Sign in to follow this  
Knight of Wisdom

Shout Out To SSC Members !

Somalia;753721 wrote:
So their PLOTTING was the reason why Somalia lost the war? You got to be kidding me?

Their plotting would've devastated the Somali Republic, had they would've succeeded, Somalia would've been Ethiopia's puppet and Mengistu wouldn't have failed from power. Not to mention, major atrocities would've been committed by the Conspirators, under the banner of "Dawladnimo". They were Mengistu's puppets. It's a fact.

There were 2 Options on the table for Ethiopia and it's allies at the time.

1. Create and support financially, tactically and strategically the Conspirators and change the Somali Government with a Puppet Government

OR

2. Direct Soviet Military Intervention, with 15 other Soviet Allies, along with 50,000 Cuban Soldiers.

The first option failed miserably. The second option was the only option left for Mengistu at the time and that is what happened.

Do you expect Siyaad Barre to fight with the Soviets and their 15 Nation-Allies? lol

Somalia   

Lol, Somalia would not have been an Ethiopian puppet. There was resistance in Eritrea and the Tigray too, Mengistu would have fallen, Siad Barre didn't topple Mengistu nor did he have the slightest to do with it.

Soviet Union wouldn't intervene in Somalia and it never did, so how does your second option make sense, all it did was provide arms for Ethiopia.

Che -Guevara;753725 wrote:
Is it me or does Somalia and Knight sound like the same person, different only in font color.

Hahahahaha !

The exposure should've been respited for a few more weeks, perhaps months.

Somalia;753728 wrote:
Lol, Somalia would not have been an Ethiopian puppet. There was resistance in Eritrea and the Tigray too, Mengistu would have fallen, Siad Barre didn't topple Mengistu nor did he have the slightest to do with it.

Soviet Union wouldn't intervene in Somalia and it never did, so how does your second option make sense, all it did was provide arms for Ethiopia.

WHAT ! Did you just say the Soviets didn't intervene? lol

The Soviet Union gave President Siyaad Barre a limited time to withdraw from ALL territories within Ethiopia, including the entire Somali Galbeed and if Siyaad Barre wouldn't comply with that, the Soviets would ariel bombard Mogadishu, and every inch of the Somali Republic.

What would have you done, had you been in Siyaad Barre's shoes? Stay on course and get bombarded by the Soviets, killing millions, or simply withdraw from Somali Galbeed?

Somalia   

You said "Direct Soviet Military Intervention"? So yeah, they didn't intervene in that way. That's the first I've ever heard of that they threatened to "bombard Mogadishu", they called for a ceasefire or they would withdraw military aid not bomb the whole city. What the hell?

Also Siad Barre ignored their call and continued that's when he was repelled.

Somalia;753735 wrote:
You said "Direct Soviet Military Intervention"? So yeah, they didn't intervene in that way. That's the first I've ever heard of that they threatened to "bombard Mogadishu", they called for a ceasefire or they would withdraw military aid not bomb the whole city. What the hell?

Also Siad Barre ignored their call and continued that's when he was repelled.

Thousands of Soviet Soldiers and Cuban Soldiers parachuted into Somali Galbeed and Ethiopia, taking part of the war on Ethiopia's side. Secondly, giving Arms to Ethiopia is called "Direct Military Intervention", hahaha I thought you'd know that.

Yes, the Soviets threaten to not only stop on the borders of Somalia and Ethiopia, but to march all the way to Mogadishu, had Siyaad Barre dididn't withdraw from Somali Galbeed in matter of days, I suppose, if not hours. (when I say hours, it would constitute to like 24, 48, 72 and so on).

Somalia   

Knight of Wisdom;753738 wrote:
Thousands of Soviet Soldiers and Cuban Soldiers parachuted into Somali Galbeed and Ethiopia, taking part of the war on Ethiopia's side. Secondly, giving Arms to Ethiopia is called "Direct Military Intervention", hahaha I thought you'd know that.

Yes, the Soviets threaten to not only stop on the borders of Somalia and Ethiopia, but to march all the way to Mogadishu, had Siyaad Barre dididn't withdraw from Somali Galbeed in matter of days, I suppose, if not hours. (when I say hours, it would constitute to like 24, 48, 72 and so on).

No forgot all of this, my question is, how the hell is that the fault of the conspirators? Are you saying if the conspirators didn't allegedly kill some Somali officials, the war would have been won?

That's a remarkable piece of illogic.

Somalia;753744 wrote:
No forgot all of this, my question is, how the hell is that the fault of the conspirators? Are you saying if the conspirators didn't allegedly kill some Somali officials, the war would have been won?

That's a remarkable piece of illogic.

I never said that. All I said was, the Conspirators were created and helped by Somalia's Enemy, their mission was to overthrow the Somali Government and take it's place, only to become Puppets for Ethiopia or whatever other Foreign Power that was intermingling in Somalia Internal affairs.