Sign in to follow this  
Prometheus

Anwar Al-Awlaki, Al-Qaida Cleric, killed by US

chubacka;749254 wrote:
I used to love Anwar Al-Awlaki back in the day, Allah knows best what is true and what is false but we know this much, this man was knowlegable about the deen, he spread what knowledge he had far and wide and he had an obvious love for Allah and His religion.

May Allah forgive him his sins and grant him a high place in jannah. I was shocked when I heard this on Friday.

I feel the same way about him. This is the man who made me fall in love with siirada nabiyada; he was so eloquent, knowledgeable and full of passion. I haven't heard him preach any hate or terrorism so I can't judge him. Whatever he was he is now reaping what he sow: good or bad.

“If you're not careful, the newspapers (media) will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”

― Malcolm X

uchi   

Apparently they had no evidence that he was a terrorist other than giving lectures to many of the terrorist known to the US, but directly no evidence he was ever involved. Obama is out of touch with the people that voted for him, it's sad really, no matter who is president in the white house, they ultimately turn over backward to the lobbyist.

We sure are in tough times people, it's now or never...we need to put aside our differences and work for a peaceful Somalia, we need to get rid of Al-Shabab on our own, everyone call up your cousins, we need to starve them out, like our children are starving.

One Lebanese-American breathes a sigh of relief. Money quote:

Awlaki was a malignant cancer on the reputation of Arab- and Muslim-Americans. He was also frequently cited by those who would stigmatize these communities as a potentially dangerous fifth column requiring discriminatory special treatment from the government. The bottom line is that Awlaki preached that all Americans, of whatever origin, were fair game and should be killed at every possible opportunity. That, of course, includes Arab- and Muslim-Americans. So Awlaki not only threatened the reputation of these communities, but also potentially their members as well. This man wanted us all dead, so eliminating him was, quintessentially, an act of self-defense.

Courtesy Dish.

Abdul   

Sharma-arke-Given that Al-Awlaki was a sheikh with great knowledge of the deen,how can you reconcile that with the fact that he sent a guy strapped with bomb to his underwear to blow a jetliner with over 300 passengers including little children?Is it okay to kill innocent people?

Ibtisam   

Dont know what he has become, but I really enjoyed his talks back in the day 1998-2002, he also modernised shikh approaches to dawa, this man's blog was one of the most interest and thought provoking, he took religion out into social networking/blogging, he questioned everything and debated with everyone- he made it cool to seek your own path rather than blindly following a shikh, asking your own questions and he was approachable, accessible (you could comment on any of his articles and he would answer) and not a snob like some shikh's who the more knowldgeable they become you can only find them sitting in the mosque with their fans or standing on stage.

I hear he is alive after all, nevertheless he will get what he deserves, bad or good. All yarxum.