Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

The most Plausible Deity

Ibtisam   

JB is just searching for answers, I think the fact he stills posts these questions is NOT an attempt to convert anyone- after all he of all people knows how hard-headed Somalis are, but rather his continuous need to:

1) Justify himself and reason with himself that he is of course right in his own path- i.e. us argue with him verifies his assumption that religious people are deluded, and he consoles himself that at least I’m not a blind believer like him. This arises from psychological discontent/ feeling restless and searching.

2) He is crying out to be saved and for someone to give him a good enough reason to turn him around! (or he feels the need to save us all)

3) Is so excited with breaking "the shackles" that he feels the constant need to validate it, at believer’s expense. Super religious people do the same thing in the other extreme end- the need to shove religion obnoxiously down people’s throat to make themselves feel good.

Of course it could just be boredom and mischief. :D

Johnny B   

sharma-arke451;758588 wrote:
Jb, you didn't got me right.

There are many languages spoken across the globe, right?? What is the reason you can give for it??

I don't know if i am quite following your thought-process, but if what you're saying is, because Human beings speak different languages only a supernatural explanation is the most plausible as to why, then i need you to walk me through the labyrinths of your reasoning.

NGONGE;758589 wrote:
I'm found slightly to the right of A&T but to the left of almost everyone else.
:D

So AT&T is a troubled Soul , but not lost , He is the kind of a character that believes in "akhiro" a Man who doesen't own Camels won't be attaractive to the Houris.and that you stand slightly at his right depends more on you positioning me in front of you instead of behind you :P

Che' Ibti, and Arm ... there is more to the thread than my persona. ;)

Garnaqsi   

Che -Guevara;758477 wrote:
No one say except Nur is more dedicated to God and religion than JB. It's amazing how much of his time it occupies and the near obsession is beyond belief.

What's the cause of this restlessness?

The Japanese philosopher Keiji Nishitani wrote in his Religion and Nothingness: "Whether the life we are living will end up in extinction or in the attainment of eternal life is a matter of utmost importance for life itself." It appears atheists in general agree with this statement. A while ago I remember reading about a study which showed that atheists know more about religion than believers.

Johnny B;758736 wrote:
I don't know if i am quite following your thought-process, but if what you're saying is, because Human beings speak different languages only a supernatural explanation is the most plausible as to why, then i need you to walk me through the labyrinths of your reasoning.

jb, i am asking what is your reasoning for it? Do you have a different explanation, ileen aniga meshaas ilama dhafsiisano.

Bal ninyahow think over it again, and lets see what you come up with.

N.O.R.F   

Heh.

Making a decision on a something with little knowledge of the subject is one thing but its quite another trying to justify it based on the same little knowledge and even worse if one continues to do it for years. Having said that, its quite clear JB isn't as lost as he likes us to believe. A few pointers in the right direction might should about do it. But is he willing to look at things without the nonsense he has built up over the years?

Its only expected athiets beat those drums regularly as they're not entirely convinced themselves. They're merely reassuring themselves they're right.

AYOUB   

Garnaqsi;758757 wrote:
A while ago I remember reading about a study which showed that atheists know more about religion than believers.

Well the ones in SoL seem to know very little about Islam and Muslims. Makes me wonder what supposed "Abrahamic" religion they were taught in the first place. If John B knew Muslims believed even the nails on the fingers are a bounty from the Almighty he wouldn't ask that question. If he knew Allah attributes, he would not ask Muslims if God was evil. As sad as John's case is; there's still hope because the Creator guides.

Johnny B

The question you posted - in that context - can best be answered by a Muslim who was once an atheist. If you are serious about it then I suggest you find an atheist who "exhausted" other possibilities before becoming Muslim for answers that might be from your perspective. There many such people out there - Dr Jeffery Lang being one good example. He might be able to understand the big phrases you're trying to impress us with. :)

In the mean time, I hope this video gives you my perspective.

Johnny B   

sharma-arke451;758781 wrote:
jb, i am asking what is your reasoning for it? Do you have a different explanation, ileen aniga meshaas ilama dhafsiisano.

Bal ninyahow think over it again, and lets see what you come up with.

Sharma, You're not communicating, You're asking me what is my reasoning in a question i have yet to address, and on the same breath you're asking me if i have a different explanation. could you please be more specific regarding how different laguages relate to supernatural explanations being the only or more plausible explanations than the natural ones.

Johnny B   

N.O.R.F;758809 wrote:
Heh.

Making a decision on a something with little knowledge of the subject is one thing but its quite another trying to justify it based on the same little knowledge and even worse if one continues to do it for years.

Exactly my sentiment regarding many religious people's attempts of defending the foundtions of their Faith.

N.O.R.F;758809 wrote:

Having said that, its quite clear JB isn't as lost as he likes us to believe. A few pointers in the right direction might should about do it. But is he willing to look at things without the nonsense he has built up over the years?

Its only expected athiets beat those drums regularly as they're not entirely convinced themselves. They're merely reassuring themselves they're right.

Now, don't you think that Ibti, Che and Arch had already great spaculations regarding my presumed intentions and what have you?!

When will you start addressing the question i am raising here?

AYOUB,

Your video of "al-rahman" is fascinating, but only for a person who is already a believer in the tenets of that Faith. .

As for suggesting where to turn for answers to my question, i would prefer if you could share with me your own view regardng my questions.

I rather get it from people like you who are convinced that they're living the kind of life a Deity sponsors.

N.O.R.F   

^Asking such a question now (as well as all your previous ones) demonstrates you took the leap without seeking answers but continue to ask these questions to satisfy yourself you made the right decision. I would say otherwise if I thought you were geniungly seeking answers (your track record is in the archives).

As for the question, the same way you believe you have used your intellect to conclude there is no god, many others have concluded that there is a god. Swings and roundabouts as it were.

Johnny B;758888 wrote:
Sharma, You're not communicating, You're asking me what is my reasoning in a question i have yet to address, and on the same breath you're asking me if i have a different explanation. could you please be more specific regarding how different laguages relate to supernatural explanations being the only or more plausible explanations
than the natural ones

at least you are saying, there are natural explanations, please do share those explanations

Johnny B   

sharma-arke451;758930 wrote:
at least you are saying, there are natural explanations, please do share those explanations

Sharma, I asked if there was a situation where supernatural explanations were the only or the more plausible explanations after having exhausted all the possible natural explanations, you asked me to think of why Human beings speak different languages , i asked you how you relate the difference in languages to supernatural explanations being the only or the more plausible explanations, now you ask me to share the natural explanations of why Human beings speak different languages.

what is going on?! do i have to remind you that why Human beings speak different languages IS NOT the subject matter of this thread, it is your answer to the question of this thread , hence, it is your duty to relate it to the subject matter , if you can't or won't for whatever reason, it is not that regretable, but i've no intention whatissoever to state the obvious, namely, that there are natural explanations as to why Human beings speak different languages, just to reinitiate another circular reasoning in your mind. :D

Johnny B   

N.O.R.F;758909 wrote:
^Asking such a question now (as well as all your previous ones) demonstrates you took the leap without seeking answers but continue to ask these questions to satisfy yourself you made the right decision. I would say otherwise if I thought you were geniungly seeking answers (your track record is in the archives).

Enought about me, let us talk about ME . :D

N.O.R.F;758909 wrote:

As for the question, the same way you believe you have used your intellect to conclude there is no god, many others have concluded that there is a god. Swings and roundabouts as it were.

Cheese and chalk Mr Norf.

The question is not about whether religious people use their intellect to conclude that there is a god or i or atheists use our intellect to conclude the contrary, the question is whether there are situation(s) in life where accepting a supernatural explanation is the only or the most plausible explanation having exhausted all possible natural explanations?.

And i'm counting on your contribution regarding that question. ;)

nuune   

Johny Bravo, welcome back sxb, when all is done, let me know aan shahaadada kuu qabtee, I am even OK to visit you in Goteborg, I know tii Sujuida aheyd iney bahal balaaya tahey oy kugu akhrisey alaaba casriyeysan kuwaa soo kugu dhaliyey su'aalahan, Alxamdulillaahi.

Ma ka soo laabatey Diinsoor

Johnny B   

^Nuune, Thanks bro ,

Of course , i'll let you know when i am ready to take that step, but you've to bring AT&T( fiqi tolkii kama janna tago) , without him, it'd feel like being a Liverpool fan. ;)

This Sujui and NGONGE has done the great job of " iska eeg" trick on me , but i've a way to go.

haa sxb , i'm back, but not from there, i've been to g-harrey instead.