Sign in to follow this  
StarGazer

*****Toronto Convention: Jan.2-4th*****

Originally posted by pearl:

masha allah...couldnt get any closer
:D

idea...to those who are going there...wondering if we can all meet...humm.....that be nice...to put words to a face....dont u think?

I have no problem to meet afterwards, afterall it's going to be held in the heart of the city.

Ilhaam, I don't wanna hear " I'll try"....You're coming or else waa noo kal dhamaatay ;) Anyway check ur pm soon aight.

Nafisa, I'm soo happy I get to see you again!! This time you'll meet the whole family as well Insha Allah. Btw, I was suprised to see many somali families at the convention I attended this past summer. I think many are getting with the program.

Jawaahir, Masha Allah you did a good job promoting this important event...may Allah reward your efforts.

PM me if you guys are really interested in meeting. We'll arrange something.

Wish me luck with my exams :(

I myself heard him say that music was not xaraam, I admit I did not hear him say it was xalaal, but you know us Muslims- all we need is someone to tell us its not xaram and off we go . Anyway, enjoy the conference .

that isnot only his view but many of islamic scholars beleive music as leasure purpose is not haram,though we have to clasfied music ,i mean there definitely a haram music and there halal music as well,it all depend very much on word used and topic it talks.we consider music as word expressed in certain melody or rhym,rememner there is haditth which tells that on eid day abuu bakar enterd the house of prophet(pbuh)and found aish and two girls palying music,when abuu bakar tried to stop them from what the two girls were doing prophet told himleave them alone,let jews know there is leasure time in our religone</B?

in this hadith it is clear that music as expression of happeness is not haram.by the way art of music is part of human nature and islam dooes not prohibbt Good arts.

thatmy own opinion.

please feel frank to comment.

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Tamina:

Nafisa, I'm soo happy I get to see you again!! This time you'll meet the whole family as well Insha Allah.

Likewise xabibti, and it would be my pleasure to meet the family ;)

Blessed   

Dang ppl. Ya'll making me so jealous. My fav. gals getting together at what seems like the Islamic event of the year :(

Enjoy... Better not 4get my notes..i'a smile.gif

Modesty,

I have no clue whether the tickets ran out or not since I purchased mine weeks ago......you might want to get some1 to purchase the tickets for you by contacting one of the following Toronto avenues:

I.C.N.A. BOOK SERVICE

100 McLevin Ave., Unit 3-A, 

Scarborough, ON

(416) 609-2452

JAMI MOSQUE

56 Boustead Avenue, 

Toronto, ON

(416) 769-1192 (ex10)

ISNA CANADA

Islamic Book Store

2200 South Sheridan Way,

Mississauga, ON

(905) 403-8406 x218

Hijab Fashion Centre

(Beside Islamic Foundation)

431 Nugget Ave, Unit #4

Scarborough, ONT

(416) 292-2419

Sound Vision Canada Store

61 Dundas Street West Mississauga, Ontario

L5B 1H7, Canada

Ph. (905) 566-1444

Fx. (905) 566-1443

Toll Free: 1.800.560.8754

Caveman, they have 2003 tapes available ...it usually doesn't take long b4 they put them out. However not every session will be included. Check out:

-ICNA bookstore, Scarborough

-ISNA bookstore, Mississauga

-Habib bookstore, Etobicoke

For more info, visit the website www.revivingtheislamicspirit.com

I'm delighted to see that many took interest in this event.....just keep spreading the word ..... :D

Finally, it's time to enjoy my long break........by sleeping endlessly icon_razz.gif

x_quizit   

Modesty, i heard today, according to Jami mosque, that there are only 8 tickets left in the whole of Toronto (GTA). My friend asked if she can reserve 6 tickets for me and my friends, and he said that we can pick it up on saturday.

If u have family in Tdot, ask them to call the place and see if there are any left ASAP, cause they are going like hot cakes.

Lots of ppl are expected to come and it's supposed to be a diverse audience, so inshallah, it will be a great conference, dealing with the issues of today for us muslims.

See u guys there, and what happened to the men? Majority here seems that only the women are going, for those of u in the city or nearby, u run when there's a ruwayyad, but can't make it when its about islam...come on guys..deen applies to u too...lol..peace

see u guys there

Qac Qaac   

x quizit thanks sis for the encouraging words, but will be there too, but majority it looks like from the girls, but insha'allah, the guys will come around too. thanks anyways.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

so who's got their tickets and is coming

to the conference?

5,300 tickets sold and 2000 more seats have been created. So I think that u can get tickets at the door now.

I'm guessing that more sistahs then brothers will

be coming there from the SOL family.

I'm already exxxcited about meeting my

'2nd wifeyyy' aka X-quizit and might even

meet 'Opinionated' and 'Samiyah'. :D

So sistahs,work out among yourselves who will be paying for what meal of mines and remember now,

I have to share my time with

each of you Equally. smile.gif

But on a more serious note,

It would be kinda nice to meet some of you and

tease you nomads. icon_razz.gif

So who got their tickets and who's bringing

the shaax and buuscuut.

Iffah   

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

i'll assume everygirl i see is either, jawahir, or ilhaan, or so on... loooool.

Lol. just don't go around calling them Jawaahir or Ilhaan...they might think you're hitting on them :D

Gabdhos, as I said, ha noo ahaato.

Meenah: Wish you were here too! I tell you tho, now's the time to be in Tdot...well, then again, anytime's a good time to be here :D

Thnkz for the info Khayr. I have couple of pple in mind :D There's no excuse pple. Btw, Sorry to burst ur bubbles...opinionated won't be coming.

Qac Qaac   

Ilhaam then give me some hint, so i could know who is who. u know. lool.

see u all there insha'allah ok.

and for those who wanna get married, ilaahey ha idiin fududeeyo, i would definately support.

but tell us who is intresting who. so don't for those of us who don't wanna get married don't make the mistake of talking to one of u guys.