Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Hair extentions

Aaliyyah   

I don't really know if this topic was covered before, but I want the exact hadiths pertaining to this topic...personally this black lady we were neighbors with did for me hair extentions twice in my life and that was pretty much itt...I always had my doubts so I never did it after those two occasions...

Also, I am aware that human hair is haraam but I want to know what islam says about synthetic hair??..my hair now is a bit below my shoulder but I would love to put some long a*** hair extentions on (yacni in aan so gato tima dheer oo garabka iga daga hahah)..and I am doing this for a friend's wedding..so share your views :D

salaam

Though I have always heard that hair extentions are haraam, I can't remember the exact daliil. I think it falls under the whole "don't-adopt-false-appearances-"law. I had extentions put in twice: one about 6 years ago and the other last year. I didnt like the experience.

Aaliyyah   

^I did it twice too..one at a wedding when I was 20. Another, two years ago when I was 22 at a msa all girls end of the year party..and everyone was like oh my god u have such a beautiful hair is that ur real hair? lool..ofcourse I told them the truth im like no it isnt! bt seriously I could have went along with it yeaaa it is my hair LOL..

Anyhow, thanks for your reply I GUESS it makes sense when u said don't adopt the false appearance but then again wouldnt make ups lip glosses and all that fall under that too..and that we should just be walking around natural lol..just saying!

salaam

LOL@"is that your hair." It is the same thing with "cleaning" your eyebrows. Most girls do it but I heard somewhere it is haram. The first time I put extentions my hair was long and blond so it came out nice. But the second time, I really felt like I could've gone with my natural hair. It didnt make any difference; it just gave me a fuller body. But I hated taking them out afterwards.

I'm trying to grow my own hair now. I bought some vitamins for hair and nails. If it is a body you are after, do lots of curls.

Aaliyyah   

lol it was actually the arab girls from my uni who asked me that i guess they think most somalis got kinky hair ana halkana tima dheer oo mashallah ah isku dhajiyay :P...(or maybe they were just asking for the sake of asking let me not make any assumptions)

as for plucking your eyebrows I heard million times that it is haraam and I have never ever plucked my eyebrows i love them the way they are and I think there is one view on it just like attaching a human hair to ur real hair so it is haraam and there is no room for debate concerning that issue..

bt i think when it comes to synthetic hair theres different views so im looking for a precise hadith that bans such practice..

and im not after fuller hair but rather longer hair and im also growing my hair...i started from scratch so now a years growth is like a bit below my shoulder..i have tried every damn oil in the store and they look healthier so another year we will seee insha'allah...as for making it curly i do make it curly too..I do like curly hair (bt my hair is already naturally full i just do it cuz i like the look of it)

salaam

Juxa   

^^ waad madax adagtahay that is why timahaada la kori la yihiin.

I had extensions once and it was not even sawed it,...i hated it so much and my head hurt for days.

As to the plucking of eyebrows i saw qudmah on islamic channel which said waa xaaraan qadcan ah, since then i avoid eyebrow shaping

hadith bukhari7:133. narrated aisha. see also bukhari7818

an ansari woman gave her daughter in marriage and the hair of the latter started falling out. the ansari

woman came to the prophet and mentioned that to him and said her (my daughter) husband suggested that i should let her wear false hair. the prophet s.a.w. said no, for allah sends his curses upon such ladies who lenghthen their hair artificially.

allah's oppostle reprimanded that a woman should add anything to her head(in the form of artificial hair.

Aaliyyah   

^I KNOW that hadith hun, but I assumed it was referring to a real human hair but now that u said Allah swt curses ladies who lengethen their hair artificially that probably means it doesnt make a different whether it is human hair or synthetic hair...but you know what qofku wixi ilaahay siiyay in uu iska aamino is good..alhamdulilah i will just stick to my hair :D...(when i was getting the hair extentions for the first by this black lady I was neighbors with she was like you somalis have a soft hair and she was admiring my hair and i was like ma ana waalan mise tana waalan for everyone the grass is greener at the other side lool)

Juxa lol@ madax adkahay more like tima adkahay laakin not too kinky..semi kinky :P.

salaam

Blessed   

^To give up something you love for the sake of Allah has so much barakah in it and you know that He will replace it with something better. Insha Allah.

btw.. I've a website link that you may like -- but will PM. I'A

Alderman   

Is everything "haram" for Somalis? Is there a special mention that Somalis must consider more things "haram" than the average Muslim because it sure as hell doesn't stop other Muslims doing it!

:P