Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

DADAAB: Get There or Die Trying

In typical SOL fashion you guys talk about- why isn’t someone doing something? Why aren’t people doing something? I wonder have you ever freaking asked yourself what you’re doing. Why wait for someone, why not take your own initiative and get moving?

By the way check this out….and if you want to useful/graduate from you nac nac's and do something Falis mother just called today saying she’s now even worse-so what can you do for her today? Help her? Apart from her details don’t come to me with silly questions. Take ownership and do something. Or shut the F-UP.

Juxa   

I understand your frustrations but there are so many unorganised events going on at the moment in london. Most people are either trying to help their own relatives effected by the drought or give to the 100 fundraisings going on at the moment

I saw the youtube video and was moved by the efforts of the fact finding team. please abaayo dont despair, even tho it is difficult to be patient when time is running out.

NGONGE   

Good thread. I think. It would have made more sense to me if I could see the youtube links. Right on, CL.

N.O.R.F   

Does one have to 'show' they're doing their bit?

Is simply paying money to Muslim charity organisations (who are fund raising for Somalia) enough?

nuune   

^^

Does one have to 'show' they're doing their bit?

Not really, yeysan ogaan gacantaada bidix waxa ay bixineyso gacantaada midig, or the opposite, xaakim ibn xajar al casqalaani

Juxa   

Norf no, but i guess one expect such a big community like us in SOL would be more active in raising funds.

nuune   

^^ Why not head and organize, yaa ka sugee camal, see waaye adi, abukaate lagu qasaarey, isku soo aruuri all the abukaate you know, and raid their beytul maal one by one.

Juxa   

Qofna kama sugayo, balse there are very capable people such as CL already involved, with great ideas, contacts etc

anigu waxan ahay part of the support brigade....now maxaad qabatay adiga?

N.O.R.F   

Juxa, maybe but information on which organisations are funding raising, their bank accounts etc would probably be better.

Islamic Relief : http://www.islamic-relief.com/Emergencies-And-Appeals/1-63-east-africa-crisis-appeal.aspx

Muslim Aid: http://www.muslimaid.org/index.php/get-involved/donate-online

The two above are usually very quick in responding to hardship.

Donate Now.

nuune   

Juxa, gacantaada bidix waxey bixineyso yeysan ogaan gacantaada midig, fii riwaayatin aakhar, targhiib wa tarhiib buu ku jiraa

Norf, there are also people who left Europe and North America, based there right now in Dadaab, they are more direct in donations can be sent, as they are right in the middle of the displaced and the needy, so quicker way waaye than donating to big organization, so another option waaye camal, they are helping the people and waa dad is xilqaamey

NGONGE   

Valenteenah.;736333 wrote:
Other than donation, what else can one do?

Start threads moaning about the situation of course. :D

(if nothing else, it keeps the issue on top).

N.O.R.F   

nuune;736337 wrote:
Norf, there are also people who left Europe and North America, based there right now in Dadaab, they are more direct in donations can be sent, as they are right in the middle of the displaced and the needy, so quicker way waaye than donating to big organization, so another option waaye camal, they are helping the people and waa dad is xilqaamey

Good on them but we rarely here about them. IR is already there on the ground coordinating relief efforts.

http://www.islamic-relief.com/Emergencies-And-Appeals/5-63-744-assed-baig-reporting---youtube-video-kenyan-somali-border.aspx