Sign in to follow this  
Bluelicious

Would you marry an ex-convict?

I don't understand why you girls are so harsh. A woman reaching her 30s should be lucky enough to take what she can get. They are actually doing her a favour. Have some heart and compassion.

Malika   

^Lol - femme- , when was age of the woman mentioned? [i must have missed that..lol] Anyway by the time a woman is in her 30's, she has grasped the reality of life and living, so am sure she will be well adviced ...well we hope.

Aaliyyah   

I personally would not..NOOOOO!..it is the same reason aan qof soo muslimay u guursaneen..waxa ka cabsanaya aroor intu so kaco kasoo muslimay in uu dhoho naa heedhe diintan ima anfacaso...samething waxa ka cabsanaya in uu maalin ku noqodo noloshiisa xumeed...inkasto dadku is badali karaan anigu i wouldnt take that risk. Yacni I dont mind being nice to him or even being a friend of his (islamically theres no such thing as guyys and girls being really friends but like being a good neighbor to him and not juding him or what not)..laakin runtii nolosha lama qeebsan laheen..sababto ah waxa layidhi the only favor ilmahaga u sameenasid wa malinta abahood dooranasid..abahoodna in uu noqda nin melahas balayo iyo sheydaan gadi jiray wa laga wacanyahay!..

and yes ilaahay wuu cafinaya wixi xun horay usoo sameesay laakin runtii aduunka in qofka la aamino ba iska yaraatay waaana kasii dhib badantahay when a guy says hey sis I used to be a drug dealer...waa wax aniga kolay naftayda aanan marnaba riska saas ah u galineen..waxaan odhanaya walaal inakala wadi ilaahaygi kuso hadeeyey baa mahad leh halka kasii wad but im out of that door ..sad i know and a lil bit heartless..bt i rather do that than wake up one day and find him dealing again.

salaam

Malika   

^ Your consumed with fear dear.! Life has no gurantees - you could marry the 'ideal man' and only for him to turn out to be your worst nightmare...What does one do - walk away and continue living - so it will be the same, if the convert turns back to his old religion or the convict goes back to his old way. Lol.

Aaliyyah   

Malika, it is not the same hun lol..bt if u think its the same I respect your opinion. Everyone sees things differently. But, it can never be the same mid waad eegtay si walba oo hadhow haduu xumaato waa qadar alle, laakin kan aad xumaanta horay usoo sameeyey markaas ayaaba aheed in aan cagahaga wax ka dayato lol.

salaam

Femme - Accepting such men in your life is a serious thing and it's not harsh if you do what's best for yourself and your own safety you don't know how this person is gonna turn out to be in the future. We were talking about all women in general of all ages no one mentioned a particular age or about only women reaching their 30s. No one should lower their standards because of age after all age is just a number.

Malika - Indeed women in their 30s and older have seen life and experienced enough to judge a situation very well. They know very well what to do and what to avoid and usually think with their head instead of the heart. When it comes to a revert and a ex convict the only thing they have in common is they can one day choose to go back to their old lifes and you never know when that is gonna happen or if it will happen no matter how well you know them.

Aaliyyah - It will always be a great risk when choosing such men and like you said the only favor your doing for your kids is the day you choose your future husband you don't want him to be a bad example for your future kids and have a bad record history that wouldn't set the example. Better safe then sorry.

Aaliyyah   

^Im glad you agree..bt I guess malika and co have a point. I just asked this question to my 18 years old sister and she was like wasnt cumar binu khadab someone who bacame muslim and changed..and that we have to give ppl a chance someone's past shouldnt define them..And, I think that is some powerful words to reflect upon..anuu kolay im too paranoid loool..tan kale it is easier said than done that you will not judge someone by their past. If we are put in that position only Allah swt knows how we will react..for now everyone can be hypothetical abt what they gonna do in that certain circumstance..

salaam

AYOUB   

NGONGE;752227 wrote:
^^ Arooska Abu Qori Al-Kanadi miyaanad ka qayb galin barigee aad Al Shabab taagiiri jirtay?
:D

Lol Oh he walked in to that. :)

Aaliyyah - If your in the situation it's different then when your viewing it from outside of the circle.

Som@li - So with you it would be forgive forget and accept if it was a minor thing?

Oz - I take that as a no.

A_Khadar   

This topic reminds me that political famous phrase from D. Ramefel..

Known thing that you know - X-confict and the unforgiving system

Known thing that you don't know - if he/she is going to commit again

Unknown thing that you know - never conficted but u don't know tomorrow

Unknow thing that you don't know - u know none.. waa kuwuu sheegay NG..

Besides, as many of you alluded already, it all depends however, to me I am behind the Ayah says, "Azaniyatu wazaniya..." X-confict for x-confit....

^^ Fair enough your entitled to your own opinion. When that politicus said those words he was totally right and you can even see it in practice. I think we all are afraid of the unknown and that's why we push it away and be cautious. We tend to not accept things out of our comfort zone.

“When you have come to the edge of all light that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly” - Patrick Overton

FatB   

x convits offten make the best muslims for to go so low in life to seeing fredom again those who have reformed and are given that second chance out preform us lazy non confict muslims who take life for granted..... you'd have to be strong willed and tough skinned sister to take on that challage tho