Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Fake Somali nationalists, please shut up

N.O.R.F   

Fake Somali nationalists, please shut up

What a heartening piece of news that the one coming from Hargeisa today. Somaliland people collected seven hundred thousand dollars for their famine stricken brothers in Somalia to be delivered in part by the great Hadraawi. Friends in need are friends indeed and as a native of South Somalia, I would like to commend Somaliland people infinite generosity.

In fact, I am not surprised at all by this act at all. I knew all along that while some claim to be Somali unionists, blue flag worshippers and all Somali loving, Somaliland walk the walk. From the outset of Mogadishu civil war, Somaliland welcomed refugees fleeing the South when Puntland was busy deporting them. When Somali expatriates were deported by Saudi Arabia in 2006, they were subjected to a shameful triage inside the airport of Galkacayo: those hailing from Puntland were allowed in while others were refused entry. And guess what? They were granted entry in Somaliland. And today, when Somaliland delegation is coming with love and aid, Puntland Farole is arriving to give a speech to berate Mogadishu about how awful the capital is looking.

Tribal minded websites like wardheernews and the Puntland media will always present Somaliland as Somali haters gleefully enjoying Mogadishu demise. They will play up and distort Adan Siro talk but completely ignore Somaliland people magnificent gesture. Southerners like Yusuf Garaad will scramble to convey negative news about Somaliland while ignoring the fact that his own mother live peacefully in Hargeisa. Clannish media will invent stories about ethnic cleaning in Hargeisa while ignoring the fact that Southerners own sizeable businesses in Somaliland. Publicity seeking and has been singer Saado Cali will get dressed hypocritically in blue and rant about Somali unity in front of destitute refugees wondering why this lady was coming empty handed to Dadaab.

To my Somaliland brothers, ten thousand times thank you. South Somali know where their true friends are. Where they are allowed in, allowed to raise their kids, safeguard their elders and grow their business. For all these hypocrite flag waving, fake Somali nationalists, please shut [up].

http://somalilandpress.com/op-edfake-somali-nationalists-please-shut-up-23880

A_Khadar   

I wanted to read the whole piece but stopped when it said, Hargaise welcome the south somalis..eeeerrr.. then again, the source is somalilandpress.com again eeeeeeeeeeerrrr... JB and Mr. XX uun baa igu soo dhacay..

I have a feeling the person who wrote this article is SOL member, may be Norf himself. It should have stayed in Somalilandpress where it is enjoying racist love affair with the commentary section.

A secessionists calling others fake nationalist, how rich.

loool@Abgatiis

Peace Action...I don't think Norf would hide behind a pen name.

I think it's NGONGE's dampening his writing skills:-) come out old man..lool

Jacpher   

Considering the fact there is no country named Somaliland or South Somalia on the world map, I am confused as what the author is trying to get across? Somali people in the north love and share the suffering of their brothers in South?

STOIC   

All somalis opinions and news are fake.We thrive on propaganda and live for the next fake news to support our ego.The moral dissolution of our people is coterminous with what we witness on our daily clan based leaning websites. I for one reads Haadhwanag news daily knowing well that the story is one-sided (and rightly so if it is within the boundaries of Somaliland politics). We just have to be exceedingly conscious not to fall into the trap of Somali opinions of deceit and disinformation......

Liqaye   

I agree with the gist of this article, how ever wrong its premise might be, Southern Somalis receive succor and support in Hargeisa, whilst the shameful actions of others are there for all to see, that is why I personally do not understand the hyper emotionalism of some on the issue of somaliland, Somalia is one but for the moment this b.s argumentation in the intreasts of some does not rock my boat.

Only would like to clarify that very very few southerners are in the waagacusub camp so that particular tarring is too wide.

Showqi   

STOIC;748677 wrote:
All somalis opinions and news are fake.We thrive on propaganda and live for the next fake news to support our ego.The moral dissolution of our people is coterminous with what we witness on our daily clan based leaning websites.

Well said brother STOIC.

Somalia   

Puntland houses 140.000 IDPs while Somaliland houses 40.000.

Funny how you welcome rich Southerners to Somaliland but reject the poor.