Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Suxuur Spot

Juxa   

How do you eat this sareen? Do you mix with White bariis and then eat it with caano?

Mise waad shiidaa and you have it as porridge?

Som@li   

^Yeah, in both those versions, plus, barley, cooked with some meat, over a long time, and prepared like soup/stew.

Well, I just buy the sareen/oats from the supermarket and cook it like porridge (except it has its fibre intact), with milk and sugar. It's not like Somalia, where you would have to hadhuudhka inaad tuntid marka hore dabadeedna dheriga uu saarnaado habeenkii oo dhan. It's easy peasy.

Che, I never used to believe them (hooyo iyo ayeeyo) when they went on and on about sareen. But I tried it out this ramadan and it works a treat. No ill-effects during the day and with little gaajo and plenty of energy.

Som@li, agreed. Simply the best!

Pucca   

i rarely eat suxuur, but when i actually do wake up... a yogurt with some oat clusters (the cereal kind that you can add to yogurt) is perfect for me. for afur its a must that there be xabxab...anything my aunt cooks is welcome after that. oh and plenty of water.

Aaliyyah   

ma sareen baa maanta garan weydey and u say ur ayeeyo is from buhodle! ur ayeeyo would be rather disappointed!LOL

salaam

p.s qamandi? sounds another lingo all together! LOL

Blessed   

I can't stand sareen. I've anything near by, even a mars bar and lots of water.. Alhamdulilah it's been good so far.

Belated Ramadan Karim, people. Eat less, give more sadaqah! Fee Amman Allah.