Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

ONLF struggle: A Creative Response to a Certian Extermination

Leezu   

Jacaylbaro;746597 wrote:
Anyone who comes against Somaliland is my enemy ...... ONLF can get my support only when they support my cause as well.

But you have no cause? You are crying because a dead dictator bombed a few cities and act as if you were the only ones who died during the beginning of the civil war. Sad.

ONLF has a cause, they are fighting against another kind of people, while you fight your own. They fight another culture but you fight your own.

They are trying to free themselves from occupation while you are trying to "free" yourself from 1988 bombings in 3 cities. They have a reason to fight, you don't.

Leezu   

Jacaylbaro;746640 wrote:
Bad policy out there .....

If you can't maintain good relationship with Somaliland then u don't have to scream if Xabashis did it .... after all it is a gap you created for them.

It is actually a gap you and the dictator created for them. I dont know why you always blame all Somalis for what ONE dictator has done too you.

Get over it, hes dead and it was over 20 years ago.

Carafaat   

ONLF is fighting the right battles. SNM fougth the wrong ones.

SSC, Maakhir, Puntland are States defending Somali Unity. Somaliland is destroying Somali Unity.

TFG is set-tup, supported and funded and its leaders hand picked by Ethiopia which is good, but Ethiopia voicing its opinion towards Somaliland is a disgrace.

This all fits within the greater strategy for creatingSomali unity, and its not just twisted D-clan ideology, wax fahan.

Faafan   

ONLF has made inroads into some non-o sections, they even boast a number of divisional commanders and the Central Committee is opening up to other sections as they embrace the struggle despite the slow pace its happening as ONLF edges closer to the gates of Kaaramardha.Some sections may never fully accept the struggle despite there physical geographic presence politically there position is dictated across borders due to ties of kinship,any shift in attitude will come from the political capitals they feel represent them.The citizens of Shinile are a different case I would argue, Ghelle doesn't seem to care about there plight with encroachment from foreign groups in Shinile a major issue and the central government(Woyane) a willing participant coupled with the general repression it leaves much room for ONLF to make further linkage, some collaboration has already occurred which is a great beginning.

As the conflict intensifies and the enemy is undressed many of the regions citizens will have a clear picture and in that period tags and labels will have little meaning.

Abtigiis   

Faafan,

Realistically, it is Shinile, most of Jigjiga and some parts of Liban Zone who could join the struggle. Also along the border, areas next to Shilaabo could possibly join. No hope for Harshin and Geladi. Yesterday, I had lunch with three ONLF political/military guys and one of them was from Shinile. Although this was a social occassion, inevitably talk of where things are back home surfaced. The Shinile man was talking about what the enemy is doing to the people and how it will fall, all the time saying 'Oga.denia' when talking about the region. I felt very bad. It would have been much more comfortable for everybody if he could have talked about Somaligalbeed, which would have been much easier. I know he would have felt comfortable. So, the process of broadening the struggle would have been expedited if we get rid of this clan name. Afterall, are there any verses from God proclaiming that unless O is mentioned we are not free! Let us campaign for the removal of that name, and focus on the enemy, instead of spending our time convincing apprehensive somali brothers.

NGONGE   

Shallowness in Somali clan historigraphy? Oh now you're struggling, saaxib. :D

War don't twist and turn dee. Say things as you see them ban ku edhi. For instance, I don't need to know the entire history of the ONLF to realise that they don't get on with other clans. In fact, I don't need to know anything about Somalis to know any of that. These are clear facts that every Somali knows but chooses to ignore and make exuses for.

Clan IS Everything, saaxib. Accept that fact. Aknowledge it. Learn to work within it. An Ethiopian (despite all his rape and subjegation) is not a Somali and, sadly, there is the rub. So stop pointing fingers at others for not supporting your cause and ask yourself why wouldn't they do so (your excuses above are nothing but an attempt to gloss over the clan problems that exist in Somali society).

Despite your greater Somalia dreams you know that when push comes to shove you will sell everyone else down the river for the sake of the O cause. Likewise, the rest are doing the same to you for the sake of their own causes. Are you willing to kowtow to others for help or will you continue hiding behind your cause being right and therefore everyone else is wrong? If you do (and it is not a bad position to hold, mind) you must also stop whinging about the lack of support and accept that (for now) everyone is your enemy.

Wax fahan dee.

A_Khadar   

AT,

One needs to put thing into prospective and historically the O name wasn't yester years name but inherited from the colonial. This land was known O land except the additions known reserve area which added later by Italian. It's a good suggestion to broaden the name since Somalis affected by the clan disease but I don't see as reason to retreat from the main objective and the fight of ONLF just because of the name. However, the rift between somaliland and O is based on clan and simply s/l clan doesn’t seem to separate clanish issues among somalis and external enemy to all somalis including themselves which is ethio.

However I have different thought after my observation and I believe other clans in Somaligalbeed have no issue with just name, but all they wanted to be fairly involved and at the beginning most of them felt they were alienated by O and that is why many of them sided with the Tegrey.. So these issues need to be corrected.

The side talkers who argue O should support the cause of s/l so they also will support O’s struggle is completely absurd.