Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The Premier League 2011/12

Oz   

If Fabregas and Nasri stay,they are in need of a goalkeeper, centre back, a defensive midfielder and a striker.

If Fabregas and Nasri leave, they are in need of a goalkeeper, centre back, a defensive midfielder, a striker and must replace these players as well.

Either way, they will struggle to hang onto a top four spot, that much is evident. :D

Ps: 9 of the starting 11 are injured.

Oz   

Kop fans seem excited in here :D.. I can't remember the last time ya'll were this excited about starting the season. I really cant wait to see kops in action.

Liverpool are still way weaker than 08/09. Lack of a top quality playmaker in midfield, no reliable proper left back who can stay fit for longer than 25 minutes, Carragher's age and continued deterioration in ability, Agger being a sicknote, new signings yet to prove themselves. There aren't any inconsistencies in suggesting they have some very good players as there are still areas they are comparatively weak in and need to improve. If Ngog's the only striker on the bench and Kyrgiakos is the main back-up at CB (whilst Agger's out for months at a time) and they're playing a different LB every week like last season - then a challenge for 4th is as good as it'll get.

Ps: I don't think loserpool's problem is to beat the mancs, chelsea, Arsenal and spudz week in, week out, they need to beat the sides who they are better than week in, week out. 28 games are against sides other than those five, only 10 games are against them and if they win maybe 21-24 of those games against the rest then they might just manage it with a decent record in the other 10 games.

Pss: What are your ambitions Norf and Ng? EPL titile, Champions league semi or a good FA run up.

N.O.R.F   

^Do you know that only Chelsea accummulated more points than Liverpool post the King's return? Most of those layers are still there. If he had taken charge last summer the same points tally would have got us 2nd. We're not as far off as many think. Alot of so called football pundits don't give us a chance of finishing in the top 4.

Agreed we still need a decent defender and left back. We also need a striker but Raheem Sterling from the youth team will be in the squad I hope. I'm tempted to make a bold prediction but will give 10 games or so :D

NGONGE   

Oz;740108 wrote:
Kop fans seem excited in here
:D
.. I can't remember the last time ya'll were this excited about starting the season. I really cant wait to see kops in action.

Liverpool are still way weaker than 08/09. Lack of a top quality playmaker in midfield, no reliable proper left back who can stay fit for longer than 25 minutes, Carragher's age and continued deterioration in ability, Agger being a sicknote, new signings yet to prove themselves. There aren't any inconsistencies in suggesting they have some very good players as there are still areas they are comparatively weak in and need to improve. If Ngog's the only striker on the bench and Kyrgiakos is the main back-up at CB (whilst Agger's out for months at a time) and they're playing a different LB every week like last season - then a challenge for 4th is as good as it'll get.

Ps: I don't think loserpool's problem is to beat the mancs, chelsea, Arsenal and spudz week in, week out, they need to beat the sides who they are better than week in, week out. 28 games are against sides other than those five, only 10 games are against them and if they win maybe 21-24 of those games against the rest then they might just manage it with a decent record in the other 10 games.

Pss: What are your ambitions Norf and Ng? EPL titile, Champions league semi or a good FA run up.

As for the left back, you'll be glad to hear that we just bought Newcastle's Jose Enrique (to add to Aurilo, Insua, Robinson & Johnson).

On the point of having a playmaker (do Chelsea and United have one by the way?) you must have forgotten about Aquilani, Gerrard & Adam whoc an all claim to be such a person (though, personally, I believe our "playmaker" is a certain Lucas Leiva).

Football is a game that is centred around the middle of the park, saaxib. It's why the likes of Barca (though they have able defenders and attackers) dominate everyone. It is also why a team like Arsenal (with their awful defence and forever injured attack) still seem to win the majority of their games. But, even more importantly, and since you yourself mentioned it, it is why Liverpool played well and finished second in 08/09 (it was only Alonso that was sold after all). So, as Kenny clearly knows and understands, fix the middle and you'll fix most the problems the team might have, which is why he's filling his team with midfielders that can play all across the middle.

On the attacking front, we have our two main strikers (with Suarez having a good history of injury) plus we also have the never-say-die machine that is Kuyt (he scored his highest number of goals during the two seasons when he was asking to play upfront). Ngog himself is not a bad striker when the rest of the team are playing well (though there are rumours that he might go to Bolton).

All in all, I think we have a team strong enough to challange for the title (it all depends on the kind of start we have). I really believe that we'll win trophies this season.

The Zack   

NGONGE;739908 wrote:
The Zack, I'm going to to remind you of that post of yours when May comes.

LOOL fine, May it is.

On another note,

It is almost confirmed that both Fabregas and Nasri are leaving the gunners, is this another trophy-less year for Wenger? I mean I already know that part but is this the end of their "hold-on-to-your-top-four-spot"? I bet it is.

As far as making predictions, I say let's wait how this starts off. Chelsea came back another with no playmaker so I am not sure about their fate this season.

Horta how is the schedule i heard the first 9 games iney hirig hirig gashay??.. Ps football fantasy gala kedib premier league team sameysta u get 100 millions to buy a dream squad from every team in the PL, then we'll see the person who in SOL who has the best football skills. All you need to do is to form a squad and will see after the PL the person who wins... Horray do it before the 13th of August.. http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Just send me a pm and i'll give you the password for the group..

AYOUB   

NGONGE;734841 wrote:
^^ You've been always trying to burst this so called bubble and were always proven wrong. I welcome your contribution.

Oh well, your KK11 started with a home draw with...Sunderland.:)

Boyz....Am back. NORF....I have too many fronts....from facebook to twitter with after taraawiix banters. the life of a gunner is not easy in these days... thanks to Arsene.... who I don't believe in his press conferences anymore.

For those who think because we lose Fab and Nasri we wont be in the top four. you have no idea what Arsenal is all about. That is what they said when Pires and Henry left that is what they said when Campell and Berkamp left....blah blah.

I tell you this Top four is guaranteed....if he replaces Ces and Nasri with top class players (which I doubt) we will surprise alot of people.

BTW I assuming the the English referees will be slightly fair to us this year.....can't beat 12 you know!

The Game of the Newcastle has showed me we are defensively solid this year. now lets fix the attack and we are sorted.

Cheers

NGONGE   

A home draw on the first game of the season is not a bad result. The performance mertied more than that though. Onwards and upwards.

The Zack   

I so much hope Chelsea gets Modrich before the end of month. Being heavy on the front and weak in the middle won't get the team any where.

AYOUB   

NGONGE;740631 wrote:
A home draw on the first game of the season is not a bad result. The performance mertied more than that though.

Indeed, especially against your rivals (like Sunderland and Stoke).

Oz   

Still really excited about this season, Torres looked like a different player!

Once we sign a creative midfielder + winger I can see Torres scoring at least 25 goals in all competitions. I'm happy with a point anyway, Stoke still are looking to strengthen the squad in this transfer window.

NGONGE   

AYOUB;740633 wrote:
Indeed, especially against your rivals (like Sunderland and Stoke).

Sunderland are going to give lots of people a lot of problems.