forgotten.

caydarus   

Garnaqsi;760277 wrote:
Saado is the heroine of Somali music. I don't think it's even fair to mention Nimco Dareen in this thread because they are just world apart -- and by this I don't mean in terms of political opinions (I know very little of this) but rather in terms of the singers they are. It's a shame that many people from the North dislike her for her association with SSC; I guess sometimes history can be easily forgotten.

walee waad asiibtey, but the truth is saado is always support for the oppressed pple.

Carafaat   

Indeed Saado is great artist. Here is one of my most Saado's songs. Some people negatively judge her for the content of her political messages/songs, but irrelevant if you agree with them or not. She is a fantastic singer(and so is Nimco Dareen).