Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The Premier League 2011/12

Thierry.   

^^ lool I saw that volley yesterday when I was at the Emirates, for a moment we thought Kenny was going to strip and personally replace Andy Carroll. It was a boring game gents, and showed more about Arsenal's lack of depth than any improvements from Liverpool. On a positive note for you guys Jordan Henderson is not bad. Carroll is a major flop who cant even control the ball.

Frimpong funny enough was our third best player yesterday after Varmelan and Nasri, but Aaron Ramsy is all hype and Walcott cant play football period and dont remind of the waste of space Arshavin.

The Zack   

ESPN:

Valencia have confirmed that midfielder Juan Mata has reached an agreement with Chelsea and he is expected to be unveiled in London on Monday

Awesome! Now bring Luka in and Man United will kiss that trophy goodbye.

NGONGE, after you saw how Liverlosers with all their new names played against the limping 10 men Arsenal (With no Fabregas, no Song, no Gervinho, no Wilshere), do you still believe you guys will win something? You still have time to change your mind :).

N.O.R.F   

^Ngonge probably thinks we played well :D

Thierry, did you guys get wet? There was a proper downpour during the game (great when playing though).

The Zack   

N.O.R.F;742139 wrote:
Zack, what is AVB doing?
:D

Fernando-Torres-007.jpg

:D :D Saqajaan dheh!

Norf, I don't know what he is doing but I know what he is thinking. He is thinking "I wish I started with Sturridge or Drogba but I had to appease my boss, war xagaas iyo bench-ga tag, yaa Torres!".

N.O.R.F   

^Sell him back to us for GBP 20m :D

The Chelsea problem is that they want to make Torres get overly involved in link-up play. He isn't any good at doing this. Infact he is just aweful at times. Torres is an out and out striker. Poacher. Finisher.

Chelsea should:

a) Become a counter attacking side to play to his strengths

or

b) Buy a world class playmaker in Modric to fashion chances for Torres (since they want to play the possession game).

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;742106 wrote:
^Ngonge probably thinks we played well
:D

Thierry, did you guys get wet? There was a proper downpour during the game (great when playing though).

We did play well, considering. :D

War adigu horaan kuu sheegay, kubbad waxba kama taqaanid. :P

The Zack, did you happen to look at the team we had out there? Let me remind you:

The keeper was our usual one. The two central defenders were regulars but the left and right back were not (how many games did Kelly play last season?). The midfield consisted of Lucas (an ever present and man of the match for me), Adam, downing and Kuyt (another regular) . Up front we had Henderson playing behind a sole striker in the form of Carroll (is this his seventh or eighth game for LFC?).

Do you notice the trend or do you need it spelled out for you? We had our moment against a passing Arsenal team (even if they lacked Fab and others). So I really don't know what is your problem there. We beat Arsenal away from home for the first time in eleven years, saaxib. Good game, some good passes but a lot of improvement on the way.

p.s.

Norf, Carroll played well and linked up the play ok, whenever he had any service. Adam did ok too and once he gets his passing range under control he should run teams ragged. The arrival of Suarez and Merilas changed the way the team played in that the guys in the middle suddenly started to push up (being one man over helped) and pass it on the ground (unlike what they did earlier when Carroll was up there on his own). To add to that, Varmalin had a blinder and stopped everything that came his way. Did you think he played well, naah, forget that, I know you did (I know your type of football fan dee :P). And yet, and yet, and yet you contradict yourself by declaring that Carroll is no good. Heh.

War bahasha barta. LFC is going to win this thing.

N.O.R.F   

:D @ Carrol played well. Thats why he was taken off even when they were down to ten men. Waar bax ninyow :D

They can only hit it high to Carrol because he has no ground game (against top quality opposition anyway).

We pushed up before the subs came on but, because we had a lump up front, we couldn't hold the ball or play intricate killer passes.

ps who did Meireles aim the 1 fingured gesture? Don't worry if you didn't notice :D

NGONGE   

^^ Lucas (he was making fun of the Arsenal player that got sent off, he too did the finger to Lucas). But you wouldn't know that anyway. :P

As for Carroll, yes he did play well. He never stopped running but hardly got any service (save for the usual Carra hoofs and Adam's misplaced passes). How many crosses do you think Downing made for him in the entire game? NONE, that's how many.

At any rate, you seem to think that he is a useless giant that is only good with his head. But, last season, he scored six goals with his right foot, two with his left (one against LFC) and four headers. His awarness, hold up play and passing has always been good and he had his moments against both Sunderland and Arsenal (did you see Kelly's shot and how Carroll retrieved a wayward pass from Adam to create that shooting chance?). War bahasha baro dee. Don't get excited by Suarez alone, Carroll is going to come good and score plenty of goals for LFC. Kenny knows his stuff.

N.O.R.F   

Uh uh he retreived a wayward ball and set up a chance! :D

The man cost us GBP 35m saxib. He should be running rings round people not waiting for 'service'. Does Rooney wait around for service? Does Drogba? Waar bahasha ninyow ma ciyaari jirtay?

Bal waynu eegi.

NGONGE   

^^ Yes and yes. Carroll and Rooney are not the same kind of players. Drogba plays in a settled Chelsea team. How about comparing him to the Carroll that played for Newcastle rather than the one that played two games for LFC this season (last season is a right off after his injuries). You say in your previous post that he doesn't do it against the big teams but would you say that Arsenal, Liverpool and United are not big teams? He terrorised Vidic last season, destroyed Arsenal and scored a sweet left foot goal against us.

Adigu, you played park football where you all just ran and ran and you expect me to take your understanding of that game into account ninyaho. If you really know football then you should be able to spot a good player regardless of the odd bad performance (not that I am saying any of his performances so far have been bad).

p.s.

Bahasha ma ciyaari jirtay is an argument that died with Jose & AVB's first titles warya. Meesha maskax baa jirta, il waxa argta ba jirta, caqli kubbada fahma ba jira. Bahasha ma ciyaari jirtay iyo sheekooyankaa waa iska hadal. Bahasha baro, saaxib. :D

N.O.R.F   

Haye :D

Not sure about terrorizing and destroying Manure and Arsenal but I’ll give you that :D

Yes, he played one season in the PL and scored a few goals (some against the big team) but is he a 35m pound player? Not in a million years saxib. Darren Bent who has been banging them in year in year out was only worth 22m??

Playing park football teaches you to recognise how good others are. You will notice their touch, decision making, intelligence etc. If one or two of those elements is missing then they should fall back on the third. Look at Hendo. No speed but very good at decision making and his passing is also very good. Carrol on the other hand is poor is more sides to his game than he is good at (heading and shooting are his only strengths). He reminds me of Emile Heskey :D

NGONGE   

^^ Didn't help you with Lucas. Made you declare that Madrid's Pepe is rubbish, etc, etc.

War adigu you're a typical "English" fan who thinks a player is good as soon as everyone else does so or if a player, like Messi, is obviously very good. You wouldn't know how to spot a player if your life depended on it, saaxib. :P

Yes, Carroll reminds me too of Heskey (who has always been a good player by the way). The only difference is that Carroll is is hungrier and has a more imposing personality. In fact, if I should compare him to anyone it would be Christian Vieri (remember him?).

p.s.

His touch is good and his link up play is not that bad. How many goals did he set up last season (and not with his head alone either)? :P

Horaan kuu sheegay, bahasha la soco ninyaho, kubbada uun ha daba socon. :D