Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Complex Islamic response to evolution emerges

Voltaire   

Coofle;738149 wrote:
I guess there should be a rule against Copy and Paste....It kills debate and creativity.......Read what ur fellow nomads think, it is a rare commodity those days...

Couldn't agree more.

burahadeer;738371 wrote:

When scientists say"evolution is a fact",they r using one of 2 meanings of the word "fact".One meaning is empirical:

Evolution can be observed thru changes in allele frequencies or traits of a population ova successive generations.

Anotha way "fact" is used is to refer to a certain kind of theory,one that has been so powerful & productive for such a long time that it's universally accepted by scientists.When scientists say evolution is a fact in this case,they mean it's a fact that all living organisms have descended from a common ancestor(or ancestral gene pool).

This implies more tangibly that it's a fact that humans share a common ancestor with all living organisms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_theory_and_fact

is this not a copy paste?:D:D:D

i wonder waxa indha laisku tiraayo

Johnny B   

genius pauper.;738391 wrote:
the gentleman/women complaining about copy paste, should realize that, this thread started with such a pattern. I mean copy paste. Where does the creativity you are talking about come in??

So you're doing just like we're doing here , copy/pasting right?!.

This is terrebile state to be in for someone who despite his burning desire to debate( or have a say in) the subject matter, all s/he seems to be equipped with is copy/pasting the flawed works of others, and justifying it by claiming to just have done what others are doing.

Worse, it's crystal clear for anyone with a decent mind that i neither claimed nor insinuated to be the writer of the article, despite not giving the source of the article, i underlined (twice) the contents of the article, hence, the seperation of my question regarding what to make out of the article,and weather it was a cognitive dissonance or just a Human nature to take the positions taken by the Doctors and medical students in the survey, so there is no excuse for anyone with a decent mind ( even for a seething theist like yourself) to equivocate on that.

Now, let us for arguendo say i am guilty of palagrism by not regiving the source of the article, is then copy/pasting the lfawed works of others all one could contribute to the subject matter, namely Islam and it's emerging complex response to the Evolutionary theroy?

Jb, apart from what u copy pasted, any other stuff? Just waving a petty flag of denial and baseless blames.

To be extremely honest with you, the level of knowledge,decency,intellectual integrity and sophistication shown thus far are with all due respect appalling, to grant you a platform to be worthy opponent with integrity in this very subject matter is with such record a generousity rexamined , but hope is the last thing we'd lose so squeeze more of that brain, who knows maybe , just maybe you may have the stars lining on your behalf and you start making sense.

P.s. The brain that accepts inspirron14 as a laptop made by dell and concludes that the universe has not been made, never fails to be the hub for irrationality and to say it precisely, logical disability.

please clarify how laptops get inspired, and while on it, account for how the Universe was made, ofcourse without being that hub of irrationality . :D

@pauper...we don't copy paste the whole thread in otha words like all the arguments you put forward.plus we put our thinking into it.

if I take 3 or 4 lines from somewhere & add my 3 & 4,too.that's o.k. But what you doing is pasting a whole book & a lot times beside the point thus hijacking the whole thread & turning into guerrilla war.

What a waste!!!! and only once did I take few lines from Internet.You always have the urge to prove othawise right or wrong & that takes you into trouble.

genius pauper.;738493 wrote:

is this not a copy paste?
:D
:D:D

i wonder waxa indha laisku tiraayo

This is the only time I had those lines from anotha source unlike you copy pasting the whole thread.

And where is the rest of this thread I added..why did you hide?

and who said I can't quote few lines from others without writing a whole book which is what you doing...look! you have the longest threads at one time...whole book!!!!!!!! with little substance!!!

Johnny B;738570 wrote:

This is terrebile state to be in for someone who despite his burning desire to debate( or have a say in) the subject matter, all s/he seems to be equipped with is copy/pasting the flawed works of others, and justifying it by claiming to just have done what others are doing

my worry is on the poor soul that dwells deep in you. you are on a noble course searching for GOD. mine is just to help you see the truth.

about the debate and argument, you are only complaining about flaws, and denying facts.

Johnny B;738570 wrote:

This is terrebile state to be in for someone who despite his burning desire to debate( or have a say in) the subject matter, all s/he seems to be equipped with is copy/pasting the flawed works of others, and justifying it by claiming to just have done what others are doing.

Worse, it's crystal clear for anyone with a decent mind that i neither claimed nor insinuated to be the writer of the article, despite not giving the source of the article, i underlined (twice) the contents of the article, hence, the seperation of my question regarding what to make out of the article,and weather it was a cognitive dissonance or just a Human nature to take the positions taken by the Doctors and medical students in the survey, so there is no excuse for anyone with a decent mind ( even for a seething theist like yourself) to equivocate on that.

Now, let us for arguendo say i am guilty of palagrism by not regiving the source of the article, is then copy/pasting the lfawed works of others all one could contribute to the subject matter, namely Islam and it's emerging complex response to the Evolutionary theroy?

To be extremely honest with you, the level of knowledge,decency,intellectual integrity and sophistication shown thus far are with all due respect appalling, to grant you a platform to be worthy opponent with integrity in this very subject matter is with such record a generousity rexamined , but hope is the last thing we'd lose so squeeze more of that brain, who knows maybe , just maybe you may have the stars lining on your behalf and you start making sense.

please clarify how laptops get inspired, and while on it, account for how the Universe was made, ofcourse without being that hub of irrationality .
:D

a serious note: you are hypocritical and never sincere with your own soul. the power of denial propels you. your only source of energy is to say ''if i can deny, then i will''.

you might ask yourself why am saying this. well, the point is, how on earth will one ever discuss a point with someone who blames others what he comfortably does? who never accepts the truth?

just the plagiarism issue is making you feel you were wronged, what else will you accept.

here we are not competing for any prices, just the plain truth.

to sum up everything, there's nothing on earth which happens by its own. no way can an action happen without a doer. to refute this, just come with an example of an action which happens without a doer, and when you observed it.

p.s. in my lineage, i have no more than human beings, who were born by a mother and a father.

Nina Fox   

Johnny B;737795 wrote:
We've people like Coofle aknowleding some parts of Evolution , we've people like Nina Fox who hold to Adam & eve , So we can safely assume that both are Muslims who just differ on the Evolution issue.

For Muslims like Nina, it is an Issue of either you accept Evolution and Science or you believe in God .

For Muslims like Coofle, That is an unnecessary and rejectable dichthomy,and it is safe to both accept Evolution and believe in God.

We'd appreciate if both camps brought thier evidences.

As much as I appreciate the Sciences and regard its contribution to society as an integral facet in our lives, Im going to go pro-religion on this one.

Behold! thy Lord said To the angels: 'I am about To create man, from sounding clay From mud moulded into shape; 'When I have fashioned him (In due proportion) and breathed Into him of My spirit, Fall ye down in obeisance Unto him.' (The Noble Quran, 15:28-29)".

And as far as Im concerned Niandrathals, people descending from Apes and all these other theories can take a back seat. This one sentence Ayaah is enough to quench my inquisitive mind. :)

Mohammed   

I agree with mos theory of evolution except of man. That I do not agree.

People who say evolution is a fact, it's not. It's still a theory. On top of that, think about it, if you can't believe in the Quran telling you that mankind was created independently and differently from other creatures, then how can you believe in Jesus and the Virgin birth? That isn't scientifically possible. A woman cannot get pregnant without semen. Yet we believe in that. The Quran tells us that there are angels on our shoulders, where's the evidence?

The Quran is not a book of science, it's a book of signs and faith and the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Garnaqsi   

Mohammed;740780 wrote:
I agree with mos theory of evolution except of man. That I do not agree.

That's strange. May I ask, do you have any scientific reasons for this exception of man from evolution?

People who say evolution is a fact, it's not. It's still a theory.

Can you please give me the name of a theory that got proven which then consequently became a fact?

Mohammed   

Garnaqsi;740850 wrote:
That's strange. May I ask, do you have any scientific reasons for this exception of man from evolution?

Can you please give me the name of a theory that got proven which then consequently became a fact?

I'm pretty sure that the earth circles the sun was a theory until it was proven to be a fact.

The point is, the Quran states we did not evolve. Let's then say I did believe in that, were do we stop? The Quran states Jesus was born to a virgin mother. You know that's impossible. In order for one to be pregnant, you need semen, right? Furthermore the Quran states two unseen angels are on your shoulder. Where' the scientific evidence for that? So an so forth.

There's enough in the Quran to suggest that it's the word of god. I don't believe such a book was written by a 7th century illiterate arab. There's no mistakes, no inconsistencies and no contradictions.

If the Quran however said the earth is flat or the sun evolved around the earth, then you'd have a point. However it doesn't. It simply states that Adam and Eve were created separately and weren't part of the evolution process. If science suggest man is 100,000 years old, we accept.

Mohammed;741046 wrote:

If the Quran however said the earth is flat or the sun evolved around the earth, then you'd have a point. However it doesn't. It simply states that Adam and Eve were created separately and weren't part of the evolution process. If science suggest man is 100,000 years old, we accept.

Actually quran says earth is shaped like Egg. i think flat earth in the quran means that humans are to able to walk on the earth whit out falling down from it . therefore for us the earth is flat but if you look distance it look like Egg.

Quran 79:30

Wal'arda ba'da dhalika dahaha

He(allah) made the earth egg-shaped