Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

The most Plausible Deity

Johnny B   

The Concept of God (in the abrahamic Religions) is introduced to almost every child , as children lack own informed oponion about most of the realities of the universe, it is easier to swollow the concept as is,just as they do with all the other incomprehensible concepts, like ghosts, fairies etc etc.

As we grow up and collect our own experience of the realities of the universe, the God concept becomes blurry,fuzzie,hazier,problematic, source of cognitive dissonance, but almost never fades away as many other incomprehensible concepts ( ghosts, fairies etc ) do.

The God concept stays with us for a reason or another, for most of us, it fills the gap of all the yet-to-be-known-explanations-of-the-universe, for some the concept becomes a placebo for the Human insecurities that results of the human inability to master the whole of the Universe, for some the concept becomes a private part of their realities of the Universe, that is readily offered as the only plausible explanation to all the causes they seem to lack a directly comprehensible natural explanation for.

Can you as a religious person think of any situation where supernatural explanation is the only or the most plausible answer, after having exhaused all other possible natural causes?

No one say except Nur is more dedicated to God and religion than JB. It's amazing how much of his time it occupies and the near obsession is beyond belief.

What's the cause of this restlessness?

When you are able to know what is happening tomorrow ,,, when you can tell me when you are going to die ,,,, and when you can explain what the "روح" is ................ Then that is when you can talk about God.

Let's start from the simple then we go up to the difficult issues ...............

Johnny B   

^ So Mr Jacaylbaro , How does not knowing what is happening tomorrow or not knowing when I'm going to die, or/and my inability to explain what the "روح" is relate to the God concept ?

Would i be off the mark if i assumed that your concept of God seems to be the God of the gaps.?!

Incase you've missed the point , what i'm asking for is a situation where a supernatural explanation (God, Ghost, etc etc ) is the only or the more plausible explanation after having exhausted all possible natural explanations.

/ps,

"روح" = Soul ?

NGONGE   

Sing it with me..

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,

Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait.....

p.s.

JB will you never get tired of trying to convert us all, saaxib?

Johnny B   

^Ngonge, I'm hardly done with myself to begin, and i can but appologize for coming off as another ENuri.

Heeeeeeeey, according to the late apologetics, you were already a lost liberal soul. :P

Johnny B;758586 wrote:
Sharmarke, Do you mean, "Ilaah" translated to God is doing injustice to the Arabic langauage?

Jb, you didn't got me right.

There are many languages spoken across the globe, right?? What is the reason you can give for it??

NGONGE   

Johnny B;758584 wrote:
^Ngonge, I'm hardly done with myself to begin, and i can but appologize for coming off as another ENuri.

Heeeeeeeey, according to the late apologetics, you were already a lost liberal soul.
:P

I'm found slightly to the right of A&T but to the left of almost everyone else. :D

Kool_Kat   

Johnny B;758461 wrote:
Can you as a religious person think of any situation where supernatural explanation is the only or the most plausible answer, after having exhaused all other possible natural causes?

Higher powers are telling me I need a new pair or two of shoes, for winter is around the corner...For the life of me, magaranaayo meesheey ka socoto sheekada cuz I have three pairs of winter boots, one never worn mind you...SMH!

for crying out loud, change the record fella. To help you in your confusion I suggest you go into the corner, and pretend to be a Panda. Go on do it.

exhausted-panda.jpg