Sign in to follow this  
Moulana

Buug xiiso badan oo Madaxweyne Cabdullahi Yusuf uu qorey,maalintu dhashey ilaa xiligaan ayuu ka shee

Abtigiis   

Dear Mr. Somalia,

If we commend Yusuf for refusing to accept Siyad Barre’s autocracy, we have to hold him accountable for what become of the SSDF too. I have the privilege of sitting with some of the top brass of the SSDF in Zambia, who tearfully told me how the old one would make a decision unilaterally and would not budge or accept anybody’s counsel one he makes up his mind. That dictatorial leadership style killed SSDF.

If we also extol him for bravery for rising up against Military dictatorship at a time Siyaad looked eminent and untouchable, we should exorcise him for lack of political leadership and vision to finish the job he started. General Aideed was allegedly brave, but by leading a horde of untrained, angry clansmen into the capital, he allowed mayhem and rape to thrive. A bravery without responsibility is hooliganism, and you can watch the Sopranos and Prison Break if you want that brand of gallantry.

I may agree with some of the points you mentioned about the man’s efforts, but efforts are not what count. It is achievements and the record shows he failed miserably. No one is paid for effort, and therefore Yey will be judged by what he left behind not what intended to do, assuming he had good intentions.

Somalia   

Abtigiis;756291 wrote:
Dear Mr. Somalia,

If we commend Yusuf for refusing to accept Siyad Barre’s autocracy, we have to hold him accountable for what become of the SSDF too. I have the privilege of sitting with some of the top brass of the SSDF in Zambia, who tearfully told me how the old one would make a decision unilaterally and would not budge or accept anybody’s counsel one he makes up his mind. That dictatorial leadership style killed SSDF.

If we also extol him for bravery for rising up against Military dictatorship at a time Siyaad looked eminent and untouchable, we should exorcise him for lack of political leadership and vision to finish the job he started. General Aideed was allegedly brave, but by leading a horde of untrained, angry clansmen into the capital, he allowed mayhem and rape to thrive. A bravery without responsibility is hooliganism, and you can watch
the Sopranos
and
Prison Break
if you want that brand of gallantry.

I may agree with some of the points you mentioned about the man’s efforts, but efforts are not what count. It is achievements and the record shows he failed miserably. No one is paid for effort, and therefore Yey will be judged by what he left behind not what intended to do, assuming he had good intentions.

I understand your core point that he loved power and that his leadership alienated a lot of people, I know of that personally however his thirst for victory is my admiration for him whether he did it wrong or right, he tried but in the end it's what he left behind you are correct in saying that.

I jump to his defence when people want to acknowledge the hypocrisy of distinguishing foreign invaders.

UZTAAD   

Mr abdullahi yusuf will leave a mixed legacy, some positive and some negative legacy.

positive things that he will be remembered

1. he bravely take part in Somali Ethiopian war in 1964 and won medals & he was promoted as result of his bravery

2. he was one of the leading commander of Somali -Ethiopia war in 1977 where scored many victories against Ethiopians

3. he stood up against the dictatorship and oppression of ziyaad barre regime and he nearly overthrow that regime

4. he helped to to end wars between USC and SSDF in 1993 when he signed peace agreement with general Aidid

5. he chased Al itahad extremist group out of inpunland in 1992

6. he is the founding father of puntland.

7. he is the pioneer of federal system in Somalia

8. he helped the stablishment of current TFG

leadership qualities.

1. he was not corrupt

2. he was orator and man with great humor

3. straight talker

4.brave and decisive

etc.

negative things he did

1. he was not good in social affairs , he did not interested in building schools or universities

2. he was not good in diplomacy.

3. he believed that every thing can be solved with force and wars

4. his reliability of Ethiopians and other foreigners.

The Zack   

Somalia;756320 wrote:
Oh so you edited it down to 6k. What's next 2k? As if he ordered people to kill civilians..

I didn't edit any thing ee adaa buufis qabo. If I edited it, "last edited by" would've shown on the bottom of my post just in case you are little illeterate on that part.

Look ----------> the bottom of this post for reference...

Somalia   

You can EDIT stuff without it saying EDIT at the bottom if it's within a minute time. You wrote 60k.

I didn't edit any thing ee adaa buufis qabo. If I edited it, "last edited by" would've shown on the bottom of my post just in case you are little
illeterate
on that part.

Ironically it's called illiterate.

The Zack   

So I posted, you read what i posted, you replied to my post, I read your response, I edited ny original post and these all happened in 1 minute? Waaryaahee ka soco meesha! Lol@correcting my typo. Anyways I am out of here, eid Mubarak..

Carafaat   

Abdullahi Yusuf is only admired and praised by his sub-sub-clan and renounced by all other Somali's.

That says enough about his significance as a leader.