Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Jasmine's wedding

Aaliyyah   

^you are right that they dnt care too muchh about mixing, but then again islamically mixing is fine as long a you follow certain islamic guidelines. Everyone in the video seemed to be dressed decently...somalis usually encourage separate weddings so they can take off teh hijaab and dress up (the sad thing being that the wedding will be video taped and usually is video taped by a man lol..one thing I never understood)...with that been said, somalis back home are also like that like i never been back but two of my cousins who were born and raised in saudi arabia were taken back to our grandmother (their grandma and my grandma's sister that is)..and the granny said to the her son (that is my uncle) gabadhahan is uruurinaya ee dadka iska soocaya mesha ka keentay ku celi, given that they were raised to saudi arabia they just didn't wanna mix freely with the guys and clearly our ayeeyo was unhappy with that lool dhaqankeeda ma aheen...imagine that?! LMAO..

salaam

Jamelaa   

Yeah, I find it is more the Arab culture that is so uptight about mixing and some Somalis have adopted that behaviour which is not really part of our daqaan and LOL funny story

Aaliyyah   

yeah hun it is not part of our dhaqan, laakin diinta bay ku saleesantahay to not mix freely with men. Laakin I guess back home even thou they mix still xishood ba jira iyo certain limitations unlike how things are in the west :)

salaam

p.s glad u liked the story i thought it was funny too..and anyhow im like my saudi cousins I guess when i go back home my ayeeyo is gonna be annoyed :P..

Aaliyyah   

I was actually referring to my grandmother’s sister who I consider to be my granadmother who lives back home…bt both of my grandmothers (that’s my mom and dad’s moms) are both alive and I have been fortunate to meet them..however I wasn’t as fortunate to see my grandfathers may allah swt have mercy on their souls.I wish I met them even once *tears..bt alhamdulilah I do have awoowoyin (that is their brothers are still alive..some I met..and some I should meeet inshallah)..

salaam

BoldNewSomali;751351 wrote:
Hoorta the thing I dont get about Somali weddings is the fact that they cost $30,000 or more and then the Bride and Groom move into a 1 bedroom low income apartment in the hood!

Thats smart move if you ask me. If i spent 30k on anything,i would want to spend less on every thing else. L0L. Thats smart move...