Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Suxuur Spot

Juxa   

Ayoub which finsbury park masjid ma kan stationka ku dhagan mise abu hamza! The imam in abu hamza has truly amazing voice!

Showqi I met Nina 10 years ago and I remember she was holding large coffee. Thro the years, the travelling, studying, jobs, weddings that coffee aargalaan has stayed and was ever so loyal and faithful. I won't say waa ethiopian but if she could she would farm coffee beans in her back yard garden.

Nabad maku afurteen?

AYOUB   

^^ The one next to the station, Juxa.

Abu-Salman, I was there that Sunday and the doctors advice (5000units of fitaamin D per day) was useful indeed not to forget the brother who spoke about education sponsorship. Jzk'llah to them and the organisers.

Aaliyya inabti I've been told suxuur and the food eaten as a guest are blessed and one should eat as much as possible. :P Waxaan aad leedin waa healthy waan ka daba geeya when time permits. :)

Nina Fox   

Its too hot to even think of a certain hot beverage at this hour,,,,I am tempted thou.

Having pizza for Saxuur-----can't stand the liquidy mushari stuff. If it was "Kalamudo" wud have been a diff story, digsigaan kor istaagi lahaaa. Had Kalamudo one Ramadan in my teens, and buoy still reminiscing about it. I shud learn how to make it me thinks.

PS: Before y'all ask,,,,Kalamudo is not a remote town in Mehico,,,,,its a Somali dish. Ya shud be ashamed of yourselves lol

J/K

just came back from much needed vacation...didn't have any food at home. so my first Suxuur was at IHOP-it is the only place that is open 24 hours in my area. did some shopping yesterday. can't eat Afur or Suxuur. I am having hard time adjusting.

Ramadaan mubaarak to all!

Faheema.   

My suxuur consist of...

1 glass of Innocent Smoothie

1 banana

1 glass of water

7 Dates

and so far it has worked, no thirst or much hunger during the day ...Alhamdulilah :)

-Lily-;738232 wrote:
To avoid heart burn stay clear of heavy foods & especially fried stuff which has too much herbs added to it. Ramadan is about self-restraint, that includes after you afur as well.

Good Saxuur foods:

Yogurt with a tea spoon of flaxseed

Cereal/Weetbix with banana or berries

Porrige with Agave nectar

Toast / sandwich (light toppings)

Pancake with dates (malawax from earlier on)

Fruit with frozen yogurt or ice cream (it’s really hot at the moment)

Slice of plain cake and milk

Soup with a bun or slice of toast (if you’re very hungry)

Or at least that’s what I would eat if I ever woke up for saxur, the prayer & cup of tea and a glass of water if there is time is usually enough. I am always astounded that people can eat full meals at that hour of the night. People eating heavy afur/saxur are doing themselves no favours.

Thats is my kinda suxur.

Juxa   

It is like a fruit shake!

Afur for today:

- apple juice

-2 pieces of vegetable bakora

- honey melon

- aargelaan coffee ah

Lily I did buy your suggestions lakin maba cuni Kari lol. I made coriander basmati and veggies too but need qof ila cunaa lol

nuune   

^^ Adi maa cunto karin karo horta, faan badanaa, basmati kulahaa, alloow yaa fiiriya bahal gubtey oo qalleel noqdey waaye loolz

Just having my afur now, suxuur is not far 2 hours away lee waaye, but doin jumlo at once

Aaliyyah   

Nune, why are you being so mean to Juxa lol..tan kale basmati is rice right?? that's the kinda rice we cook at our home!

tan kale how come u said suxur is two hrs away waadna afuri?? where in the world are you LOL

Showqi   

Juxa;738635 wrote:

Showqi I met Nina 10 years ago and I remember she was holding large coffee. Thro the years, the travelling, studying, jobs, weddings that coffee aargalaan has stayed and was ever so loyal and faithful. I won't say waa ethiopian but if she could she would farm coffee beans in her back yard garden.

Waa idiin jedaa adiga iyo Nina reer Aargalaan aa isla tihiin! Meeqo Madax Shub aa iskala qeyb gasheen........:D