Sign in to follow this  
wayrax

Converting an ethiest to Christianity: Is that a good deed?

wayrax   

I worked for the USPS (Postal Service) when I encountered an ethiest caucasian beau chick in my workplace.

She was very interesting and out-going and I am a talker of scriptual proportion, a gasbag in short.

I, to this day, remember how comely the woman was and how I had played my part of in the great chivalry that'd ensued.

I and the woman, seated on each other's side, talked faith, culture, men, woman, and relationship endlessly past midnight while sorting the myriad of mail and parcels that was our collective tasks at the postal service.

I went too far to the extent that I used to bring with me the English version of the Qur'an and some other sacred texts. It went on and on and on as we debated and reasoned and debated and reasoned.

On one cold Monday morning in the winter of 1995, I remember my co-worker coming to work modestly dressed; shaking my hand and congratulating me that she converted!

Don't be euphoric here. She told me that she was converted to Christianity. I was speechless.

I still wonder if I had helped my book of good deeds in talking to Sandy to change her faith.

Please weigh in.

Nur   

Weyrax brother

Your story is interesting, I can relate to it from a purely business perspective.

As a Product Manager of a hot product, we ran an advertisement in which we educated the consumer of the products benefits to attract them to buy our product.

Our product class was new, which was reason we had to educate the public about its benefits and usage.

There was a cheaper version of the product in the market which benefited from the advertisement.

I was furious, I told a colleague that i felt like educating a young single woman about the benefits of marriage in the hopes that she will marry me, but after I convinced her, I hear that she married another guy.

My Colleague joked: " Because the other guy has a better product" Price wise!

Well, in your case, I think, Christianity costs less in this life, but costs more in the next, that's why young lady was attracted to it.

Nur

wayrax   

Nur,

You are really magnificent.

This metaphor is great but what I want to know - from the religious prespective - is whether I had been given a good deed in my book of deeds for the effprt I put up or I just effed-up.

There were times when Sandy wanted to kiss me or something and I refused to not set a bad example on the religion I was attracting her to-- No regrets though.

I want to know...

Ashkiro   

She'd thanked you in helping her convert to Christianity? That's odd. What faith people choose is their choice. As Muslims all we can do is be good examples of our faith to others and educate them about Islam in which you did, Guidance comes only from Allah SWT.

Nur   

Weyrax bro.

Ashkiro spoke for me too. Your credit is earned not for the result of your attempt, but for the effort as only Allah guides people toward the right path. Your reward is earned inshAllah if your intention was purely for Allah's sake. As for the turning down a kiss, well, again Allah will reward you for that missed pleasure with a better one, hopefully you are already with a wonderful Halimo.

Baarakallahu feek

Nur

Blessed   

But if they turn aside, We have not sent you as a watcher over them; on you is only to deliver (the message)
; and surely when We make man taste mercy from Us, he rejoices thereat; and if an evil afflicts them on account of what their hands have already done, then surely man is ungrateful.

Ash-Shura (42:48)

Well I guess I can't be objective on this subject since I'm a Christian, but I believe turning people towards God, whatever path they may choose, is a good deed.

I know I'd be happy if I turned an atheist into a Muslim.