Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Sirta sariirta

Cawaale   

"..waxaana ninka waajib ku ah inuu dillaaciyo ama ballaariyo xuubkaasi kolka ugu horreysa ee uu dhalfada gelinayo cambarka.".

Wax waalan.

Anything written in Somali seems to sound more raw than in English maybe because we are used to receiving a humongous amount of information in English daily. A sex manual was always going to sound a bit icky but in Somali it's sure to be an unholy mess! But to be fair to the author, the extract Som@li posted shows that he at least attempted to write his material in a clinical, informative and digestible format.

Cawaale;751191 wrote:
How u been Val?

Alhamdulilaah, Cawaale. How are you keeping?

Som@li   

Valenteenah.;751279 wrote:
Anything written in Somali seems to sound more raw than in English maybe because we are used to receiving a humongous amount of information in English daily. A sex manual was always going to sound a bit icky but in Somali it's sure to be an unholy mess! But to be fair to the author, the extract
Som@li
posted shows that he at least attempted to write his material in a clinical, informative and digestible format.

Agree, I reckon he wrote for the Somali audience who don't play around before marriage, and this field would be very new to them. No wonder this book is a best sellers among Somalis, I first saw it in a book shop in Dubai, but didn't bother to look at it.

And yes the book written in Somali, we are not desensitized to some of the words.

Som@li   

Kool_Kat;751287 wrote:
Raaxada
sariirta, erm I mean, SIRTA sariirta ha la'isku sheego maaka dhacday?
:o

:D

MMA, enjoy bisha balabka :)