Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Interracial marriage still new in Somali community

No, not really, it isn't new but rather become old fashioned and out dated phenomena.

But I don't know about Minneappolis, perhaps fight 13-ka ayaa kubadan and they think parading themselves with a bearded white guy infront of Somali restaurants and Dukaano is all fun and cool.

For those of us who have lived in the west for almost two decades, this phenoma has passed different stages and is at the stage where is getting out of the norm again, orthodically that is it, not a modern cliche anymore.

Nina Fox   

U sheeg bal :)

I know this Xalimo who married a white British convert. He is so islamified its aint even funny, the gar, khamiis the whole shabaang. A yr later I ran into them and they had a beautiful baby, Maasha Allah. The only glitche was that he was all Sunna dressed and she had her hair out with tight clothes..Yaaab. Maalis keena diinta maku fiicnin aan u maleyeey. Our dhaqan and diin have been recycled, pre-washed and abused by diaspora.

Aaliyyah   

^ AS somalis many of us take our religion for granted it is not even funny..and the parents make excuse for their kids " wa dhalinyaro" as if that justifies it and they gonna change once they get older (and i'm referring ladies who are referring to their 20 plus children gormay korayaan wa yaab or maybe 30 is the new 20 ) :D

anyways this topic has been discussed over and over and over again lol just different article every few years!...honestly who gives :D

Nina Fox   

loooooooooool Aniga Fidel Castro eedadiis maan ahay? Self-bashing is healthy, its when others bash you, you need to raise your antennas and go for the kill lol

Its probably my nature to run into all the YAABEST things in the world. Ever heard of the expression "Yaabki aaa Yaabeey". Aniga hada taas aa i heysato,,,,,,,,nothing shocks me anymore.

Pucca   

Aaliyyah;739348 wrote:
lol@ Min-Jee..

bt luving the name aragsan..I love that name! alle hakaga dhigo ti ku anfacda..laakin waxad korean uso xaresatay wali is waydinaya...and there are million single Farahs in T.O..see weeye
:D

salaam

calaf my dear, its a force one cant fight.

RaMpAgE   

Axmed-InaJaad;739418 wrote:
why every new convert marries somali girl, its as if no other girl from any culture wants them, somali girls have become muslim societies garbage bins.

I noticed too, they think naagaha somaliyeed are the easiest.

peasant   

I know two friends, one is married to an indonesian girl and the other is married to a french canadian girl and both were happy and were satisfied with their choices. One of them actually, his wife used to go shopping alone with his mom and occasionally you would see the two of them drive around dodge caravan in the neighborhood. And we all know how hard it is, in laws and spouses getting along within cultures let alone across cultures. I personally would say, If people can work out within their families the rest is just trivial. Society in general can never be pleased and even if your spouse was somali, probably the next thing they would be asking is their tribe and etc.

-Lily-   

I don’t see how another’s personal choice affects us. I have both friends and family who have foreign partners and contrary to mass hysteria and buuq they lead contended uneventful lives.

I guess we all have close relatives and friends married to foreigners. I found out two things, things are difficult for those whose immediate don't accept their partners. It can get lonely and one could become too dependent on their partners which is not healthy.

And things change once kids come into the picture. Folks become little gentler. I can't imagine anyone in my family not being accepting of my niece whose mom is non-Somali.

That said, Lily, I hope we are not losing you to non-Farah :-)

NGONGE   

Do you want this to stop? EASY! Ban women from going to mosques. If we ban them from visiting the mosques for a period of ten years ( to be extended or shortened according to results) I believe that this whole movie will not happen.

(on the other hand, and as I ALWAYS say, Somalis are an entire nation and proper nations must have all sorts of weird things).

p.s.

Jb, A Somali married to a Korean will probably give birth to a grey Hyndai! :D

^LoooooL@Ban women mosques, there ,might be something to that. Our local mosque is hook-up place. It bothers somehow, not people that getting hooked but that they actually go there to find a mate. Makes wonder who's there for worship or who's not. It doesn't help the mosque is to be 'cultural center'.

Juxa   

Why blame the mosque it is not even that useful hunting ground. You go I. And get out. Unless you referring to liiska la Iska qoro

Horta the objection is mainly geared towards the Somali women. The men can marry whoever they please and no one cares. Xaliimo marries charles and waaba la isku buuqey boohoo

Let them be