Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Why Women should be banned from Management/Leadership positions

We all know that men are superior, intelligent, powerful, reasonable beings; look how peaceful, wonderful, smoothly run and habitable the world they run is!! You arent convinced yet? Look at this thread; ah, the level-headed, well reasoned arguments devoid of "emotions" and "overreactions." Yaa salaam. Live long the superior sex!

Abtigiis   

At least just got a long apology by phone, and the funny thing is not a direct one. Why do they have to ask me about my kids, my welfare, and my mood when all they need is to say "sorry M. what we asked you was bull.shit.": :D :D

Anyway, Ngonge, horta you got wrong there. I believe it is the absence of swagger on my part that is exasperating the problem. serious.

I have to change my work-like mood and ask them how they slept last night and if they can go for dinner with me. Meelahaas baan ka daadinayaa baryhan. It is something you wouldn't associate with me, but my friends actually said that I am too distracted in the office because I am not paying attention to the mothers around.

NG, the problem is the youngest is a lactating Italian. :D Ma waayeelkaan ku bilaabaa dee? :D

On the positive side, the biggest beneficairy of this is my wife, whom I aksing for a dinner outing right away. Runtii, everytime they upset me at office, I reflect on the poor one who doesn't do anything like that at home and think she deserves reward by way of a relaxing outing. :D

Waan baxaye, waa inoo hadhow.

Islaantaa i iloowsiin hadaba uurkutaalada'e

Hadii aana ilhaan eegahayn waan asqaysnahaye :D :D

Juxa   

Taloow yaa assess gareeyay Abtigiis, mise aheyd in an office enviroment? during working hours? siduu ku helay shaqada? ma jug baa lagu geeyay mise laaluush baala baxshay? imtixaan ma u fariiistay? natiijadu maxay aheyd?

Maybe just maybe he got lucky, Mary dhabarkaa xanuunayay, Angelina dhaqtarkey jirtey and Liljana was helping her IDI.OT husband settle in new country.

We women maybe one of many things, at times even mad, but incompetent bluhhhhhh baa ku iri

PS: Abtigiis ilaah waxaan kaaga baryaa inuu jidka wanaagsan kutuso and you use your talents inaad wax wanaagsan ka hadasho oo la soo shirtagto as waxyaabaha qaarkood border plain faaxisho. intaasna waa iga waano

Showqi   

Anigu waxaanba la yaabanahay ummaddan ku doodeysa This world is run by men iyo kuwa ku murmaya maya maya it's the women who is in charge. Alla miyaanay ogeyn in bidixdu aanay midigta ka maarmin. Hees Soomaali ah ayaa odhanaysay: "Bidixduba maciin ma leh haday midigtu maqantahay waa laba mataanoo howsha maamulaaye"

nuune   

Ar Abtigiis dharbaaxsho aan caadi aheyn baa ku dhacdey, ar Juxa maxey ninka saas dhulka ugu jiidey, Innaa Lillaahi, uma maleenayo inuu ka soo kabsami doono haraatidaas kulul ee lagu soo gamey, haduu ka soo kabtana waa mar uu laangare noqdey smileys.gif

Anyone who works with you deserves to treat you as such. Man,Woman or H/dite.... If your SOL personality mirrors your true life, then i say mac sokor..So far, in your post,you come accross as a rude- opprobrious and sardonic,know it all-high and mighty son of a gun. :)

If i was your boss, i wouldve fired you a long time ago :)

Abtigiis   

Juxa, all that conjecture is unnecessary. meeshi waan jooga daaqad gasoo galay ama albaabe, laakin kuwan haweenka ah inay maamul xun yihiin ma su'aal baa ka taagan.

Nuune, war kor u bax xaaji meesha dhib nama dhaxyaal aniyo Juxa'e. Ninkani waa damiin oo isagaa shaqo qaban la' haday tidhi ma waxbay dhintay? :D :D

Alas, I expected old-fashioned misogyny, of this sort, to emanate from the minds of our resident Imams and holy men, namely, the venerable xiinfaniin and Nur—not Abtigiis. Was I deluded to surmise that SOL's favorite philanderer was an egalitarian individual, a male feminist, a champion of gender equality? Should I be incredulous? Perhaps I am just being a humorless curmudgeon.

In any event, I suspect our favorite gadfly is, at heart, more progressive and liberal than he lets on. His latest howler about the inherent inadequacies of women as it pertains to matters of leadership is, one hopes, an unfortunate byproduct of his resentment of, and frustration with, an inept and domineering manager who merely happens to be a woman.

In fairness, Abtigiis' blog post is not without comedic value: to observe a man of free spirits ape the traditional values of benighted conservatives is an uproarious stunt.

Abtigiis   

Prometheus;748360 wrote:
His latest howler about the inherent inadequacies of women as it pertains to matters of leadership is, one hopes, an unfortunate byproduct of his resentment of, and frustration with, an inept and domineering manager who merely happens to be a woman.

Infact, not only my frustruation but that of an entire office if you want the truth.The one's who cry hard are women. And it is not about one women but actually two or three that I complain from. And as Juxa said it could be me, and I could well have done some self-intospection were it not for the fact that I am in truth begging many men colleagues not to resign on a daily basis. So, at least it isn't Abtigiis alone crying.

Having said that no sensible person would believe there aren't men like the women I am talking about. I have some like that in my career. The difference I noted and I have to be honest is that it is much easier to agree or disagree with men (for me) than with men. For some reason, I find women to be more micro-managers than men in the small unrepresentative sample I have, and more panicky than men in the face of overwhelming assignments. It is easy to dismiss my rants either by making conjectures about my performance, or by thinking the personality we display in this forum is what we do in real life. I really want the experiences of others so that I can adjust my mindset about my expectations from women managers. So far the closet thing as a helpful answer came from MALIKA who said "one needs to approach woman differently". It is a very sensible advice.

Malika   

^ War I saw you baafiin, you didnt see me raising my hand to alert you of my presence....Now you know women tend to over think things hence the panicky sense - unfortunate they have a lot more to prove, insecurity can also be the cause for the panic - what if I mess things up, what if this doesnt work etc..Marka adigu dee Islaantaa laa shaqeysaa deeji hee - reassure her all is going according to plans etc.

Ngonge - you see, a man's brain works much simplier, you didnt even notice my dig at Abtigiis.[tongue out - cant figure out how all that work anymore - there, typical female..lol]

Abtigiis - I trully enjoyed reading your piece - strangely didnt find it offensive, actually found myself agreeing with you on some things. I am a female and many of times, women puzzle me - they can get really petty but that doesnt mean they arent capable of being good and effective managers. Saying that, this morning I was ready to strangle mine...lol

nuune   

^^ lol Malika, niyadaad u dhiseysaa Abtigiis since you are one of his fans(I think his fans are decreasing by numbers, tragic, he knows that).

Abtigiis, ma tidhi saa, hadaba aan ka war sugno Juxa, uma maleenayo iney u adkeysan doonto waxa aad ku tiri smileys.gif

women shud not be in the work place runtii and the diin supports this fact. lets be serious for a minuite.

the good lookin women are cawrah and most men would only think about doing tumasho with them n the men workers wud not be productive as a result of that , and the ugly ones will demotivate men from coming to work. all in all, its better if women listened to their biological imperative of raising children and being mothers and pleasurers.

jazakallah

Abtigiis, sxb, over the years, I, too, had to endure my share of shrewish professors and singularly unimpressive female managers and bureaucrats. I oddly, and probably wrongly, remember more wicked and witless women than I do men. But as I used to constantly remind (and console) myself, "the plural of anecdote is not evidence." Male bitc**es exist as well. Also, I think it's prudent to say that in certain circumstances one should deal with women in a different manner. Owing to differences in psychology, one is required to painstakingly fine-tune one's responses. The old proponents of behaviorism, who erroneously asserted that men and women are "only different from the neck down", got it fantastically wrong; females differ from males from the neck up as well. The innatists' insistence-- that nature be given its proper place alongside nurture-- has been vindicated . Now, I understand some may be wary and weary of saying this because lesser minds will start sniffing whiffs of sexism as soon as so banal a fact is declared: there are innate gender-differences not only in anatomy but in behavior. Here, one is obliged to belabor the obvious. Behaviorally, mothers aren't like fathers, sisters aren't like brothers, and boys aren't like girls. Not all stereotypes are unfounded and fatuous. While social conditioning is an important variable, it is scarcely everything. To wish away biology is a fool's errand. (To insufferable feminists: Difference need not mean deficience.)

Of course, Abtigiis could have articulated all this without employing provocative and colorful language. But that would be boringly disinterested. It seems that he has decided that a tinge of controversy serves him better in soliciting advice. I think this invites only screeches and screams, and disapproving scowls from us hoary liberals.