Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Is a Somali Consensus within reach?

A_Khadar;759392 wrote:
Of course they completely failed with their circus performance in everywhere while seeking THE recognition in the last 20 years.. No single recognition thus far even nothing from S. Sudan after visiting semi-necked S. Sudaneses just to embark a recognition... If that isn’t a failure in your books, then Somlia's 20 years of stateless and the endless fight isn't a failure either in my books..

Now you will come around and say with your weak argument that there is peace and stability in the place you warship, s/l, and I will tell you that say that to my rear because just last year alone more than hundreds of lives are lost with many more wounds beside the thousands displaced if I don't mention the losses of properties and businesses. It happened many more times one being the last one in Cerigaabo days ago.

So tell me waxaan kaa xaqiray... May be waxaan xaqiray inaan sheego cuqdada iyo xanuunka aad somalia u haysaan..

What about the schools and universities that have been built roads constructed the democratization of the country health system improvements dejure diplomatic recognition from the international Community will not turn Somaliland into Dubai if you thought that was the only aim of Somalilanders the past 20 years you were wrong. Somaliland is independent in every aspect they control their land airspace territory sea it can't be threatened by its neighbors and that's the most important thing to Somalilanders. What about all the factories being build and the economical development in the country what about the good governance in the country what about the tranfer of power after democratic elections what about the self sufficiency in Somaliland . What about the nation building in the 90s, Somaliland is a relatively peaceful Country no one can dispute that sure there are some minor Clashes and riots but the country is peaceful there is law and order there is stability. But you will not see that you will just see Somaliland as dad hurday oo an waxba qabsan 20 sannoh eeh ugu danbeye i am proud of the people of Somaliland. Somalia na wa dal anu walalo nahay kheyr iyo wanaag iyo sharaf baanu u rajeneya ilahay dalkooda nabad iyo kala danbayn haka dhigo oo Ciidamada shisheeye na ilahay haka dul qadan hana is jecladaan and the people of Somaliland did what they could in helping the people of Somalia in the hard times of drought. And that's how it should be umada is tageere idinki ilahay.

I wonder if Somaliland didn't declare independence if khadar my dear friend would still despise the achievements of the people of Somaliland.

Dadku wa dadki uun awoow ama ha goostaan ama ha jogaan wa iyagi uun xaajigu na wa xaajigu uun.

Waxaynu nahay ehel walaalood

Xaaji Xunjuf;759405 wrote:
what about the self sufficiency in Somaliland .

You had me there. LOL

For the past 20 years, the British Government and the EU has been giving the SNM hundreds of millions of dollars in Aid. You are a Militia on Life-Support.

A_Khadar   

Awoowe, you’re leaking and mixing stuff. There is not such a good governance in your lot when there is no accountability in there.. No single road, hospital, or any other public services that the so called gov invested. Don't tell me what the people do their own.

Mogadishu being the most dangerous city on face of earth, yet it has one of the best telecommunication systems in Africa, its university topped the list in Africa not to mention the largest market in Somalia. It produces millionaires same as Bosaso. So should we be calling those gov’s achievements.

Such these things that people do their own are not what I call government’s achievements. There are millions of dollars from NGs that your clan leaders take in and you and anyone else knows nothing where about them. All that money over the years could build highways in Hargaysa, yet its only one main paved road is the one built Siyad's time with no expansion and no good maintenance.

So XX, awoowe, I am not xaqiir as you blamed me but I hate pretenders and those who are selfish and full of Cuqdad which are the symptoms many of your lot suffer most..

I am for mutual peace and respect for all Somalis. If we disagree, let not force each other.. ain’t forcing you my own agenda and I am expecting you the same.

To go back to the question at hand: Is a Somali consensus within reach?

No, not yet. The strategy of the main players on the Somali side has not changed (referring here to the Sharif, his Prime Minister, Azania, ASWJ, AS, Gedo, etc.) - a strategy of relying on the backing of outside powers to enforce one's will and power. Rather than negotiating with each other to reach a difficult, yet more solid compromise.

The foreign/Western junior analyst is given this same briefing/analysis on the Somalia situation upon his/her first day on the job. Unfortunate.

Carafaat;759334 wrote:
Should Somaliland play a role in facilitating of a concensus between these future states of Somalia?

ofc yes but I'm afraid certain people work againest it till they get their domination of somalia which is not going to come...so expect more rafaad.

Carafaat   

Mintid Farayar;759439 wrote:
To go back to the question at hand:
Is a Somali consensus within reach?

No, not yet. The strategy of the main players on the Somali side has not changed (referring here to the Sharif, his Prime Minister, Azania, ASWJ, AS, Gedo, etc.) - a strategy of relying on the backing of outside powers to enforce one's will and power. Rather than negotiating with each other to reach a difficult, yet more solid compromise.

The foreign/Western junior analyst is given this same briefing/analysis on the Somalia situation upon his/her first day on the job. Unfortunate.

Where is Mintid. Will Mintid admit that I was right and he was wrong. :D

Carafaat   

Taleexi;822149 wrote:
Our choices are limited .... Reality is forcing us to compromise and live together in peace.

Our choices were always limited only this time reality has catched up.

Abdul   

In four months or so we will find out.We all hope Somalia gets peace and a government that will unite the people.