Sign in to follow this  
Sultan Dheere

Questioning my fatith

Sultan, well basically, 90% of religion believers are like u, even though in public some might act differently. Usually, religion flag waivers are fakers in sort of agenda related ways which has nothing to do with faith.

For me, many years, i lived in societies where i was the only african or muslim. Since this was my younger years, i use to even forget how to speak the somali lingo! Some how, i never lost faith or my culture. Everytime that i met somalis, buried memories would get restored in my brain. Some one will play a somali song or remain me of holly days, then i would talk to my somali friends about it.

Doubting is a mode of inquiring, therefore, discussing it with some close to you is a good way of digging deep into thoughts that challenge you sometimes. The more discussions about the brighter the light at end of the tunnel.

I love islam since its a religion that preaches peace n love, event though, in the light of these days, u might think that its the opposite, since many rogue islam fackers and haters have been spreading false informations about islam. I have also done alot of research, i.e, like reading Al Ashar university publications, which u can find it here in the link below:

http://www.islamfortoday.com/alazhar.htm

TheBlues   

We all suffer from this or once did. Not many of us are brave enough to admit that this is a problem and speak out.

Waswaas is a kind a sickness, may Allaah keep us and you safe from it. It is caused by the shaytaan gaining control over a person and filling him with anxiety, grief, distress and worry.

Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you”

[al-Baqarah 2:185]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the glad tidings that you will be rewarded.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (39).

Simply seek knowledge that is the only way that you can get some answers and also keep company with people that you will benefit from.

N.O.R.F   

Sultan Dheere;748871 wrote:
It feels like I couldn't be bothered. Another thing is I question certain things in Islam and then immediately afterwards I question my status as a Muslim because I questioned certain elemens of Islam. It messed with my head. Things that a Muslim would never question amongst other Muslims due to fear of backlash.

Nothing wrong with having questions. Just don't let them linger (seek answers).

Rudy, thats your first serious post in years. Nice one :D

Sultaanoow, you should post your queries on this forum. Many faith-heads have cautioned against, with sheepish fear, listening to the whispers of Satan. Their pious refrain—that inquisitive minds suffer from spiritual maladies— will at once sound familiar and tedious . Others have insinuated, a touch condescendingly, that your questions stem from abject ignorance— if only you had adequate knowledge, your simple questions would soon disappear. Still others have piously counseled you to search for an oracle Imam who ostensibly knows the answers to all your questions. If all else fails, "the trick is to keep praying." Why— a trick indeed. The distinct possibility that there are no answers to be had is never considered. Walaal, I think you should pose your questions and ignore the flurry of facile responses you have elicited thus far. Allaa Macakum.

ailamos   

*Blessed;748794 wrote:
I know what you mean about Somalis, most tend to push people farther away from the deen rather than help them understand.

Over the years, there have been a few things that I couldn't get my head around, but I dug and dug and asked, asked and asked and Alhamdulilah Allah has opened many doors for me. Islam is not a religion which seeks blind followers, Allah implores us to seek, find and question and to also reflect and believe with certainty. Make a note of the aspects of Islam which confuse you and research on them, read and ask people of knowledge, even scholars are easy to contact these days. I would suggest that you start with the notion of tawheed, Islamic monotheism - Bilal Phillips The Fundamentals of Islamic Monotheism.

Chocolate and Honey;748852 wrote:
It is ok to question as long as you are seeking. It happens to a lot of us, doubting I mean. It seems to me that you are sort of ignorant about the reasons for the rituals and without a solid reason and belief, the rituals such as prayers and charity are meaningless. I would reccomend you to talk to your local Imam, preferably not Somali. State your concerns and conflicts with the religion and listen to what he says with an open mind. Read, research and research some more. This is the true religion, the real raw deal.

Sultan, those are the best two pieces of advice you can get in this forum regarding this matter. Faith is like love, you can be sent to all the dugsis and your parents can tell you to pray all they want, but if your heart is not in the right place then all that is futile. Let me share with you one of my favorite verses from the Qur'an, hopefully it will somewhat clear the matter for you:

Al Baqarah (2:286)

2_286.png

Translation:

"God does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity. It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned. "Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so help us against those who stand against faith."

''Qofkii raaca wadoisagoo raadinayo cilmi (diineed) Alle wuxuu usahlaa wadada janada'' .

xadithka nabiga

balanta Allana waa xaq hadan nahay kuwa daacad ah . dhabna naga tahay raadinta cilmiga .

Som@li;749143 wrote:
What the things you question, we may help find answers, and it is ok to question as long as you seek knowledge.

Thre are many religious on this world and all claiming , believing to be right, but Islam is the one, and anyone can say his religious is the one, but one has to back with evidences.

Most of the people are sheep, and without a question follow what their parents/communities followed, whether it is Islam, Christian, Hundus, Budhist etc

Seek knowledge, and you will find the answers to make you peace.

I'll give you an example., Things like stoning, lashings, chopping of hands, public executions etc. make me uncomfortable. I sort of try to rationalise it in my mind that this is not something I can agree with. But I feel I am going against the will of God. I dont know. I believe everyone deserves "due process of law" and without public humiliation. Maybe this is the result of 20 odd years of utter liberal propaganda that have been hammered into me since childhood.

Other things I have questioned in Islam is things like inheritance jurisprudence and the distribution of wealth, how assets should be divided up between sons & daughters. I find myself disagreeing with it. :/

I can name other things.

*Blessed;749113 wrote:
Hey, have a look at this. I know that you said that you still have faith in God but I think the struggle he went through might be of interest to you..

Thanks for this. I've watched this guy before. Although he went much further away from diinta I can still somewhat relate to this.

rudy-Diiriye;749160 wrote:
Sultan, well basically, 90% of religion believers are like u, even though in public some might act differently. Usually, religion flag waivers are fakers in sort of agenda related ways which has nothing to do with faith.

For me, many years, i lived in societies where i was the only african or muslim. Since this was my younger years, i use to even forget how to speak the somali lingo! Some how, i never lost faith or my culture. Everytime that i met somalis, buried memories would get restored in my brain. Some one will play a somali song or remain me of holly days, then i would talk to my somali friends about it.

Doubting is a mode of inquiring, therefore, discussing it with some close to you is a good way of digging deep into thoughts that challenge you sometimes. The more discussions about the brighter the light at end of the tunnel.

I love islam since its a religion that preaches peace n love, event though, in the light of these days, u might think that its the opposite, since many rogue islam fackers and haters have been spreading false informations about islam. I have also done alot of research, i.e, like reading Al Ashar university publications, which u can find it here in the link below:

Im with you on that. Problem is that topics like these are a massive taboo in our communities. If someone hears that you have doubted your faith, you will get vilified with no mercy. But I shall keep asking questions, and keep doing research to educate myself more, and hopefully my Imaan will go up in the process.

Thanks to everyone else who has answered. I had to get this off my chest and Im glad that Im not the only one who has gone through this.

I once met a Somali guy who openly admitted he was Agnostic. He was still a cultured guy, he chewed occasionally and listened to Somali songs. The only difference between him and Odey Xassan down the road is that this guy diinta bu ka tagey. I wanted to ask many questions about why and how he left Islam, but I felt it was too rude.

would it be too hard to just focus on being a decent and moral human being?

2:62 (Asad) VERILY, those who have attained to faith [in this divine writ], as well as those who follow the Jewish faith, and the christians, and the Sabians [49] -all who believe in God and the Last Day and do righteous deeds!-shall have their reward with their Sustainer; and no fear need they have, and neither shall they grieve. [50] -

N.O.R.F   

^that’s all good and dandy but surely it would be better to seek answers as well.

Sultan, what you mentioned there is something many question (especially those brought up in liberal societies). Without being an expert it is quite clear those punishments act as deterrents. But do they work? Crime in western countries compared to crime in Muslim countries (even with little data from the latter) suggests it does. So what now? Will you change and no longer see it as too harsher punishment for the criminal but rather see it as a crime being prevented (due to those punishments acting as deterrents)?

Well dear i love to ask people well i must say silly question about Islam but i feel better then those who feel shame on asking small question in Islam doing small mistake and doing it again and again and not asking other that other will make fun of us.

ailamos   

N.O.R.F;749559 wrote:
But do they work? Crime in western countries compared to crime in Muslim countries (even with little data from the latter) suggests it does.

Norf, there you go again throwing around baseless factoids. A criminal who is intent on committing a crime will do so because the hope that s/he will get away with it will always overcome the fear of of getting caught. And when you say "Western countries", which ones do you mean? Please be specific because there are many "Western countries" out there and not all are the same. The prevalence of crime in NYC is not the same as in Calgary, Santiago or Budapest. Similarly when you say "Muslim countries", could you be more specific because I am sure that the prevalence of crime in Karachi is not the same as in Doha.