Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

When the Boss is a Woman

Abtigiis   

Juxa;750263 wrote:
I have got a mixure of female and male bosses, yacni meesha dhan waa wada boss, partner, supervisor ( waxa laga baqanayaa negligence claims). My lady boss waa mid qafiif qabta oo boqol iyo toban iyo afarta ku socota, having said that she understands deadlines and tries to get the job done. my male bosses, waa qosol iyo dont worry, last minute rush, dhidid iyo walal iyo yaa arkay yaa maqlay

so Ngonge, give me the crazy woman any time, give the sectioned one, give me tan rooxaanta qabta.

So, Juxa basically chided me last time as the lucky lazy because she has a competent female manager and therefore other female managers must be as competent as hers elsewhere. I know Juxa is a lawyer. Lawyers encounter numbers only when quoting articles or dates. :D So, it is perfectly normal if she doesn't understand statistics, particularly the concept of 'statistical significiance'. How significant and conclusive is one case? :D

And as if scoffing at Juxa, the HQ finally decided the woman I was complaining about is given forced leave and is likely to be replaced. Don't I deserve an apology from the otherwise likeable Juxa then? :D Will she have the strength of character to swallow pride and send me a note on this. Fingers crossed!

The Zack   

^:D

It looks like majority of the men, Aaliyah, Malika and some newbies believe that this will be no cool at all LOL. Juxa and co agree that women are much more by the book than their counterparts. Che and Chocolate think I am a sexist. JB is just saqajaan la kor dhabay and FB seems to hit on his boss ladies LOL. Here is the thing, I am not so much worried about the strictness of rules or any thing like that, it is more of knowing that I will be subordinate to my opposite sex for the first time LOL. NGONGE and AT&T do understand where I am coming from.. It is tough man, I am telling ya! Nuune tries to ignore the whole "boss lady" thing because he can't believe it at all, waa dadkii hore duqa.

Mustafe   

Zac,

Sxb, since she is not in the same state as you, you might be in luck if you do all you're expected of; but if somehow she ends up workin in the same building as you waxad yeeshaa sida soo socota:

- laba rakcadood oo istikhaaro ah tuko in uu qoftaas qof fiican oo caqli u saaxib ah ilaahay ka dhigo

- always be prepared to adopt to her ever changing moods, and be atleast one step ahead of her at all times

- be a yes man, majaajilada iyo camiraadana badi, wax kasta oo ay sheegtana - absolutely iyo nacam waxaan aheyn haku jawaabin-that way she will develop a softer side for you

- try and confuse her at all times; haddaad aragtid iyadoo wejigeeda xanaaq ka muuqdo oo kugu soo socota, oo ay, why isn't such and such thing complete ku dhahdo topic kale u saar, never take her on directly hadii kale way ku boobsiinaysaa sida bariiska

- finally, and this is very important;- hadii qof ama group ay necebtahay for whatever reason ay meesha idinkala shaqeeyaan la xamo ama la cay, whether she is in the right or not. Maxaa adiga dadka kale kaa galay, nin fariid ah oo shaqadiisa ilaashada noqo weligaa lol.

Good luck sxb, wabilaahi tawfiiq.

The Zack   

^Loooooooool and Loooooooool rageedii great advice there. Quick question, so the mood changes huh? Is there a reason for that?

Most woman who are given an executive position, tend to abuse their authority. Personally, I wouldn't work under a female boss. But, there are those, women that are a blessing to work under it. I mean, the Prophet's wife Khadija was his BOSS and look where it got him. lol He was 'happily married until her death'.

Aaliyyah   

^Khadija wasnt the prophet's boss as you put it he consulted her rather and respected her advices...In marriage you dnt need a boss but rather two people who equally respect one another's view and who dont mind being corrected like certain people even if they know they are wrong they will find anything and everything to come across right ..anyways dnt let me hijack zack's post loool..

salaam

Aaliyyah   

I was referring to their marriage. You are right he did the tijaara for her prior to their marriage. But, then why did you mention their marriage as if it thrived due to the fact that she was his boss?? when rather it was because she was always there for him and he even said that to aisha radiyalaahu canhaa..one day when she heard him mention khadija may allah swt be please with her she was jealous and she was like u mention her all the time or something along the lines and he told her how she was always there supporting him when no one else was there for him so i think that was the main reason why he loved her her supportive nature.

salaam

I mentioned the marriage part, after mentioning how the Prophet worked for Khadija, before his Prophethood. Where I was going with it was, to show the positive and negative sides of working under a female boss. Positively, the outcome might turn out really good, where a man ends up marrying his female boss, like the Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Negatively, things hit the drainage in the most dirtiest, devilish way possible, under a female boss.

Malika   

This thread gets better and better by the day!

Here to women folk! finally men are quivering in their boots - oh God what a grand feeling!!..Loool

Zack, Mustafe's advice sounded like your going to be those what Malcom X called - yard black men or was it house boys?..When asked to jump they asked how high sir! ..lol. War just be yourself, do your job and stop acting as if your about to enter slavery. bisinka!

Lol.. am still laughing at Mustafe's advice - is sure sounded like the dude has experienced oppression of some sort...

The Zack   

Malika;750683 wrote:

Zack, Mustafe's advice sounded like your going to be those what Malcom X called - yard black men or was it house boys?..When asked to jump they asked how high sir! ..lol. War just be yourself, do your job and stop acting as if your about to enter slavery. bisinka!

Lol.. am still laughing at Mustafe's advice - is sure sounded like the dude has experienced oppression of some sort...

Malika I know right!!! He was like when she looks at you look at the another direction because you never know what mood she might be in at that exact moment LOL. He made them like my 3 year old nephew who for some unknown reasons gets mad when he wishes.

The Zack   

^Qashiin fooqul qashiin, qashiinimada meesha kala bax. And please think of your lovely mom and sisters when you are bad-mouthing women in general. They bleed twice kulahaa.. yaa u sheega if it wasn't that "bleeding", your sorry *** wouldn't have been brought to this world.

I never saw a Somali female boss, nor have I ever heard of one. With that in mind, there is really nothing to "quiver" about, especially knowing that, this entire thread wasn't really intended for our Somali females, per se.