Sign in to follow this  
Lychee

Lychee's take on marrige..

chubacka   

Very uplifting Lychee. May Allah increase you in contentment, for those who are grateful Allah showers them with more.

Don't listen to skeptics, it makes a change to read some real positivity on SOL.

Ibtisam   

Nice you are happy- but I dont get the point of this thread- made me feel uncomfortable reading (stopped halfway) I feel like you gave us a window into something private and intimate to you and your husband and we the spy kids! lol

Anyway I've seen so many blinded with beauty and love etc for few years. May allah make it last for you and good luck with motherhood.

P.s. All the "please your husband" ley iisku dhab taxey makes me nauseated too- i better just leave this thread. Ha iidin macaanato.

^lol I know what youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu need.

OP, congrats hun. Sounds like a good life. Thanks for telling us but don't gush too much in real life - I've seen people become jealous and do crazy things.

Lychee sounds as sweet as her name. Glad you found someone to make you happy, dear. Wish you a wonderful and healthy pregnancy & birth Insha'Allah.

Ibti - did you have a bad reaction to the 'please your husband' comment? It just means that a happy woman = a happy hubby. There will be no pleasing should she be unhappy or miserable. It's feminine nature, I think.

Abtigiis   

she wrote this while in honeymoon. It is understandable. :D :D Let us hear what she says a year from now. Waa ta hadda wareegto ha la guursado ah soo saartaye!

Oz   

I don't understand why some aren't happy for her, First they come with negativity then wey u duceynayaan. That's absolutely bullocks!

Ps: thanks for sharing and enjoy it Lychee, best thread I've read for some time. :D

Ibtisam   

Val- haa, just OTT- but hey what ever makes people happy.

OZ, haada miyaa laa habari lahah??? We dont agree laakin she sounds happy so it makes sense for us to make dua for her to stay in her happiness.

Bullocks will be saying jawjaw iyo waali.com naga taa ciyaarta iyo mukurka.

Miriam1   

awww mashallah - you have a lovely marriage! many congrats on the baby.

its difficult to find the right companion really. U just get fedup of the whole situation.

Lychee;752659 wrote:
Not so long ago I went through a stage where I loathed Somali men, bashed men at any given opportunity when I was around my other female companions who shared my logic at that time, I even almost convinced myself that marriage wasn’t for me for I had this negative picture of marrige until by the will of Allah I found a handsome, humorous, intelligent, hard working, endearing Somali brother who introduced to me the beauty of marriage..Alhamdulila..

lol wallahi when I was younger I use to naively think that when older dumar use to say ‘Inan ba soo doonay inantayda’ that they meant a random guy (of high status) who just knows of the girl or a guy who the family is familiar with and is on good terms with the daughter knocks on the door and says ‘’Inantiina i siiya’’ and it was a done deal, but as the years went on I discovered otherwise. One of the things that put me off marriage was the whole process of guur, it frightened me to a whole new level..

Laakiin when it’s meant to be, Allah will make things easy for you..alhamdulila everything went smoothly for me..

Back then I contemplated a few times as to what I’d ‘demand’ for as my meher if I were to ever get married, and once or twice I thought of extravagant gifts but once you have understanding of the deen and you ’re actually in the position of being asked for whatever you like, adiga isla xishooda..I’m not sure about other girls and how they felt. But after I got to know the mashallah brother who’s now my husband, although alhamdulila he had/has a stable job and made/makes a decent salary the thought of putting a burden on him and asking too much of him made me feel some sort of discomfort..so I didn't.

I decided what I wanted, discussed it with both my parents, took their advice and asked of him something that I was content with and he was able to provide..alhamdulila.

So anyway girls let me tell you this, whoever said ‘’The way to a mans heart is through his stomach’’ didn’t lie..wallahi I swear to you, although my cunto isn’t the best of the best... I do know how much alhamdulila my husband appreciates and enjoys me cooking for him. Not only does it show him compassion after a long days work but it also brings you closer as a married couple..once again alhamdulila

And when he finishes eating and he says ‘’Ilaahay khair ha ku siiyo’’ with a huge grin and a satisfied stomach...well lets just say that feeling is priceless..mashallah

It's little things that make you smile, like when he comes home from work and he’s bought you xalwad or Vimto because he thinks dhiiga kugu yar lol because you've been feeling a little faint lately and as most Somalis believe Vimto is good for dhiiga (when what I probably need is iron tabs)or when you’re unwell and he rubs your back, or when he questions you a million times if you’ve eaten or not (when in reality I've been stuffing my face with cunto while he's been at work and when he comes I eat a small portion and he says with a genuine/concerned expression ''Is that all you're eating?''), or when you go out not feeling at your best and he reassures you by telling you you look beautiful..

lol I'm getting a tad bit carried away...sorry folks

But for real..I'm not saying marrige is one big fairytale but like anything in life, marriage has its ups and downs and I’ve come to realise that by living the way Allah SWT ordered us to live, compromising, communicating, showing mercy to one another, and by appreciating all that we do for one another...the ups definitely outweigh the downs..

So I’m now a few months pregnant alhamdulila and I’m sooooo excited about becoming a Mother Insh’Allah..

Some days doing simple daily chores feels so exhausting, and I’m only starting to actually understand what my own Hooyo went through for me and I haven’t even been through the agonising pains of labour yet (may Allah make it easy for me)..And may Allah grant all our waalid, especially our Mothers the highest level of jannah..ameen.

The thought of knowing that when you please your husband, you please your Lord (Insh’Allah) and through that and other righteous deeds ...jannah awaits us INSHALLAH BI IDNILA for indeed we are told that your husband is either your gateway to jannah or your gateway to hellfire...

For the unmarried girls, I’d say get married for marriage is half your deen and protects you from a lot of evil..may Allah bless us all with righteous husbands and pious offspring’s...ameen

Peace & Love

So lovely to hear, our Somali brothers are the best! I have my eyes on four Somali men, very different personalities but handsome and sweet.

My gosh I feel like a kid in a candy-store unable to choose. :o