Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Awkward conversation with Ali Khalif Galaydh

Somalia   

Not too long ago, my friend and I are walking towards a station on our way home from college. We are standing outside this run down station in West London when my friend looks back and says 'OMG, you won't believe this, that's the former Prime Minister of Somalia'. I look over his shoulder and see this man

Galaydh1.jpg

I don't believe it at first because, what the hell is he doing outside this old station, all alone, standing there looking like a schemy politician as usual. He was wearing one of them old grey coats, a scarf around the neck and his hair turned quite gray, so it wasn't easy to recognize him.

Now, my friend asks me if we should go over to him, and I say lets do it. We go over and ask if it's him and he says yes, we shake hands and introduce ourselves.

The conversation is now about Somali youth and the importance of education. I'm not talking a lot and letting my friend talk. This is where the conversation takes an awkward road. They talk about Somalia and how we (the youth) should be the future of Somalia, it's "brain". My friend mentions that he himself was in Somalia for a few years and travelled around Galkacyo, Burtinle and Balibusle. The conversation dies down and the usual Somali way of attempting to extend the conversation happens "haa, aad iyo aad, waa sidhaasa". Mr Galaydh doesn't look like he wants to take the conversation further after the mentioning of the cities and is quite awkward and we hastily say goodbye. ;););)

Aaliyyah   

two random ppl just walk to him and start talking abt somali cities and usually that may lead to qabiil iyo waxkale.so he didnt really get into it....so i dnt see what is awkward abt it lol..what exactly did u want him to say?

salaam

Somalia   

No, we didn't talk qabiil, just mentioned the cities in Somalia he visited to show that he actually did, some small towns were mentioned that people don't usually know of. I read into his history and realised why he reacted that way, no influential person has ever reacted that, that I've interacted with.

Liibaan   

Somalia;750589 wrote:
Laascaanood is such an underdeveloped city. It's on par with Baidoa but at least the WFP, WHO and the UN know about that city...
:(

I am glad that Former Prime Minister of Somalia Prof. Ali Khalif ignored you and your friend, because you two were rude and disrespectful.

Anyways, It seems you and your friend have issues with SSC People, and Las Anod City.

Somalia   
Of course my friend was disrespectful, this is the man who got elected because he promised to return money he stole in the 1980s from a sugar factory project, a man with no principles just like his people who trade their dignity for a few dollars!

Liibaan   

Somalia;750612 wrote:
Of course my friend was disrespectful
, this is the man who got elected because he promised to return money he stole in the 1980s from a sugar factory project,
a man with no principles just like his people who trade their dignity for a few dollars!

You shouldn't insult SSC People, show some respect and maturity

Abdul   

Somalia;750609 wrote:
^^ Lol, I was thrown aback by it and realised what the hell just happened when my friend was grinning
:D

So you think he stopped talking because of your qabil?lool,the former prime miinster of somalia cares about a nobody like you?

Somalia   

Abdul;750615 wrote:
So you think he stopped talking because of your qabil?lool,the former prime miinster of somalia cares about a nobody like you?

Rub two brain cells together. Why does one quickly stop a conversation and not go anywhere?

nuune   

^^ Exactly JB, waaba uu ku faanayaa su'aalaan weydiiyey, that is all he is teling us waxaan la kulmey oon su'aala weydiiyey Siyaasi Soomaali ah.

Nin dhan bey rabaan iney waqtigiisa dhumiyaan markaasuu ku leeyahay wuxuu diidey inuu ka hadlo magaalooyinkan Galkacyo, Burtinle and Balibusle., maxaa laga hadli oo uu ka oran lahaa magaalooyinka, war anagaa wax aragney, waxan waalni ka badan walllaahi

Boy, take your beef and rants elsewhere, so far, the so called "brain" you talked about is not in there at all in you and your friend, just keep repeating oh my God, I met former Somali Prime Minister, seriously, do some Youth Work and stay in that closet!

Aaliyyah   

I was completely lost what this poster was talking about lol..but now everything adds up..yaab.Why werent u just direct with ur comments from the getgo ..

Liibaan lol dont waste your time with this poster!! and did u notice he joined july 2011? probably a new shaati buu sita lool :)

salaam

Shilling   

Kalaay Soomaalidu miyeey is indhotiraan mise anaa mooday... Khalif Galayr inuusan maqli karin dadka ka soo jeeda degaanada uu wiilku ka dhawajiyey waa wax laa hubo. Ninka meel baa bugtaa wana waxaa cidlada istajiyeey oo ku qasbay inu cagaha wax ka dayo markay dhagahisa ku dhaceen degaanada. Odayashu markay filka karaan cafis iyo dambi dhaaf baay umada waydiistaan asaguse wali waa soo indho cad yahay, walee waa wax lala yabo.