Sign in to follow this  
Knight of Wisdom

Best Islamic Universities:

International Islamic university of Malaysia really? I beg to differ, Al-Azhar is still the best. From what I have been told by Madinah university graduates the curriculum has been diluted, and it is not what it used to be.

Al-Azhar is not what it used to be but ahl alkhayr are still there. There's a video on youtube of an Azhari sheikh where he lists the problems Al Azhar is facing. One must understand that Al Azhar is a schooling system that starts from Kindergarten. The Azhar system is slowly being changed so that it is more secular so that students reach the Univesrity level with less Islamic knowledge and more secular knowledge. In all cases from what I've seen is that students benefit the most from Halaqas within the masajid or the homes of various shyookh. Graduates of Madinah benefit most from the study circles in the Prophet's mosque more than they do in formal classes on campus.

For those who understand Arabic here is a synopsis of the problems Al-Azhar is facing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scpa-qD20oY

Egypt is a country in war now, no point going. Islamic University of Medina is the best because it also provides a student with a room, food and money so all he has to focus on is his degree.

But propper Ilm would be in Yemen and Mauritnia, but its dangerous.

I think there's a lot of things a student of knowledge can do before they leave to study abroad. One can memorize the Quran and learn basic Arabic in their home country. Depending on the availability of people of knowledge one can also learn basic Aqeedah and Fiqh. Once you get a little taste and realize how much more there's to learn then it's safe to venture out and seek Ilm abroad.

somalee   

Darul Mustafa Tarim, Hadramawt in Yemen. This is by far the best Islamic institute in the Muslim world today. Real Islamic knowledge with the correct aqeedah and a significant number of foreign students from all over the world. I'm not sure though how the security situation in Yemen has affected the place.