Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Why Women should be banned from Management/Leadership positions

Blessed   

Tut, tut@ Abtigiis. Look at you getting the little boys excited with your angry man biology / fiqh. In lagu dhibo waad istaahishaa!

Narniah;748706 wrote:
I can't believe I just read that pathetic piece of sexist crap!

tell me about it. :mad: it takes a special kind of person to take the actions of some and apply it to an entire group... this is not at all different from the "all muslims are terrorists" mentality.

Manahel.fatima;748196 wrote:
Well i am a women also but i think women are weak mentally as well as physically but not all of them are. around 30 % women are so confident and mature that can easily took part in managerial departments easily.

30% is surely too high.

Abtigiis   

Prometheus;748422 wrote:
Abtigiis, sxb, over the years, I, too, had to endure my share of shrewish professors and singularly unimpressive female managers and bureaucrats. I oddly, and probably wrongly, remember more wicked and witless women than I do men. But as I used to constantly remind (and console) myself, "the plural of anecdote is not evidence." Male bitc**es exist as well. Also, I think it's prudent to say that in certain circumstances one should deal with women in a different manner. Owing to differences in psychology, one is required to painstakingly fine-tune one's responses. The old proponents of behaviorism, who erroneously asserted that men and women are "only different from the neck down", got it fantastically wrong; females differ from males from the neck up as well. The innatists' insistence-- that nature be given its proper place alongside nurture-- has been vindicated . Now, I understand some may be wary and weary of saying this because lesser minds will start sniffing whiffs of sexism as soon as so banal a fact is declared: there are innate gender-differences not only in anatomy but in behavior. Here, one is obliged to belabor the obvious. Behaviorally, mothers aren't like fathers, sisters aren't like brothers, and boys aren't like girls. Not all stereotypes are unfounded and fatuous. While social conditioning is an important variable, it is scarcely everything. To wish away biology is a fool's errand. (To insufferable feminists: Difference need not mean deficience.)

Of course, Abtigiis could have articulated all this without employing provocative and colorful language. But that would be boringly disinterested. It seems that he has decided that a tinge of controversy serves him better in soliciting advice. I think this invites only screeches and screams, and disapproving scowls from us hoary liberals.

Blessed,

The most knowledgeable person in SOL has spoken and it is as if he was in my stomach as the somali parlance goes. What he said is pure cilmi and we need to learn from it. I could perhaps have posed the same question without dramatising and deoderising it with some hot sensual stuff, but the fundamental issue remains that women differ from men from the "neck up as well" as Prometheus said. Perhaps it took me some time to realise this. In my firm belief of the equality of men and women, I have allowed myself to think they do all functions in the same way, including running an office. Until my recent experience, I would never have believed there is such contrast in style of leadership and management. Now, I realize it is not fair to generalize about women being always bad managers, on the basis of this sole experience. I am sure there are good ones, but I believe they are the exception rather than the majority. I need another experience to change this perception.

Also, my predicament might not actually be as serious as I portrayed here in reality. I don't forsee big problems working with these women, but it needs lots of patience and care, something I am abunduntly endowed with contrary to what you may think.

Cid i dhibtay ma jirto, it is only Faarax-Brawn, my cousin, who in his fondness of pleasing SOL women chose to drag me in the mud. :D Again,we all know my cousin's social and political conciousness is superior only to that of Rudy-Diiriye. :D Otherwise, he would never have assumed people are who they are in the internet forums. What is the point of being on forums if you are going to be yourself? Is it not the thrill of anonimity, the freedom of saying what you wouldn't necessarily say in the open, that is the most appealing part of our engagement in this forums? Of course, not if you are here for hunting like Faarax. In that case, you need a mask. :D

As to the young fillies chanting 'sexist' and other jargons they imbibed by default but whose definition I doubt they really grasped, tooth for a tooth: ultra-Feminist! I forgive them, besides too young, they take their education from Gender forums and TV dramas.

Could leadership style be more reflective of personality than gender? I ask because all my managers have been women. Some were great, some were OK and some were horrendous. What determines a good manager or leader is most likely characteristics such as intuitiveness, integrity, fairness, capability, decisiveness and motivational skill. Are any of these attributes gender-specific?

Didn't want to get involved in another battle of the sexes but your last post did it. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Abtigiis   

If we admit men and women are different and therefore have different comparative advantages in different roles, why couldn't it follow that perhaps, women's comparative advantage doesn't lie in management. Must I quote a research report done after interviewing few hundreds by a famous US-based research organisations to sell this? I know we are brainwashed to accpet branded researchs more than our own daily experiences and that of our peers. Or should we tell our different experiences with men and women managers to each other so that we can learn from one another. That I believed women are not good managers when I started this thread doesn't mean I should leave it with that belief when the thread is ended.

Also, Val, having been always supervised by women, perhaps you need to see the men management as well to do a genuine comparison.

I believe men and women differ in what they put emphasis on and what they prioritize. It is the common thing we see at our homes. Perhaps women's priorities are better than that of men. But I noticed that professional women I dealt with seem a bit too defensive, touchy, fixated with small details that doesn't really contribute to the big issues (in terms of what you want to achive) and tend to micro-managae people. These are what I want to check if others have experienced too.

That doesn't make sense. Yes, gender-specific (for the purpose of this thread) comparative advantages can and do feed into all aspects and stages of professional and personal lives. But how can a whole gender not have a comparative advantage in management? It's too broad, too general a statement.

If we look at one type of comparative advantage that can be attributed to women, say good people skills, could this not actually help women become better managers, as relationship management and the ability to organise people play big roles in good leadership? And even if we say women are better at this, does that consequently mean men are therefore bad at people management? It's a stubidh extrapolation.

Gender doesn't determine whether or not you are or can become a good manager. Your personality, knowledge, skills and the necessary tools and techniques are what mainly determine success in a role. If your female manager is terrible, maybe she should be sent for leadership/management training to improve her skills rather than used as an example to prove that women suck at leadership positions.

Aah...past my bedtime.

Abtigiis   

It is never hard to convince me; as Che noted, I am fickle. But I need more accounts from more people.

Actually, I had a second thought about this whole rant. It isn't necessarily bad to have a disorganised and incompetent manager. If you are not performing they can't tell. And you can put on a show and make them feel you are busy without actually showing anything by way deliverables. The BAD thing is they also do not know when you are working and producing results. And precisely because of this fact, you get demotivated. Anyway, I see a blessing in disguise in this debacle. Maybe, it is time to play the man behind the throne, as the weak one's depend too much of your advice. Maybe, it isn't so bad afterall.

Abtiigis, I have a white woman boss. i'm clearly far more competent than her. she steals all my ideas and presents them as hers. its annoying and frustrating. I massage her ego and we've never had problems. controls your emotions and get a grip sxbka.

Abtigiis   

Alpha, In my case, I came to an offic where the cultur of sycophancy has developed thick roots. You se people giggling and laughing falsely for weird ideas and decisions. I started pushing back early on, but now I knew I should fall in line or just leave the place. I can't leave before March next year. So, I decided to shut up and do as directed. There is a talk of change in December. If it doesn't happen, next year I will be writing to you from Kazakhistan or Peru. Afarta dacal ee aduunkaan u arsaaq doonan doonaa insha allah.

NGONGE   

Anigu tima jilic ayaan la shaqeeya, talow iyaaga naa 'ban from leadership positions' ma idhaahda? :D

(and yes, cunsuri baan ahay).

uchi   

It amazes me that this fool is still allowed to spout so much filth continuously throughout this forum. Are there no admins around?

Abtigiis   

Uche,

You can't ask for the rule to be enforced while also breaking it at the same time. You have the right to call what I say in this forum 'a filth', but you have no right to call me a fool. Not that I am not a fool, that is what the admin rules say.

Also, even fools have opinions, why don't you you mak your points including highlighting the foolishness of the posts of the fools.

And if you are so serious about the rule, why don't you protest in a procedural way? You know there are ways of doing that. And if the admin doesn't agree with your assessment of my posts, isn't it wise to live with it or to quit the forum, because there is no point in being a member of the forum of fools and protectors of fools.

Just a suggestion so that you don't die of bile.