Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The Xinnfanin Identity

Bashiir   

Sayid*Somal;755713 wrote:
Dhakafar kugu dhac - war ka bax meesha intaan dhakada lagugu dhufan
:D

Are you serious?

I'd think you were talking to yourself right there.

Prof Abtigiis, aqoontiisa iyo halabuurkiisa markaad aragto asaadan aqoon weyn u lahayn iskhilaafka nafsiga ah ee ilaah ku ibtileeyey iyo ficilada soke ee nuurkiisa damisa, waxaad moodaysaa kii reerka laga rabay.

Geelle, one of the poets of Hawd, waa kii Cali Maahir ku lahaa;

Ninkii aan aqoon kuu lahayn aragti mooyaane

Afka hadalka wuxuu moodayaa odoga reeraade

Anse ogi halkaad Maahirow iin ku leedahaye

Mind you, Maahir's witty quip (wax la waayey Geellow, ninkii waalan baa duda'e) never did much to dampen the piercing quality of Geelle's verses.

Malika   

Abtigis & xiin

What are your interests? [in Somalia]

Baal aan aragnee if you two share anything common - in terms of interest for Somalia and Somalis.

ps. My take on the Kenyan's incursion is that it was unnecessary and clearly it was a strategy to continue the mayhem and chaos that is Somali politics/affairs. Despite what the TFG is, there was some indication that something was moving into the right direction. Al-Shabaab was finally removed from the capital city - life started to go back to normal. Airport and Harbour openings - Aid coming in etc. But ofcourse, that wasnt serving someone's interest somewhere, they had to forward their own/regional/international interests. So yet again, we debate, argue and of course continue in our paths of separate interests, with that prolonging the nation building.

pss.xiin, I too still push the peace caravan for Sheikh Sharif - people underestimate him. It took 20yrs to destroy Somalia, surely it will take some time to rebuild it. Chance halaa siiyo wadadka..

Malika, it is not a sheer coincidence that you and I always take similar positions on political matters relating to Somalia. And always, and I say always, your timely interventions and your dispensations help the discourse and steer it to the direction of reason. Prof. Abtigis may not appreciate your presence here, but I welcome it. It is a great departure from the company of fools I have been cursed to endure in the last few days.

So to cut this long chase, my take is your take.

ps. Sharif waa ina adeerkay, marka no surprise there. But our country takes precedence over the good Sheekh, so we will sharply disagree if he blesses this thing as did his prime minister.

loooooooooooool..Aw Xiin, you haven't answered the question.

":What are your interests? [in Somalia]

Baal aan aragnee if you two share anything common - in terms of interest for Somalia and Somalis"

Showqi   

Malika;755721 wrote:
Al-Shabaab was finally removed from the capital city - life started to go back to normal. Airport and Harbour openings - Aid coming in etc.

Malika, yes, Al-Shabaab was removed from Mogadishu. But they still have hostage the rest of the country, Like Jubooyinka. Al-Shabaab is Collecting Taxes in their own way. They desperately recruiting young children, and forcing them to join Al-Shabaab. Al-Shabaab is forcing young Somali girls to marry their soldiers.

And on top of that they went to Kenya: kidnapping and killing kenyan tourist/Aidworkers.

Ask your self why Kenya is not going to Puntland

Ask your self why Kenya is not going to Somaliland

Al-Shabaab is a threat to Somalia, Kenya, Uganda, and many other countries.

Che -Guevara;755730 wrote:
loooooooooooool..Aw Xiin, you haven't answered the question.

":What are your interests? [in Somalia]

Baal aan aragnee if you two share anything common - in terms of interest for Somalia and Somalis"

Xiinfanin is a real politician they avoid questions

Mayaani   

Malika;755721 wrote:
Abtigis & xiin

What are your interests? [in Somalia]

Baal aan aragnee if you two share anything common - in terms of interest for Somalia and Somalis.

ps. My take on the Kenyan's incursion is that it was unnecessary and clearly it was a strategy to continue the mayhem and chaos that is Somali politics/affairs. Despite what the TFG is, there was some indication that something was moving into the right direction. Al-Shabaab was finally removed from the capital city - life started to go back to normal. Airport and Harbour openings - Aid coming in etc. But ofcourse, that wasnt serving someone's interest somewhere, they had to forward their own/regional/international interests. So yet again, we debate, argue and of course continue in our paths of separate interests, with that prolonging the nation building.

Kala qayb sanaanta waa wax meshaan na dhigay Malika because Somalis norrow mindly believe that every clan will have more benefit when they have separate state and greater Somalia will become more prosperous but truth is it just contributes and prolongs our people’s misery. We have so many stooges and beggars in Somalia than genuine leader who feels and cares his people..

Bashiir;755716 wrote:
Are you serious?

I'd think you were talking to yourself right there.

Come down Bashir - scratch head = dhaka far

The only reason why i am contributing here is because Abtigiis reminded me of that famous Somali poem - which so ably describes the human duality, here is an excerpts from Wardheer contributor:

In his classic poem, Macaan iyo Qadhaadh, Qassim, in the spirit of poet-seers such as William Blake or Yeats,
speaks to the universal duality of human constitution and the capacity of human beings to possess an inexplicable and acute propensity for both good and evil

On another more local level, in Macaan iyo Qadhaadh, Qassim
lucidly portrays
not only himself but t
he duality of the complex Somali persona and the symbiosis of its inborn split personality traits that are inherently in a state of perpetual love and hate relationships – a mere microcosmic mirror of the alternating feelings of amity and animosity between the Somali clans, the hardnosed, non-delivering politicians and the emergent parvenu Sheikhs who are engaged in an ever-shifting allegiances and alliances

As a matter of fact, Macaan iyo Qadhaadh could be construed as an artistic depiction of present day Somali politics at its raw stage which is neither cogent nor coherent.
Unlike any other politics, it is not traceably principle-based or context-driven but rooted in shifting sands; often marred with inconsistence and the absence of a national platform.
Like the Somali persona, it is characteristically dynamic and asymmetrical in its application. In his book, Warriors, Life and death among the Somalis, Gerald Hanley aptly describes the complexity of the Somali character. “Of all the races of Africa, there cannot be one better to live among than the most difficult, the proudest, the bravest, the vainest, the most merciless, the friendliest: the Somalis.”

Gabbal   

It is a folly to assume Xiin is altogether aware of his contradictions. The sanity in his ethos lies in rarely acknowledging it; rather denying it which serves as a defense mechanism when he is called to introspection.

Abtigiis   

Xinnfanin is still busy with character analysis, something that won't answer the fundamental question he is asked. How does he hold all those contradictory beliefs in one single head at one given time? The question is if he opposes the process that brought TFG to life (creating governments in foreign lands), if he opposes most of the actions of the TFG, If he opposes its policies, can he actually say he is supporter of the TFG? Granted he can say he is a fan of Sheikh Sharif; for what, the big Gods can only tell.

Now, to Xinn and his other bizarre victim-playing. In the course of this debate, Xinn has been asked a simple question without calling him names. He responded by questioning my intellectual depth (whatever that is supposed to be), said I am a fool (maybe by atavistic association), and pretended he is wronged (saying I made a gaffe). It is only too clear who was throwing out labels with reckless ease. Xinn is like the whip farmers use to scare off birds from their harvest-ready produce. It makes the sound, but it cries with pain.

For a man who boasts of intellectual profundity, abundance of ideas, and unparalleled problem-solving skills, he is yet to offer any substantive ideas to solve Somalia's current problems. I mean million homilies of what ought to happen and who ought to do won't help the poor people whose limbs and legs are cut off daily by medievial terrorists. Does he mistake whimper for policy recommendations? Does he think complicating simple matters is a measure of one's robust thinking? Does he wrongly think dogmatic intransigence and cognitive stagnation are synonymous with 'Princpledness' and 'steadfastness'?

Dear Xinn, yes, you have opposed foreign interventions in the past. Amisom being the exception, although you seem to mind military meddling and not political interferance as is openly observed in Puntland, Somaliland and TFG. Yes you have said only Somali can solve the Somali problem, a claim all available evidences do not support. But has that lessened the misery for Somalia's suffering people? Sitting in America and sipping hot cappuccino, perhaps time is not of a big essence for you and you can wait for all your utopian ideals to become real. Dreaming is the luxury nature has afforded us and you can do that. The problem is the suffering in Somalia is real and need real soultions.

Malika - my interest in Somalia: the long term vision: to see a stable, secular, democratic, vibrant and prosperous Somalia. The short term: to see the end of Islamist mayhem. I don't think you disagree with this.

NGONGE   

Finally A&T has decided to deal with the patronising head on! Hmmmm, fay shay!

Whilst nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing Xiin's hopeless recent postion challanged, I'm still suspecious about A&T's motives here (I mean, he didn't even update me on PM about what he plans to do or anything). :D

Abtigiis   

Ngonge,

Just because I didn't come back and confront you doesn't mean I don't know what you did with the last PM I sent you!

About Xinn, for him, it is about who is right and who is proven wrong; who is seen as most consistent by SOL folks; About cyber vanity; about Mucaskar Caanoole; about high-minded principles that the somali people sadly can't eat, shelter or wear today. The Alshabab atrocities, the mayhem, the hunger, the economic strangulation are not the real and present concerns, they are all secondary matters that can follow the realisation of his fake puritan political philosophy.

After sitting on the receiving end of four years of obfuscatory narrations and circular arguments from Xinnfanin, we now sadly have come to the conclusion that this man's purpose in life and task in SOL is to oppose everything without offering alternatives. Is that a distinction that can earn him the 'intellectual' mantle he so badly craves? He has to get rid of overly relying on borrowed poems and quotations to get to where he aspires to reach. For now, his over-reliance on secondary material indicates a creative and critical thinking that is still at its infancy.