Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

The most Plausible Deity

N.O.R.F   

Johnny B;759099 wrote:
Enought about me, let us talk about ME .
:D

Cheese and chalk Mr Norf.

The question is not about whether religious people use their intellect to conclude that there is a god or i or atheists use our intellect to conclude the contrary, the question is whether there are situation(s) in life where accepting a supernatural explanation is the only or the most plausible explanation having exhausted all possible natural explanations?.

And i'm counting on your contribution regarding that question.
;)

I'm sure Nuune can give you plenty of examples. He is an expert in the field of supernatural happenings/beings :D

AYOUB   

Johnny B;758896 wrote:
Your video of "al-rahman" is fascinating, but only for a person who is already a believer in the tenets of that Faith. .

That's why I told you to find an ex-atheist Muslim. :) We seem to be in different "zones". *What's natural to you is supernatural to me. You seem to be having the same problem with Sharmarke. You take things like life, speech and all of creation for granted, we don't. Men in the lab have given you explanations and you hope another "fills the gap of all the yet-to-be-known-explanations-of-the-universe". They've even convinced you are purposeless creature who got here by chance. I can't think of a way to address someone trying to justify that mindset - hence my suggestion you talk to someone who has "been there".

the fact that no religion can prove 2H & O=H2o says it all.You can't see,hear or touch...not tangible, mysticism only.People only wanted something to believe back then cos they were backward,that's why no one will follow if a new prophet emerges now,we r too sophisticated to be led by the unknown.Thus atheism is naturally the destiny of man.

Where supernatural answer is the most plausible is dreaming of something you wish you had..like being rich ova nite!

Ibtisam   

^^Kaan baa ka walaan JB.

JB you are right, it should be bigger than you, laakin your religious thread always come across as a old teacher asking his "dump" students to answer a riddle- he, while sitting at the front of the class with a ruler (you probably have a bat) then mocks their different explanations as stands their with the supposed ultimate answer, waiting for some to give him THAT and only THAT answer.

Therefore it is not a debate-

Plus i just cant be bothered with religions no more, the whole process is boring and time consuming. North is a Hajji now you will have even less answers from him now than before- dembiga ayu iska ilinaniya.

Johnny B;759093 wrote:
Sharma, I asked if there was a situation where supernatural explanations were the only or the more plausible explanations after having exhausted all the possible natural explanations, you asked me to think of why Human beings speak different languages , i asked you how you relate the difference in languages to supernatural explanations being the only or the more plausible explanations, now you ask me to share the natural explanations of why Human beings speak different languages.

what is going on?! do i have to remind you that why Human beings speak different languages IS NOT the subject matter of this thread, it is your answer to the question of this thread , hence, it is your duty to relate it to the subject matter , if you can't or won't for whatever reason, it is not that regretable, but i've no intention whatissoever to state the obvious, namely, that there are natural explanations as to why Human beings speak different languages, just to reinitiate another circular reasoning in your mind.
:D

Jb, let as be simple and objective in our doings. in arabic there's what we call ''fiqhul xiwaar'' jurisprudence of conversation.

You asked ''a situation that supernatural explanation were the only and more plausable explanations after exhausted all the natural explations''

I answered by the different languages spoken,,,, this automatically relates to your question and it comes up with the meaning that ''the only explanation to different languages is supernatural and hence no natural explanation ''

From here, if you know the pillars of arguement, you have two ways to go:

1) you will either refute what i said, which is ''there are no natural explanations to different languages''

2) or you will accept my answer that ''different languages has only supernatural explanations''

this arguement is inorder of priority, hence no shortcuts.

Do you refute or you accept?

Note: you cannot accept the latter before accepting the former.

simplicity is the way, if honesty is the purpose..

Garnaqsi   

burahadeer;759140 wrote:
the fact that no religion can prove 2H & O=H2o says it all.You can't see,hear or touch...not tangible, mysticism only.People only wanted something to believe back then cos they were backward,that's why no one will follow if a new prophet emerges now,we r too sophisticated to be led by the unknown.Thus atheism is naturally the destiny of man.

Where supernatural answer is the most plausible is dreaming of something you wish you had..like being rich ova nite!

I couldn't possibly agree more!

759315=27-appl.gif

Johnny B   

sharma-arke451;759175 wrote:
Jb, let as be simple and objective in our doings. in arabic there's what we call ''fiqhul xiwaar'' jurisprudence of conversation.

You asked ''a situation that supernatural explanation were the only and more plausable explanations after exhausted all the natural explations''

I answered by the different languages spoken,,,, this automatically relates to your question and it comes up with the meaning that ''the only explanation to different languages is supernatural and hence no natural explanation ''

From here, if you know the pillars of arguement, you have two ways to go:

1) you will either refute what i said, which is ''there are no natural explanations to different languages''

2) or you will accept my answer that ''different languages has only supernatural explanations''

this arguement is inorder of priority, hence no shortcuts.

Do you refute or you accept?

Note: you cannot accept the latter before accepting the former.

simplicity is the way, if honesty is the purpose..

^*** sigh ***,

So after two pages and two days, you're here telling me that your answer automates the relationship between my question and your answer because in Arabic you've what you call ''fiqhul xiwaar", which lubricates such automation. ? Oy vey !

being redundant is not my forte, and this arabic thing is intresting to say the least, but here is what i said to you after your inference that supernatural explanation is the only or more plausible answer than the natural ones regarding why Human beings speak different langauages.

Johnny B;758888 wrote:
Sharma, could you please be more specific regarding
how
different laguages
relate
to supernatural explanations being the only or more plausible explanations than the natural ones.

Quoting my freind Dr Alban, i say: no hash hash , no Vitamin.

*Ibtisam;759150 wrote:

JB you are right, it should be bigger than you, laakin your religious thread always come across as a old teacher asking his "dump" students to answer a riddle- he, while sitting at the front of the class with a ruler (you probably have a bat) then mocks their different explanations as stands their with the supposed ultimate answer, waiting for some to give him THAT and only THAT answer.

Therefore it is not a debate-

Ouuuuuuuch !!

jb, this anti-god stance is getting a little pathetic...now! your stances remind of me of someone learning only side of the argument and then regurgitating it....time and again. do you think anyone cares that your an atheist and a god-basher. live and let live sxbka. your not different from the extremist islamist yet you think that through 'rational inquiry' and other buzzwords of the 'progressively minded' your on to something unique. i suppose this niche is carved by the fact your somali and an ex-muslim. your pseudo-science theories are full of nonsense and no cares.

Horta, is there a prove that God exists? Is there a prove that a man by the name Muhammad once lived on Earth and he claimed to be a Prophet?

Religion is based on believing the unknown. If you ask me, that isn't good enough to throw away all that I can do, to believe the unknown.

Knight of Wisdom;759413 wrote:
Horta, is there a prove that God exists? Is there a prove that a man by the name Muhammad once lived on Earth and he claimed to be a Prophet?

Religion is based on believing the unknown. If you ask me, that isn't good enough to throw away all that I can do, to believe the unknown.

Whenever you address the prophet you add PBUH or SCW behind his name!

da-fuq.jpg

Anyone else that see the dots between athiets and arrogance?

To answer your question johnny, Yes there are such occasions. For example in physics when a phenomena can't be explained using fundemental physics or any other kind for that matter. Thus why the some of the greatest mind these days are true believers.

Johnny B   

Alpha Blondy;759410 wrote:
jb, this anti-god stance is getting a little pathetic...now! your stances remind of me of someone learning only side of the argument and then regurgitating it....time and again. do you think anyone cares that your an atheist and a god-basher. live and let live sxbka. your not different from the extremist islamist yet you think that through 'rational inquiry' and other buzzwords of the 'progressively minded' your on to something unique. i suppose this niche is carved by the fact your somali and an ex-muslim. your pseudo-science theories are full of nonsense and no cares.

^Wow, now that was much of a caring, given that all i do is regurgitate one side of an un-intresting argument.

I wish i could be bothered by your SOL contributions and with such intensity, as that would atleast grant you a platform of civility to have won my attention, sadly , that is not the case.

That i don't personalize issues dispite many invitations doesn't mean i can degrade to that level, it's just that i happen to find it a less desireable inter-labial intercourse .