Sign in to follow this  
Bluelicious

Would you marry an ex-convict?

Could you imagine how the conversation would go down when the dude ask the girls parents if he could marry her...?

Hooyo/Aabe/Family: War Walaalow inoo sheeg waxaad taxay iyo waxaad soo qaban jirtay?

Ex.Convict: Halkee ka bilaabaa bal.... 5sano oo ugu danbeesay XABIS/Jail ayaan kujiray, laakinse hada waxaan ahay kuwa eey yiraahdaaan "Reformed" oo is badaly

Hooyo/Aabe/Family: War Nin Fiican ayaaba tahayee, GABADHA waan ku siinay. :)

Nin-Yaaban;756827 wrote:
Could you imagine how the conversation would go down when the dude ask the girls parents if he could marry her...?

Hooyo/Aabe/Family
: War Walaalow inoo sheeg waxaad taxay iyo waxaad soo qaban jirtay?

Ex.Convict
: Halkee ka bilaabaa bal.... 5sano oo ugu danbeesay XABIS/Jail ayaan kujiray, laakinse hada waxaan ahay kuwa eey yiraahdaaan "Reformed" oo is badaly

Hooyo/Aabe/Family
: War Nin Fiican ayaaba tahayee, GABADHA waan ku siinay.
:)

Lol that was a realistic convo but I think the answer would be a fat NO don't you think? Somalis are so judgemental they would never allow such person in their lifes or give to their daughters.

Bluelicious;756834 wrote:
Lol that was a realistic convo but I think the answer would be a fat NO don't you think? Somalis are so judgemental they would never allow such person in their lifes or give to their daughters.

I think the answer would be a resounding YES. Well, either that or she would just run away with him. :)

Nin-Yaaban;756840 wrote:
I think the answer would be a resounding YES. Well, either that or she would just run away with him.
:)

Eloping is never the answer to your problems I can't believe people fail to see that :confused:

Aaliyyah   

loool@ nin yaban. I don't think the guy would be that honest he would probably just share the good things he does, we will just be lucky if he shares with the girl he plans to marry - aduunka hada honesty baaba iska yaraatay. Imagine he tells her after their wedding night xabsi baan bari galay :P..

as long as the girl knows and shes ok with it..there is no need to tell her family - yada baa is og meshay iska donaso bari hadii balayo uu ku noqda..

oh wait if that girl was my sister I would want her to tell me that he was exconvict so i can convince her to never marry him lol..hmm! I guess a guy has to be honest with the family too..bt if he is honest with the family uma maleenay in cid la siinay asago fara madhan bu caraabi :).

salaam

A_Khadar   

I am still wondering "How the two would meet in the first place".. Convict and clean/decent person where and what in commonality that can bring together to meet? Ooh yeah, the dude is reformed and integrated.... Something is not right about this me think..

^^ Well since they are out and about in society you could come across them on any place like you normally would with normal people who haven't been to prison. And it's not like you could read from a persons face that they are ex convicts when you meet them unless they tell you you wouldn't know.

A_Khadar   

^^ All I am trying to say is if the two people are way different such x-convict and very decent person, it's unlikely they meet since they don't be around the same places.. One hungs at wrong places with wrong people where the other is the opposite..

Mustafe   

Aaliyyah;756899 wrote:
loool@ nin yaban. I don't think the guy would be that honest he would probably just share the good things he does, we will just be lucky if he shares with the girl he plans to marry - aduunka hada honesty baaba iska yaraatay. Imagine he tells her after their wedding night xabsi baan bari galay
:P

Looooool, dee waa iska caadi, gabadhu hoosta uun bay ka ducaysanaysaa inuusan xabsi dambe gelin. Mida kale sow ma ogid in western countries in xabsi si easy ah lagu galo? For example, hadda anoo banaankayga iska maraya ahduu mid waalan isoo doonto ama i attack gareeyo anna aan sanbuuqada jebiyo isna inta uu dhulka isku tuuro Police u waco sow ma ogid in la iska kay xidhi karo? Not that I'm speaking from experience laakiin the stuff I put up with on a frequent bases, just so as not to go to prison.Maalin kasta miskiin baa iska dhigaa oo dad ba iskaga kay tunta si aan xabsi u gelin oo mustaqbalka gabadh fiican la'iisiiyo.

Abti   

I find this thread to be highly judgmental and discriminatory against convicts...not that there's anything wrong with that lol

On a serious note though, every believer has a past and every sinner has a future. If Allaah the Almighty can Forgive them, why can't we? There's a difference between being naive and being forgiving...besides, there are no guarantees that the straight-edge guy you might marry as an alternative won't ever fall into a life of crime. At least the genuine, sincere ex-convict has already left that stage of his life...whereas the clean, law-abiding brother's curiosity might land him in trouble down the road...or jail.

Abti   

And by the way, why is everyone making it seem like only the guy is at risk of having a criminal past?! Wasn't there a Somali hijabi who was recently arrested in Minneapolis for being a leader of a prostitution ring lol...walle waa aakhiro samaan

Aaliyyah   

^Abti that was some crazy stuff subhanalah I was shocked when I heard those stories..scary!!!

Looooool, dee waa iska caadi, gabadhu hoosta uun bay ka ducaysanaysaa inuusan xabsi dambe gelin. Mida kale sow ma ogid in western countries in xabsi si easy ah lagu galo? For example, hadda anoo banaankayga iska maraya ahduu mid waalan isoo doonto ama i attack gareeyo anna aan sanbuuqada jebiyo isna inta uu dhulka isku tuuro Police u waco sow ma ogid in la iska kay xidhi karo? Not that I'm speaking from experience laakiin the stuff I put up with on a frequent bases, just so as not to go to prison.Maalin kasta miskiin baa iska dhigaa oo dad ba iskaga kay tunta si aan xabsi u gelin oo mustaqbalka gabadh fiican la'iisiiyo.

wana ku fahmay waxaad sameenasidna way wacantahay in yacni la iska indho tiro wixi edabdara kugu wada siiba haday afka uun tahay nin caytamay afkiisa ku yaala..laakin what kind of environment do you live in lool maybe its time you move to somewhere better just a thought :)

xabsi nin galayna hadhow excuse ma noqonaso someone annoyed or tempted me..wixi miyir qaba baa wax lugu darsada. Usually hadad qof xun la saaxibtay chances that things will go the wrong way is higher...

salaam