Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

The power of makeup

Aaliyyah   

I hardly put anything on my face lol..other than normal creams...sometimes make up!!..I guess I am more obsessed with my hair than my face lol

with that been said, thank you for sharing this videos. They are informative.

salaam

- Femme -;747708 wrote:

Takes the makeup off @ 1:16.

my jaw literally dropped when I saw her face sans makeup..miskin

I like this girl's tutorials, for the useful hints and humour...

Ms MoOns   

Having watched the first video, I feel extremely sorry for the girl. =/

I don't use any foundation. But if I was in her situation, I'd probably would.

pink   

i have super strong feelings about foundation, firstly somali peoples skin tones are so varied that usually it isn't sold in shops, eg if you are yellow brown or have different undertones the shop assistant always gives people a shade darker or lighter and it usually is obvious, not everyone can wear foundation, some people have skin that the product just sits on and you can clearly see, giving them a greyish tone to their face, i just think it better to look after your skin instead of masking it, especially if you have acne as products can aggravate and stress out the skin, even if it says it is going to help it probably is a lie, personally i have very clear skin (allhamdulilah) but there was a time that i wanted to wear foundation to try it out and i got the chanel one, it was terrible the lady gave me one shade darker and it ended up looking grey, then a friend who advised me told me to get another one but it made me pale (ghost like) and was even worse, in the end i gave up because natural skin looks alot better. but i have noticed that soo many somali girls get it completly wrong and they actually looked better before they put on the foundation. also acne if you passed puberty can be a medical sign that there is some imbalance in you and you have to go to the doctor or it can be an allergy but usually you can sort it out with a good dermatologist......

Carafaat   

women over exaggerated make up, specially Somali women. Like if men can tell the diffrence.

Specially in weddings they over exaggarate with the wite stuff on the face, makes them look like vampires.

Aaliyyah   

^lol i agree with you im naturally light skinned and im not crazy abt make ups neither know whats good or isnt I would be the last person to ask anything abt makeups..i sometimes put whatever but only lightly..so i go the weddings and oh my god the whole city waaay cadaadeen loool..I literally think they just dnt just dab it but put their whole face is some powder loool ...they dnt look light only but kinda creepy too lool. sorry i dnt mean to backbite at all.

salaam