Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The Limits of Vuvuzela Genocide

AYOUB   

Abtigiis, please to hear I seem to be getting through to you. Considering your only argument for unity is genocides and suffering are very common in Somalia, what option do I have but trying to stoop to your level so that we're on the same wavelength? :)

Abtigiis   

Dear Ayoub,

I thought those two were the strongest justifications always given by the recognition-seekers. Are you saying 'we have the right for self-determination' is the vogue now? Ok, even there, I have always agreed with your rights. I just don't subscribe to your idea of crafting new roles for the goose, while you want the gander to live with old ones. SSC, Awdal, Salal and Makhiir will not join you. Minus them, determine your future if you so wish.

N.O.R.F   

Dee sidaa uun maad tidhaahdid? I.e. "we don't want you breaking away based on clan but we don't mind you breaking away based on clan". Its the circular argument we have been having on here for years.

Abtigiis   

It is not circular argument. It makes perfect sense. What do you do with a delinquent son who refuses to live in the family house? Lynch him? No. You set him free and let him go whereever he wants. But you will make sure he doesn't take the healthy ones with him, especially without their consent.

N.O.R.F   

You protest one minute about the reasons why seccession is sought and then say its fine as long as they don't drag the others along with them. Its not circular is hypocritical. In effect, you're acknowledging your original premise was wrong.

AYOUB   

Abtigiis;746078 wrote:
Dear Ayoub,

I thought those two were the strongest justifications always given by the recognition-seekers. Are you saying 'we have the right for self-determination' is the vogue now? Ok, even there, I have always agreed with your rights. I just don't subscribe to your idea of crafting new roles for the goose, while you want the gander to live with old ones. SSC, Awdal, Salal and Makhiir will not join you. Minus them, determine your future if you so wish.

Like many members of SOL, you're having difficulty distinguishing clan from country. Check the thread the Ugaas in Borama below and learn how the two are not one and the same thing. I know that's asking too much from an ONLF supporter but I've got faith in you so do try. :)

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/59118-Borama-!!!-Here-is-the-king!!!!-Historic-visit!!

There is a man who knows his clan constituents live in three countries. My clan lives too lives in Somaliland, Ethiopia and Djibouti. Garaad Jamaac clan does not live in SSC but SSE (Somaliland, Somalia and Ethiopia). The star on the blue flag does has nothing to do Maakhir clan self-determination, but it symbolises Somaliland citizen's.

PS I still don't get how atrocities and suffering being common could be a selling point for Somali unity, can you go over that again. :confused:

Abtigiis;746070 wrote:
Xinnfanin,

Ayoub is not damiin. Far from it. That I know.But he doesn't have a good cause to defend. It is the strength of your cause that makes your arguments strong. For such a cheap cause, his fightback actually is not bad.

You can see Norf has tried as well. If the two could have a cause higher than the Tolka remonstrations, it is clear they could do more than they so far did.

I agreed.

Carafaat   

Abtigiis;746070 wrote:
Xinnfanin,

Ayoub is not damiin. Far from it. That I know.But he doesn't have a good cause to defend. It is the strength of your cause that makes your arguments strong. For such a cheap cause, his fightback actually is not bad.

You can see Norf has tried as well. If the two could have a cause higher than the Tolka remonstrations, it is clear they could do more than they so far did.

Is this your waying of saying 'good point, you are right, eventhaught I belief in a higher cause'.

Baashi   

Lively discussion. Waan ka raysanay cantarabaqaskii Jacaeylbaro iyo guul wadayaashii kale. :)

Folks should cut secession proponents some slack. Their vision in dismembering Somalia is discredited. Twenty years and on and the golden cup is not in sight. Now with looming Gol Khaatumo grand meeting of the powerful but divided SSC clan confederacy, the secessionists are signing Bee Gees “stay alive”...I’m going nowhere, somebody help me...somebody help me yeah!

Great poet Kaariye put this canard to bed in a poem. Enjoy it awoowe.

Duxda hadalku meel lehe annoo kaaga daba taagan,

Iska daa rag door ahoo dhintiyo dumar la laayee e,

Hal waraabe dilay baan ka nixi, oo dalkeena ah e

Dubahaa innagu wada dhiciyo duubiyada naaftey,

Ooy laba da’oodoo is xiga daabaca is galisay,

Dubkeenaa la qalayaa wadnuhu ila dubaaxshaaye,

Dadka kama xigtide ula sinow taa ma dayi weydey.

Duda kii u oodaa hadana didiyey geeliiye,

Dabka waxuu ka qaataa shacbigu dood abwaan yiriye,

Carab dalab leh iyo waa gartaan kii dantooda ahe e

In la dalaansan karo ha u maleyn daa’in abidkaaye

Dadwenihii waxay leeyihiin duun u hadalkooda,

Lama arag dameer geeso leh iyo dawlad reer qudha e,

Waxay doonayaan wada jirkee taa ma dayi weydey.

NGONGE   

Oh look! They changed the subject and brought it down to a level they're comfortable with. :D

(A&T, I just finished a first aid course, should you feel faint don't hesitate in sending me a message).

Abtigiis   

:D :D Ngonge, adigu nin fiican ma tihid. Maxaad talafoonka iiga qaban waydey maalmahan? War baa jiraa aan kula socod siin lahaa.

Iskadaa SNM'ta xiiqsane, I wanted a sedate discussion with Ayoub, and he fell short.