Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Nomad of the Year

Yes, the year is almost over and it's time again to nominate the SOL Nomad of the Year. After series of consultations, the committee for SOL Nomad of the Year has nominated the following nomads for the contributions to SOL

• Urban for the on-ground reporting from Damascus

• Cawaale for the on-ground reporting from Cairo

• GoldCoast for his objective analysis of current politics

The Zack   

I see it is based on the 4.5 system which is totally fine :) but the audience should've been given the option to vote for "Other" and nominate their own candidate. Regardless, I shall consult my staff and advisers and eventually vote for whoever I think deserves my vote. Of course, I will wait how these people campaign and offer something to me, i.e. $. :D

The Zack   

Che -Guevara;758486 wrote:
Zack-don't poison the poll with the 4.5 nonsense ninyahow. Just vote!

LOL You thought we wouldn't figure it out? Waa la fahmay. I am not going to vote, not just yet. Who do you think I am? a Somali MP? :D

Can we change our candidate? I don't think Nuune can represent us. He doesn't support the holy Azania. AT&T noogu baddal. Midda kale I see a lot of newbies in there, at least not regulars. This looks the thread of the year more than the nomad of the year.

Take your time.

lool@Nuune....I never knew nor asked where Nuune's from but he's being nominated for his contribution. It is not thread of the year but nomad of the year but nomination is based on specific thread or threads. One can't be voted for nomad of the year without specific achievement.

Somalia   

It was tight, Positive came ahead, but I wanted to vote for the girl because I very much like girls.

What does the word Qanduus mean?

The Zack   

Che, what is this? Some kind of setup? Waan arkaa qofkaad u codeysay, the votes should be secret, we should only be able to see the results, not who voted who. Sanduuqan iska cad waa maxay? I almost told two girls I voted for them, saad ii ceebeyn gaadhay bal eeg :D Doorashadan waan qaadaceynaa hadii kale.

STOIC   

I'm only familiar with MMA, Ibtisam and Nuune...My vote will go to MMA because he put lots of effort and time to upload those pictures...Nuune all he did was Cut and Paste that we all could have lifted from major news agencies while Ibtisamis is from Burco so my vote for her will be seen as nepotism....

PS Please admin closely monitor the newbies before they sully the place with trolling

Zack-quit complaining ninyahow. This is not TFG, the poll is about transparency...remember this is not popularity contest, so it's not who you like. Be like my man Stoic.

Stoic...some of the nomads don't frequent here as much but contribution is far better than some regulars including me.

nuune   

Zack thinking I am indeed from his fortress is a misleading cambuuulo lagu darey saliid caddeey that doesn't have a taste, I know, cuz few times he seen me posting some little towns that only can be mentioned by someone who has knowledge of the place of Zack's tolka, but totally unacceptable to label me as the tolka of Zack or AT&T for that matter, or Bay & Bakool, or nearby Gedo, I am a multi-national nomad, Zack, bal dib ugu noqo malahaaga aad moodey inaan ahey reer Sarrif iyo Ijaara.

Ps:Che, I don't actualy deserve to be included in that list, dadkaas wey iga horrreeyaan aniga and contributed valuable information there, I had so many members against me in that thread waa ogtahy, some even called me mini-dictator oo dhagaha faraha kula jiro, others said I will be captured in ceelasha biyaha alive, at least replace that thread with some of my Jiniyo threads if you want me to at least end up second from bottom list ehehehe

Pss: Just seen Zack voted me looool, awowgaa la jannee, agah, thank you my friend Nin Yaaban for the vote

Nuune.....You were nominated for two reasons-one being that you stood ground against popular trend that's people ignoring the destruction by NATO and Libyan rebel militias who committed crimes of their own. It was not popular stand to take and you weren't being different for the sake for being contrarian.

Secondly, your live updates made difference.

I thought of adding Astro-Physics thread but I realized it's from 2010.

lool@Zack-God bless him. He actually thought I know your 'region'.

p.s. Are you sure he voted for you or voted at all?.

Juxa   

2 objections

first you did not consult (typical macawisleey), waad qarowday then posted it ( i can admit some of your nominees deserve the nomatation)

second, although ibti (ama 5 karoon as she is known) is more than enough hadana you did not nominate enough women in your poll.