Sign in to follow this  
Lychee

Girls and why they dress up.

Lychee   

Hey guys, I hardly post on here this place will have to be my substitute drug *sad face*.....so anyway I came across this group on FB that was basically saying ‘’Girls don’t dress up to impress guys, they do it to outdo other girls’’ and it had me thinking hmmmm..

So why do you think girls who don’t dress modestly by wearing cabaya and headscarf/jilbaab when they are outdoors dress up the way they do?

Do discuss Insh'Allah...

Aaliyyah   

I dont know about other ppl but I dress up to look good for meeeeeeee and I am hijaabi (I feel better when I look better lol)...bt who knows maybe girls dress up to outdo one another and maybe they dress up to attract guys...everyone is unique and have their own reasons :D

AND also if i take an example nothing to do with girls who dont wear hijaab, but generally when we are invited to only girls aroosyo (aroosyada lakala sooco) you would see that every girl put so much effort to look good (so who knows myabe they are trying to outdo one another ana ka quruxbadan yacni lol)

Or, unless they want the ladies to notice their beauty and go (allah gabadhaada quruxbadna inankeeyga ku dar hehe)

salaam

Lychee   

Lol hey Aaliyah, how are you?I’d just like to ask, are you a hijabi as in you wear a headscarf with jeans misa a full on hijabi? (either way Mash’Allah) and I really disagree with girls who say they dress up for themselves(wearing high heels, tight jeans, fitted top etc), I mean if that’s honestly the case why don’t you look good for yourself within the house limits since you are putting on a display for your own naf only?

Lychee   

LOOOOOOL OMG Aaliyah you have made a valid point, I've attended all female aroosyaal too and boy do we all try and outdo one another...hahah

Aaliyyah   

Laychee lol ilaahay ima xidho tight jeans with a hijaab ..no offense to those who do it! but you gotta be one side (i honestly dont like confused ppl lol)..

Anyhow, to answer your question I wear hijaab with a black abaya (so i guess that would put me in your full hijaabi category lol)..and I meant looking good not wearing high heels but just looking good ...wearing nice hijaab, nice jewelery basically fixing yourself so you can feel better..and you are right girls who wear tight clothes or high heels clearly are not doing it for themselves (high heels are clearly uncomfortable anu maba xidho unless aroos aado )..all that hassle for a guy? not worth it!!

salaam

Juxa   

^^ discriminationka dhaafa:)

I dont feel comfortable categorising people are full on hijaabi, half, or rubac. even when i see a girl wearing hijab gees-gees ah with jeans but long top, i encourage and say she is almost there maasha allah. remember many of us did not start wearing scarf from young age so it took alot of courage to know right from wrong and act according.

so alot of encouragement is necessary.

I dont wear cabayah all the time, but i do dress modestly alhamdulilah. to answer the question honestly would mean to lay myself bare. I do dress for myself, that is the only girly thing i do. I also dress up to feel good about myself, to look presentable for myself and those i love and also to fit in within certain extend my surrounding.

No one wants to look like qashin do they?

ps: i also noticed women dress up whilst attending women only parties, i always assumed that is cause it is only ladies and you can go overboard as there wont be men gawking at you

Aaliyyah   

lol no descrimination sis, I just meant tight clothings are wrong regardless of whether a sister has a hijaab on top of her head or not....I know sisters who dont wear hijaab but wear baggy clothes and those typa sisters I respect.. But a hijaabi with tight clothings..kuwaas are giving the wrong impression of islam so i just cant say I hold the same respect for them. But each on his own..

salaam

NGONGE   

When I say women are crazy nobody believes me. Bal watch these crazy women trying to work out why they get dressed the way they do! :D

NGONGE   

Aaliyyah;747224 wrote:
lool women are your mothers, sisters, and daughters adeer...marka ka xishood.

As much as I love them all I also fully accept their craziness, adeer. Life is like that.

Juxa   

aaliyah, wrong or right, they will hopefully get there insha allah

Ngonge, adigaa naga sii waalan ee maxaa meeshan ku keenay?

NGONGE   

^^ I'm trying to do other people a favour dee. Waliga qof maskeen oo wado khalad iska galay miyaanad favour o sameen oo odhan "sikkaada iska ilaali, waxa ku jira tuug dadka xadda"? Dee ana halkanaan jooga oo masakiinta meeshan khalad o gala ayaan ka celinaya "sikkadaan" dumarka waalan ka buuxada!