Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Disagreement or two different religions?

Janna   

Recently a person and I had a disagree regarding women attending Friday pray's.

The person insisted I attend it because I don't attend University on that day. However I said to this problematic person, Women should pray in their homes for they are rewarded more while praying in their homes instead of going to the Mosque.

I once read in a Islamic book, that women are encouraged to pray at home rather then going to the Mosque.

Are there any hadith encouraging women to attend Friday pray's? So I can prove to this not so intelligent person they are wrong.

Guhaad   

sister, it isn't different religion. it is just another reflection of you. maybe she meant it a nice way, that since you are around, why don't you get-down-with-the-girls type stuff. so sometimes, although it is encourage, you should just chill.

so, in short, i am worried that person would still not be satisfied even after your find the hadiths. if not, let me know.

Are there any hadith encouraging women to attend Friday pray's? So I can prove to this not so intelligent person they are wrong.

If there is a hadith proving you wrong, would you admit your 'not so intelligent'?

I believe that the friday prayer benefits everyone, men & women because one learns and gains alot from the kutbah. However its only obligatory on the men to attend and volantary on the woman's part.

Janna   

I didn't actually mean the person and I are practicing two different religions.

Though I am not fully pleased by the replies I have received, I will ignore the unimportant comments.

Jafarel,

Thank you for the site. I remeber reading these words; Prophet (PBUH)“Do not prevent your women from going to the mosques, although their houses are better for them.†Narrated by Abu Dawood (567).

The reason why Jumu’ah is not obligatory for women is that sharee’ah does not encourage women to attend places where men gather...

N.O.R.F   

ALexus, you are right. But it may be beneficial sometimes to hear the Khutba as it always has reminders/advice for Muslims both on the basics of Islam as well as views on 'current' events.

Allahu aclam

HAVE you noticed how it is always the Somali women that pack the womens' section in the mosque .. espcially during taraweeh prayer .. my sister even shifts one or two goods during the sunday tafsiir class .. somali women they always classic ..

and don't think we men's are any better .. always checking out the girls durning taraaweeh, waiting just outside as it ends ...

Guhaad   

^^Yahoo, i think you went off the topic, so fadlan come back slowly. you moved from Friday to Taraweex like it was during the same day. :D

SAGAL   

assalamu alaikum,

It's not a must that women should pray in the mosque. It is true that you do get reward if you pray at your home. But for me, If I'm not doing anything, I go to the mosque to pray. So it is your choice.

Khalaf   

Asslaamu Alaykum

Quote from Kooleey:

"I believe that the friday prayer benefits everyone, men & women because one learns and gains alot from the kutbah. However its only obligatory on the men to attend and volantary on the woman's part."

Yeah, what she said.

Voluntary, because this deen puts no hardship on the muslim woman. We live in Kufir land, where we are not surrounded by Islam and other Muslims everyday, I would encourage the sisters to attend Friday prayers, there is much benefit in seeing and socializing with other muslims for you.

Do not disconnect yourself from the community, its not like in Muslim lands, where you are surrounded by Muslims, here is different.

PS: I think the person was just trying to be helpful no need in calling them not intelligent, or have to prove them wrong. If you feel staying home is good, then pray at the home. And its disaggreement, don't jump the gun by saying two different deens.

Janna   

Originally posted by The Flipmode:

Good girl, You must be HAPPY..
or so I suppose

Answered...
Do u got another Question..

My next question has nothing to do with religion. The question is why are you always following me around? What are you? My shadow? :D

Janna   

Originally posted by Northerner:

ALexus, you are right.

It feels great to be right, Northerner.