Sign in to follow this  
StarGazer

*****Toronto Convention: Jan.2-4th*****

pearl   

masha allah...couldnt get any closer :D ..

idea...to those who are going there...wondering if we can all meet...humm.....that be nice...to put words to a face....dont u think?

Caveman   

Tamina, Qac-Qaac,

And others who are planning to attend this magnificent convention...

Since I can't attend..... I’ll like to make a simple request to you.

If you could please find out any company or organizations that are recording professionally

at the convention. So, with the magic of technology might be I don't have to miss any thing while I can't be there.

I usually buy my stuff from the acclaimed site for all Islamic Books and materials

http://www.onlineislamicstore.com.....I hope they are there too.

Thanks

Qac Qaac   

Bro i'll see what i could do,

hey i think, the somalies who are coming to there will be so few anyways, so we don't need to wear our somaliaonline names, coz i think, we'll be getting to know each other anyways.

the only problem is, i don't think, we could get to know to the sisters coz, this will look really bad, that a conference with all those sheikhs that u pick a girl from lool. is only my opinion don't get mad ppl.

anyways if u hear the name qaac qaac is me ok. from ott.

Iffah   

Tam, always bringing forth great info!

I'm definitely gonna try my very best not to miss this one. It'd have been great if it fell on the second weekend of January tho.. :(

Meenah, insha allah.

Miriam1   

lol qac qac, I agree it would look somewhat indecent, even thought iam sure ur not going to attempt to "pick" anyone. About not many somalis being there..umm inshallah a large number will show.

Bought the ticktes and waiting!

Iffah   

Originally posted by Jawahiir:

About not many somalis being there..umm inshallah a large number will show.

Jawaahir, are you spreading the news, or you're just being hopeful they'd show up? ;)

Miriam1   

lol been doing both, so far five people have come to be under my control on this trip and are coming for sure, they bought the tickets so no one is running anywhere !

What do u think about non muslims coming? would it be positive or a bit too much, from ur past experinces.

Iffah   

Good job. I'll try to recruit some folks too. About the non-muslims... sadly, I haven't been to these conferences (RTIS) before. But I think it would do them good if they're interested in Islam.

Rahima   

Rahiima, Sh.Hamza is a scholar I deeply respect...however I know there are others who are not fond of him (it's all opinions). He usually speaks of matters that I can relate to.

So true walaahi. This shaykh has eloquence pat to the tea, Mashallah :D . If only you knew how much I love listening to his lectures smile.gif , but all I was saying is at times he takes viewpoints generally not in accordance with the proven xadiith. For example, I myself heard him say that music was not xaraam, I admit I did not hear him say it was xalaal, but you know us Muslims- all we need is someone to tell us its not xaram and off we go :rolleyes: . Anyway, enjoy the conference smile.gif .

I still can’t believe Sudays will be there, and i (obviously) can't be there :(

Haneefah   

Oh I'm so excited about this convention, bought the tickets like a month ago (btw, they're going very fast everyone)...can't wait to see Imam Sudais live...my whole family is coming, my mom just loves him, I'm sure he'll be leading the prayers Insha'Allah, so we'll get a tiny feeling of what it's like to pray in the Xaram Insha'Allah. Oh and my favourite shaikh, Xamza Yusuf, the man is absolutely amazing and all the other talented shaikhs as well, wouldn't miss this for anything!!

You actually learn a lot from these conferences...I missed last year's and I kept regretting the whole year....please guys, make every effort to come and to urge others to come Insha'Allah.

About somalis...quite a few do actually come, many are coming from my town, I also know ppl who are coming from Ottawa....but reer tdot, esp reer khalid Bin waliid... I don't know, for some odd reason you don't see many in events like this...maybe they're just not well informed :confused:

So Miss Ilhaam...westiga adigaa lagu xil saaray hadaba...I expect to see guush dhan oo kudaba socda ok :D

salaamu alaikum wr wb,

Originally posted by Jawahiir:

lol ^ thought about that, wear a name badge maybe saying "SOL MEMBER" its a good idea.

lol, I could just imagine how others would be looking at us! none the less it is a briliant idea! :D

Miriam1   

loool samiyah people staring from the corner of their eyes trying to figure what SOL could be...but i shall be brave and wear it, steal a empty badge from work and paste SOL on it, wonder how many people will come up to me....

jawihir, I would definitly say salam when no one else is looking! hehe icon_razz.gif on the serious note tho' we should insha'Allah maybe go for a coffee afterwards, for where 'm from there aren't that many somali sisters :(

Qac Qaac   

I feel akward am i the only guy who is coming.

i'll make sure to bring lots of guy friends, anyways jawahir, nafisa, ilhaam all see y there. yeah about khalid bin waleed ppl how come they don't come looooool

i'll see insha'allah all there. need to take some break from the freaking exams.

i'll assume everygirl i see is either, jawahir, or ilhaan, or so on... loooool.

i can't wait.

abootoy somali badan aa imaaneesaa abay abay.