Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The Premier League 2011/12

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;813306 wrote:
Yeah. Kenny will get an overrated Brit again instead of bringing Aquilani back.

We also need quick technically gifted wingers and a PROPER striker. In off the head, knee and big toe kind of striker.

Downing is quick and technically gifted. Makes no difference if the conductor of the team is Gerrard/Adam or Henderson. As for strikers, you can get ANY of the top ones in the league and they'll still struggle in this team. War it's not the strikers, it's the system.

p.s.

Aqua does not even make it for the Milan team (in the slow Italian league) why in the world do you think he'll be the answer to our problem? We need a Silva, Ozil or Modric type of player in that midfield. War even an Alonso will do. In fact, even Lucas (when we had him) controlled the tempo of our play and ensured that we hardly get beaten. The boys we have now are all energy and no brains. :(

BOB   

I don’t mean to rub it in but I knew ‘Pool would lose but I didn’t think Newcastle were capable of keeping a clean sheet.

Before NGONGE chokes on his cereals, let me say that I also knew Arsenal would lose after Van Persie missed that glorious chance because I’ve never seen a team collectively under-perform like Arsenal did against QPR and as usual Arsene was out-witted and out-thought by Hughes who must have paid close attention when Ferguson was giving his team talk.

How can Newcastle pay £4 for Ben Arfa and Arsenal £11 million for Gervais and Liverpool £40 million for Downing and Henderson?

I won’t lie I have always rated him and I knew leaving France would do him a world of good and I’m glad that dutch donkey didn’t end his career when he broke his leg and now Newcastle would struggle to keep hold of the likes of him, Tiote, Ba (I hear his buy out clause is ONLY £10M) and their goalkeeper Krul.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

NGONGE;813335 wrote:
The boys we have now are all energy and no brains.
:(

Err typical British you mean? :P

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

BOB;813341 wrote:
I don’t mean to rub it in but I knew ‘Pool would lose but I didn’t think Newcastle were capable of keeping a clean sheet.

Before NGONGE chokes on his cereals, let me say that I also knew Arsenal would lose after Van Persie missed that glorious chance because I’ve never seen a team collectively under-perform like Arsenal did against QPR and as usual Arsene was out-witted and out-thought by Hughes who must have paid close attention when Ferguson was giving his team talk.

How can Newcastle pay £4 for Ben Arfa and Arsenal £11 million for Gervais and Liverpool £40 million for Downing and Henderson?

I won’t lie I have always rated him and I knew leaving France would do him a world of good and I’m glad that dutch donkey didn’t end his career when he broke his leg and now Newcastle would struggle to keep hold of the likes of him, Tiote, Ba (I hear his buy out clause is ONLY £10M) and their goalkeeper Krul.

Peace, Love & Unity.

The price tag is nothing, saaxib. Chelsea paid 50 million for Torres and he struggled to score goals for them. But you and I and everyone know that Torres is a 50 million pound striker. There is more to it than simply comparing Ben Arfa to Gervinho or Downing & Henderson. For example, Downing was creating endless chances for Villa before LFC bought him. In fact, he was Villa's player of the season (Adam was Blackpool's, Suarez Ajax's, Henderson Sunderland's, etc, etc). All were proven (bar maybe Henderson due to his age) and played well for their former teams. But it's football, sometimes teams don't do as well as they should.

p.s.

A good footballer is a good footballer. British or not (ask Milan & Madrid, Barca & Napoli about a certain Stevie G). :P

BOB   

NGONGE,

Downing is quick and technically gifted? Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ileyhi Raajicuun, I give up! :o

When did Downing create endless chances at Villa? Suarez offers far more intelligent movement than that tap in merchant named Bent and Carroll is a beast in the air and yet he constantly fails to pick either of the two, see he's a player who flatters to deceive just like Parker at Spurs by making you think he's a creative genius when in truth all he does is bombard aimless balls to the 18th area, I don't know about you but in my book that's not creating a chance but rather wasting an opportunity to keep possession.

Ben Arfa is more talented than all those clowns combined and his talent has never been in doubt ever since he joined and graduated from Clairefontaine. He won the U-17 European Championship with France in 2004. He toyed with the Spanish players that included Cesc and Pique both in the group stages and in the final, he destroyed Portugal team and he was the star of the french team alongside Nasri and Benzema and the best part of it all was he won the golden boot.

There was a clip I've seen a while back whereby both Houllier and Wenger said he'd win the Ballon D'or more than once BUT added Houllier he needs to keep his feet firmly on the ground which unfortunately he failed to do, YES I know a lot about him because he's a player that I've been following and I was delighted when he joined 'one of my teams' in Olympique Marseille. Trust me the guy is magical and I hope he fulfills his potential but something tells me he won't be able to do that at Newcastle and it won't be long before the big boys come for him.

I don't know about now but while still in France his father was his agent and a lot people includind Houllier, Zidane and Dechamps accused him of ruining his career because he chose to side with his son whenever he was wrong and he used to constantly clash with his managers and team-mates hence why I said I was glad that he left France.

Waryaa Torres should've never joined Chelsea but his agent got greedy and sold him short. He should've given Shevchenko a ring and ask him how did it feel to play a second fiddle to a lesser talented player. He got frozen out by the Divas at the Bridge because they knew fully well that Drogba was no match for El Nino when it comes to getting a goal out of nothing but still chose to stand by for their mate in Drogba.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Oz   

Salama Norf, Bob, NG, Loz and pola happen to appear only when gunners win ( glory hunters) :)

Chelsea vs benfica tomorrow.

Agreed it was nice to see Arsenal's stretch come to an end. Really thought it would continue against QPR and possibly end against City. Now I am much more comfortable. It's unfortanute we couldn't get a win against Tottenham and things really would be interesting right now. Right now, I'm just crossing my fingers for our form to continue and Arsenal to drop against City and Tottenham to get upset by Swansea.* Torres has been playing well though and getting a goal today was important for his confidence to continue. Plus with Drogba seeing less playing time, it should ease some pressure off of Torres. Yeah the game was pretty boring, but the last 20 minutes sure were exciting, and I do think it was important for us to get ourselves back up and pull away with a win after giving up those 2 goals, especially doing so on the road. That was much different than what we did against Aston Villa at the end of our game a few months ago with them at the Bridge. The end of this season sure will be exciting for us.

BOB   

How can people compete against Man Utd when they're constantly helped out by these corrupt referees week in and week out? That's a serious question. This is getting disgustingly predeictable. :mad:

Mancini...you bottler. :P

Peace, Love & Unity.

ha ha ah OZ... that is sooo true, I'm only here when we win. didn't they say about the gooners "they only sing when they're winning". ha ha

My gooner credentials are never in doubt sxb.. winning or losing... my assessment of this team was always on the money.

I'm more hopefull than when we had Nasri and Cesc. the two of them are responsible for what happened to the team at the end of last year. I'm glad we saw the back of them sxb. Arsenal didn't buy better players they bought better believers and fighters...NOW Arsenal are a team you can say they are finally coming out of transition. but still need couple of signings... with Lukas, Mvilla and Vorgehten joining, we are there for next year sxb. we don't buy into hype...

I tell you next year the likes of Tuujiye and glory hunters who defected to Chelsea will all come back to the fold....

Cheers

nuune   

^^ aaheey, kii xumaa ee Carrol ahaa ma aragtey goalkii xumaa uu dhaliyey, kan haduu afartan goal dhaliyana maba jecli even xataa markuu Newcastle la joogey ma jecleen qaabkiisa, for now, everyone hates him, so I will give him a chance and at least give him the benefit of peanut

I like Andy Carrol to be honest... he hasn't been used to the best of his ability... if you will give him to us for free, we may take it off from your hands...