Sign in to follow this  
Baarqab Qooqay

North London On Fire

Abwaan   

*Blessed;739164 wrote:
M.ark was a local lad, apparently a drug dealer and was killed on Thursday by the police. Many felt that the police aggression was uncalled for.

And they caused all the destruction for a drug dealer? This is crazy, they want to burn and loot the shops their mums buy their food from while they want to advocate and protect drug dealers. What a crazy world!

i'm not surprised. for many years, my warnings were not heeded and now the simmering tensions that were all too obvious have come to the fore. Tottenham is hell-hole. its full of ethnic minorities who haven't made the slightest attempt to integrate. these riots are not just a reaction to mr.Mark Duggan brutal murder but represent the frustration and lack of willingness from both parties (local govt and local people) to accept certain truths.

as a native tottenhamite, i've seen the area go from a prosperous part of london to the hell-hole it now represents. the education system is failing, hospitals are sub-standard and there is a very high level of unemployment. for many years, new labour hyperbole sighted Tottenham has an area which benefited from new labour. in fact, these policies had a disastrous impact on the local people. now, with no end in sight to these violent riot, tottehahm has literally go to the dogs, as it were.

Thierry.   

London is on Fire indeed, I was praying Taraweex at Edmonton Masjid at the time which is 200 metres away, Incidentally the only place not burnt down was the Job Center office lol (Brother got to get their pay check on Monday morning).

^ LoL @ only place not burnt down is the job centre. Ah. Priorities.

Tottenham and by extension a good bit of NL has become a bit of a ghetto. (Says she who lives a stone's throw away from Brixton).

I think most Londoners are insanely frustrated these days with current government policy. Too much hassle for very little gain, too much red tape with zero support, redundancies and high unemployment matched with rising costs of food and other basic necessities, painfully high energy and fuel costs and deep cuts in housing and welfare support. Someone just needs to light a small match to trigger a huge explosion.

N.O.R.F   

Thierry lol.

We have the Arab spring. You the multi ethnic supposed to be summer but not quite :D

There is a lot of bent up anger and disillusionment with police tactics, cuts and general lack of opportunities but I doubt that’s why these kids are running riot. They have an opportunity because they have an excuse. That doesn’t mean the problems shouldn’t be addressed.

If its concluded there were no shots fired at the police then it might just kick off again.

Thierry.   

Saxiib what is surprising to me is that they are taking such bold actions when they know Nottinghill Carnival is around the corner and no brother wants to be behind bars during London’s hottest street party.

NGONGE   

^^ Sabaak al noor. Any Somalis reported injured in these clashes? I heard a rumour that my old man was seen looting a pharmacy for hair dye. :D

N.O.R.F   

^LoooooL

There are some interesting images on various websites. I'm sure one of them is Somali standing in front of the police with arms wide and high.

Thierry.   

Loooool Ngonge, one of the latest comments from Somali madmen in my FB "I’m going to shoot a cop then steal a 52 inch tv from Curry".