Sign in to follow this  
Dabrow

Kenya invades Somalia

Somalia   

STOIC;751869 wrote:
Heh....In all fairness Kenya has been patient with Somalia thugs.Like seasonal allergy the Al-shabab thugs has been attacking Kenyan borders since 2009..They have attacked kenya and jeopardized the country's economy.The principle rational for such actions against once territory and economy (tourism) is to sought a way to send a strong message by attacking and revoking article 51 of the UN charter...So y'all need to chill and let Kenya defend itself against terrorists.I'm not one for conspiracy theories...If Kenya was against Somali people they wouldn't have peacefully invited more than thousands and thousands of refugees in their big cities..Kenya called for order and respect for its territory, but the Alshabab didn't respect that so let Kenya build a buffer zone on its borders....Many African countries are embroiled in the day-to-day politics of Somalia so lets not isolate a neighbor who has been helpful.....

PS This has nothing to do with being born in kenya after all i have renounced my citizenship of that country!

A time will come when you will fear the Somali invasion again just as in the 1960s.

lol What attacks? AlShabaab was not behind the kidnappings. What other attacks happened in Kenya? Kenya should focus more on its upcoming election and its simmering ethnic feuds that haven't been resolved yet. That is the real security threat.

Abdul   

You can only blame somali people for this invasion for their failure to restore their state.Even kenya can go 100km deep inside somalia.And as usual,some guys here have started to play the qabil games.

STOIC   

Heh..Some of you want to roil things up for no reason.Step back and put your fickle patriotism guards down and try to question your inarticulate affection for Somalis when they are even wrong. Two women, working for the aid agency Doctors Without Borders were seized by gunmen that Kenya believe to be Al -Shabaab rebels.Now like any other country would have responded Kenya decided to send its brute forces strength to border towns to counter AL_SHEYTAN.There was also a recent kidnappings of a French and British national from coastal regions by Somali gunmen.If you are familiar with Kenyan economy,tourist is one of their steady dependable source of pride.This is a war of national interest and I'm not surprised the way Kenya reacted.This is NOT something Kenya pictorially choreographed and presented to you guys....clean your mess

STOIC;751869 wrote:
Heh....In all fairness Kenya has been patient with Somalia thugs.Like seasonal allergy the Al-shabab thugs has been attacking Kenyan borders since 2009..They have attacked kenya and jeopardized the country's economy.The principle rational for such actions against once territory and economy (tourism) is to sought a way to send a strong message by attacking and revoking article 51 of the UN charter...So y'all need to chill and let Kenya defend itself against terrorists.I'm not one for conspiracy theories...If Kenya was against Somali people they wouldn't have peacefully invited more than thousands and thousands of refugees in their big cities..Kenya called for order and respect for its territory, but the Alshabab didn't respect that so let Kenya build a buffer zone on its borders....Many African countries are embroiled in the day-to-day politics of Somalia so lets not isolate a neighbor who has been helpful.....

PS This has nothing to do with being born in kenya after all i have renounced my citizenship of that country!

Well said..

N.O.R.F   

Kenya is simply saying enough is enough. This can't be compared with the Ethio invasion (assuming I'm talking to reasonable people here).

N.O.R.F   

^Ethiopia was a proxy for the US. The UIC back then did not enter Ethiopia and kidnap people.

In Kenya its different. Someone is entering Kenya, kidnapping people and taking them back to Somalia. Its happened 3 times recently.

Aren't we talking about Sh. Hotel waving his gun and threatening to attack Addis ?? ,,,, Indhacadde declaring all-out war against Ethiopia ??? ,,, increased attacks in Ethiopia ??? ....

it is just the context that is different sxb ,,, Ethiopia did not have Dadaab-like camps and hundreds of Foreigners working there.