Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

How to Make Organic Lip Balm

Nina Fox   

Aliyaah lol@ organic.

Lately Im obsessed with reading labels looking for Gelatin. I watched a program not long ago and they use that stuff in absolutely everything, from shampoos to make-up subhanallah.

Aaliyyah   

^When I was in grade 8, this somali girl in my class saw me eating skittles and she was like don't eat that stuff it has gelatin in it. And, I was like whats that lol..n she explained to me. After she left me I actually finished it lol I have a sweet tooth..bt subhanalah after that incident I did watch out from anything that had gelatin in it...so as long as we do not consume I don't think it is harmful if it is in shampoo or make ups...

I don't think there are any gelatin in any of the ingredients this girl added to her lip balm.

Aaliyyah   

I always used to use vaseline till my uncle told me not to he said it isnt good for my lips. He is a doctor so I took his advice :)

salaam

Hmm self made organic lip balm huh, that's something I need to try out. If it works I will save on buying lip balms from now on. Is the beeswax necessary and where do you find that?

Curly   

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour skin protectant is my staple and can be used on almost anything from dry patches of skin to eyebrow shaping. I love the smell, it reminds me of arabic gum.

raula   

haven't watched the video yet, from what i have heard in the past..mix sugar & honey..& apply softly leaves the lips soft (try not to rub it hard, as it might irritate the tissue and perhaps cause a sore). As far as regular lipbalm-beeswax is the best & recommended.

In regards to gelatin...if its haram..i would say stay away from it even if its in the shampoo etc, since you will have to take ablution.

Narniah   

^Sugar & olive oil + honey works wonders too. As a lip or even face scrub. Just be extra gentle!

As far as lip balm is concerned I make my own one. I mix a tiny bit of olive oil with 100% rose water. It's not as thick as a lip balm. It has more of a liquidy substance. It's 100% natural and really keeps your lips smooth nourished and healthy. I keep this in a lil jar and use it when I remember it before going to bed mostly and early in the morning before I hid out. I don't re-apply during the day because I don't need to.

I add the rose water because it smells so delicious but honestly the olive oil itself is so amazing for your skin you don't really need to mix it with anything. It's conditioning compounds are so powerful it's unbelievable. My mom is a very wise lady, I learned this all from her!❤

Oh by the way one more thing: Nah it's not greasy (just a dab)! oh and Make sure your olive olive is Cold pressed and virgin!