Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Professor Axmed Ismacil samatar There is hardly any Somalia any more

Abdul;758110 wrote:
True.Some people claiming somalia is dead in this forums forgot it was only few months ago that students from their enclave were forced to go to mogadishu to get scolarships to Turkey.How is that possible if somalia is dead??

LOL, Abdul, you forgot to mention that this site is called SomaliaOnline and not 'Separatist-Minority-Online' aka 'somalilandonline'. lol

Abdul who said Somalia is dead its only samatar who said there is hardly any Somalia any more and even he is trying everything to help Somalia Hiil qaran must be given a chance.

Samatar & his brother were always opportunists and no more. Even in Minneapolis the Somali population have realized what these men are.

This is exactly the sort of negative attitude many somalis have towards our intellectuals which has led to many avoiding getting drawn into the wreckage that is our country.

There is no doubt that the Samatar brothers are genuine Somali intellectuals who have been calling for Somali unity for decades. They are both working as competent academics in American universities and have recently created a political party which for all intents and purposes is seeking to find a solution to our atrocious predicament. Tell me,what gives you the right to belittle and question the motives of those who would seek to find a way forward sxb?

He certainly has done more for Somali unity than you ever will.

Abdul   

Jacaylbaro;758117 wrote:
Because you can stand on a dead horse and move its head with your hand ... then say "look it is not dead"
:D

Who is really standing on a dead horse??Oh my bad,i meant fake horse.

ElPunto   

Centurion;758142 wrote:
This is exactly the sort of negative attitude many somalis have towards our intellectuals which has led to many avoiding getting drawn into the wreckage that is our country.

There is no doubt that the Samatar brothers are genuine Somali intellectuals who have been calling for Somali unity for decades. They are both working as competent academics in American universities and have recently created a political party which for all intents and purposes is seeking to find a solution to our atrocious predicament. Tell me,what gives you the right to belittle and question the motives of those who would seek to find a way forward sxb?

He certainly has done more for Somali unity than you ever will.

I'm not going to comment specifically on the Samatars. But you have to ask yourself why do so many Somalis have a 'negative attitude towards our intellectuals'? The reason is simple. There have been many intellectuals who have involved themselves in the mess that is Somalia and most times they behave as badly as the rest. If Somali intellectuals were of any net benefit to the Somali nation we would not be in the situation we are now 20+ years after the downfall of Barre.

Johnny B   

Selective quoting at its best.

Normally, I don't understand much, but mr samatar is not saying "there is no Somalia anymore" though some would like that to be the case, from what i gather and that is not much, he happens to say that he believes in united Somalia, and his Somalia is but wholly united at the moment..