Sign in to follow this  
Shilling

Re: The Xinnfanin Identity

Shilling   

Abtigiis;755675 wrote:
Mind you, he supports the TFG and its seemingly avuncular President. But he opposes governments formed in foreign lands. The TFG is not formed inside Somalia.

Why shouldn’t Xinn oppose governments formed in foreign land? When 1) like Azania they don’t have a leg to stand on, on the ground nor have the blessing of clan elders from the region and (2) like Ras Casayr and Galmudug when they don’t even consist of 2 or more regions as the TFG charter demands. Abigiis you’re a fraud and Xinn is a man of reason.

The TFG although formed out side of Somalia, what is important is its building process and that has been as inclusive as possible with dozens of consultative meetings which dragged on for more then 2 years. In conclusion, no it was no over night paper government sensation like Ras Casayr.

Abtigiis;755675 wrote:
He opposes Kenyan incursion, which the TFG endorses. He opposes Amisiom atrocities, which the TFG refuses to blame Amisom for.

Maybe Xinn refuses to believe that tourism however critical it maybe to Kenya’s economy, that that was actually behind Kenya’s move to invade Somalia. You do know the Kenyans claim that they were planning a military incursion long before the Shabab even worried them?

Or maybe unlike the problematic Shabab in our capital, the Shabab in Kismayo happen to be a blessing from God. As I recall, in Kismayo an alliance of local clans fought for their God-given right to live free in the land of their fathers fathers. They bravely liberated Kismayo so their children can walk and play in peace and their women's honor and dignity is respected. It was that sort of sentiment which encouraged the local clans there to sought Islamist support to help them rid the city of the brutal militias which for years had suppressed the local population.

The days of warlord-rule isn’t after all over now that warlords like Madobe and Hirale are being push by both Kenya and Ethiopia; With them at the helm, Xinn is right to oppose them because logic would dictate that they although not a curse to either Kenya or Ethiopia, are indeed a curse to the local population there who they have suppressed before in the past.

A long term solution comes not on the back of foreign tanks but through an all inclusive planning which Azania, Madobe, Hirale, etc. is hard to say have fulfilled since the local population there aren’t without grievances.

Either way Xinn stands correct on opposing them, because while AMISOM is fighting to secure the capitals peace, both Kenya and Ethiopia are trying to impose two hated tools (namely Madobe and Hirale) on Kismayo’s population. Theirs is truly a selfish one and sold as a along term solution when it’s far from it.

Abtigiis;755675 wrote:
He enthusiastically sings for Mahiga’s road map, something which the TFG doesn’t seem to embrace with the same fervor.

Mahiga’s road map supports Federalism whereas the TFG (in particular Sharif and his cohorts) are only interested on a failed central platform which suits their own selfish interests. Any sane Somali would support the neutral Mahiga then these known flip flopper’s.

Abtigiis;755675 wrote:
The question remains if Xinnfanin doesn’t agree with all that the TFG is doing, how can he claim he is supporting it?

No sane person would agree with his government on very thing and I’m actually shocked that you would ask such a question. Qof fiyoow inaad tahay anigu shaki baba iga jiraa.

Abtigiis   

I didnot want to extend to another thread the parameters of this blameworthy debate about the innate identity of a valuable SOL member. However, asked legitimate questions about my post, I owe Mr. Shilling some explanation. But first thing first. He said he doesn't think I am sane. My wife thinks I am sane, My mom who called me today for the Eid thinks I am sane, my employers think I am sane and therefore pay me salary not disability allowance. Infact, Ngonge thinks I am sane. Therefore, I must be sane. :D Second, many people think Kant was crazy, but for sure we know he waisn't. :D

(1) no leg or no enough regions: I thought Azania consists of Gedo, Middle Jubba and Lower Jubba and is therefore more than 2 regions. I also thought the TFG was first conceived in foriegn land and then transported to Somalia. Azania was following the same formula. But in any case, who says you can't break with Somali precedent? what if they follow the PLO way and form a state in absentia? Xinn mustbe consistent on this, is he objecting to any government formed outside, or is he attaching other conditions? I thought his view was that anything formed outside is unacceptable. In which case my question would still be valid: why would he oppose a newer addition to the club of foreign-formed states?

(2) Xinn's belief or assumptions about what Kenyan motive is or not is irrelevant. Against his and your beliefs, there are countles other counter-assumptions and conspiracy theories, so I don't know what you are saying there. The fact Xinn believes Kenyan motives are worse than Ugandan (Amisom) motives may shape his opinion, but I can disagree. He is entitled to his opinions and conjectures. But I was asking why he would trust his opinions over what seems the overwhelming judgment of the people on the ground, and crucially that of the TFG?

(3) Central Vs Federalism and Mahiga: I see your agument. I was debating Xinn who seems to see the Mahiga's agenda as part of Sharifites project. While i have my opinion about central Vs federalism ( which is likely not in sync with yours), I think that is a different discussion. Xinnfanin cannot support Mahiga when he also thinks the roadmap is about taking sea miles from Somalia. More importantly, Xinn cannot embrace Mahiga and Sharif at the same time if the two have different opinions about the roadmap. We can appreciate thoughtful hypocracy, not this blatant chicanery.

(4) supporting TFG, disagreeing with the process that sired it and with its core policies: You sound as if we are talking about Xinn disagreeing with the TFG's taxation or agricultural polciy! Or immigration circular! No, a citizen can disagree with his party's policies, but not with the fundamental policy elements and yet identify himself with that party. Clearly, the TFG is little more than a party in Somalia's politics today. So, if Xinn disagress with literally every core decision or action they take, it is hard to see why he should qualify as a supporter. Again, my opinion but I can see others easily diasagreeing with my catagorical assertion.