Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Puntland Ufeyn Clan Rebels Attack Oil Exploration Convoy

Carafaat   

Wanst Cade Muse chased away from Ufeyn back in 2006? This conflict is going on for more then 5 years. I wouldnt bet on drilling oil in an area with an history of clan hostilities.

Timur   

Who is "WE" Oodweyn? This has nothing to do with YOU. You've actually convinced yourself that you're part of the plot, it must suck to be unimportant.

Timur   

^ That's Range Resources Company (RRC), an American exploration company operating in the Appalachians. The group operating in Puntland is Range Resources Limited (RRL), an Australian company operating in conjunction with Canadian exploration teams. Two vastly different and unrelated companies.

This is just sad on your part to dig for bad info and land upon that in desperation.

Timur   

Keep digging, it might make you feel better but doesn't change the situation developing in PL.

Timur;737220 wrote:
Who is "WE" Oodweyn? This has nothing to do with YOU. You've actually convinced yourself that you're part of the plot, it must suck to be unimportant.

Timir all you say day in day out is please leave us alone we are scared we are dreaming of oil let us dream why are you disturbing our dream

Timur   

Just like you don't want me to disturb your recognition dream. Do you see me asking about your recognition or caring about it? No. Why? Because its not important to me. Apparently, Puntland oil is VERY important to the khat people.

Well apparently this topic was opened to talk about the clan rebels attacking the so called oil exploration convoy unless you say the attack didn't occur and we should conintue the dreaming timur how is the drilling going so far;)

Carafaat   

The prospect of gaining huge wealth from oil or mineral mining has often lead to fueling conflict in already instable regions without strong goverment institutions.

There are many examples of countries in Africa where this happened. And these latest developments in Ufeyn and the many skirmishes and clashes that occured last couple of years in regions were oil and minerals were explored are proof of that.

Without strong goverment institutions and a socio economic system to re-distrubute wealth, oil exploration will lead to more instability.

Mustafe   

Oodweyne;736946 wrote:
:D
:D

Well, it's already
"factored"
in; but, what you seemed to have over-looked is that, this company and it's partners, have been
"tarting it up"
their prospect recently on the back of this exploration.

Lool, that craked me up. But can I ask how you came to know that? How did you end up following the progress of this, "company and its partners", if you don't mind me asking?

Oodweyne;736946 wrote:
Hence, they have gone heavily in PR campaign across the various stock markets on the back of this particular well. Consequently, their investors will largely take a dim view of this incident; particularly once it become clear, that, this is not a one off incident, but, in reality it's a long line of
"political incident"
after incident. And, therefore, this may even stop any further exploration going ahead, at all.

And, the up-shot of it, is that the shares will reflect the
"lost of confidence"
in the prospect of this company ever producing anything of a worthwhile from that so contentious of a well, indeed...

You might be right, but thats assuming the investors of this company are smart enough and will take such precaution. Not to mention you under-estimate the natural talent Somalis have at misleading gullible white people. I mean, how can you be so sure that everything will not go as planned, or atleast events won't pan out? This is Africa man, or as the crooks of the continent would say, TIA, lolz.

Saalax   

Carafaat;737325 wrote:
The prospect of gaining huge wealth from oil or mineral mining has often lead to fueling conflict in already instable regions without strong goverment institutions.

There are many examples of countries in Africa where this happened. And these latest developments in Ufeyn and the many skirmishes and clashes that occured last couple of years in regions were oil and minerals were explored are proof of that.

Without strong goverment institutions and a socio economic system to re-distrubute wealth, oil exploration will lead to more instability.

I agree.