Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

The most Plausible Deity

aero;759501 wrote:
This is where your argument goes sour. I am not the one questioning God's existence. I very much know He exist and I am absolutely satisfied to have Him as my Creator and Sustainer. You're the individual with the questions and you're the one trying to prove something hence why I posed my question. Since you're so keen on getting answers out of Theists, I'd like to hear your end and would appreciate it if you answered the question.

No, you're the one that's trying to prove God's existence. If you ask me, the way I see it is, you're telling us that you're believing something you have no prove of it's existence. I'm simply putting you and your so-called faith to the test. Can you or can you not prove that your God exists. Can you prove that the so-called stories in your Hadith aren't made up along the generations of the past?

N.O.R.F   

Garnaqsi;759492 wrote:
Elaborate, please.

The existence of God wasn’t meant to be something that can be seen, heard or scientifically proven in the conventional sense (we would all believe if that was the case). One basing his decision on such an excercise is chasing shadows.

Islam is about the Quran and the Sunnah of the prophet Mohammed (PBUH). One who believes this, can then correlate between what is in those scriptures and the signs available to him/her.

Garnaqsi   

N.O.R.F;759561 wrote:
The existence of God wasn’t meant to be something that can be seen, heard or scientifically proven in the conventional sense (we would all believe if that was the case). One basing his decision on such an excercise is chasing shadows.

Okay, it makes sense. But I've a question. Isn't the fact that it can't be seen, heard, or scientifically proven enough of a justification on the sceptic's behalf for not believing? In other words, couldn't this admission be used to epistemologically justify atheism? Most of the classical arguments against atheism rested on the assumption that God can be proven. Hmm.

N.O.R.F   

Garnaqsi;759565 wrote:
Okay, it makes sense. But I've a question. Isn't the fact that it can't be seen, heard, or scientifically proven enough of a justification on the sceptic's behalf for not believing? In other words, couldn't this admission be used to epistemologically justify atheism? Most of the classical arguments against atheism rested on the assumption that God can be proven. Hmm.

Ah, more questions :D

God can be heard through his scripture (Al Quran Al Karim). This book contains revelations. In those revelations individuals, families, tribes and nations are given guidance on how to live. Living in accordance with these guidelines as well as the Sunnah makes one a Muslim. God can be seen (not literally) through his creations (the human body, the universe) and their complexity. In order for one to ascertain whether God exists surely his first port of call is the Quran and whether or not it has any inconsistencies (including the science related revelations) rather than a redundant scientific experiment.

So which method did you undertake and are any of the scientific verses in the Quran inconsistent with what has later become apparent?

Garnaqsi;759565 wrote:

Impossible to beat this :D

aero   

Funny enough, Atheists are fulfilling a portion of the Testimony of Faith. They've got the negation down. All they need is to submit their will to none but Allah SWT. Will you step up to the plate?

Narniah;759759 wrote:
Knight Of Wisdom is not Muslim?!

No he's not, he's a atheist who doesn't respect other peoples religions just because he has doubts about the existence of God.