Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Why isnt Puntland fighting Al Shabaab?

Abdi90   

any one who is deep into puntland politics would say that Puntland administration is already at war with Al-shabab, and beside me this is something which has been said many times by Faroole and his men. And i would says Puntland is loosing other wise why would Faroole ask for Amisom forces to be stationed in puntland??? maybe you understand fighting and war as only face to face faighting? what is happening in puntland is low intense guerilla warfare using assassinations and explosive devices to target Farooles administration, and i can say from the information we have it seems puntland is standing on its last leg and if it doesn't get help from amisom or some one else it will fall. Maybe the only thing holding from its collapse is Ahlul sunna in Galgaduud and they are doomed to fall soon. The time when Ahlul sunna used to attack Ceelbuur is gone long time ago now shabab is dancing around Dhusamareeb going in and out as they wish (it happened 3 times).

Somalia   

Few assassinations can't break Puntland. AMISOM's forces are going to Galkacyo as part of a larger game, there's too much invested in Puntland for outside forces to let it fail.

Your join date is 2004 and you only made 1 post :D

Carafaat   

Abdi90;758225 wrote:
any one who is deep into puntland politics would say that Puntland administration is already at war with Al-shabab, and beside me this is something which has been said many times by Faroole and his men. And i would says Puntland is loosing other wise why would Faroole ask for Amisom forces to be stationed in puntland??? maybe you understand fighting and war as only face to face faighting? what is happening in puntland is low intense guerilla warfare using assassinations and explosive devices to target Farooles administration, and i can say from the information we have it seems puntland is standing on its last leg and if it doesn't get help from amisom or some one else it will fall. Maybe the only thing holding from its collapse is Ahlul sunna in Galgaduud and they are doomed to fall soon. The time when Ahlul sunna used to attack Ceelbuur is gone long time ago now shabab is dancing around Dhusamareeb going in and out as they wish (it happened 3 times).

Abdi, thanks. This is a fair answer to my question. Puntland seems to be indeed engaged in a fight with AL Shabaab.

peasant   

This guy sounds as if he just got out from a long lasting coma! Of course puntland does not want to take part the fight against Madaxduubs in the south and that is because puntland tried to help southerners before in order to restore law and order but they southerners perceived it wrongfully and they sided with the wrong guys. The very same guys that are at war with them today!