Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Somaliland Moving Library tour

Blessed   

Juxa;734772 wrote:
pictures please pictures

but one question, does it smell of fish? i dont mean edab daro just curious

No. I guess fisher man zone does thou but anigu maan arag.

Ibtisam   

Taleexi and Oodweyne maad waxan inaga deysan?? This thread nor this trip was about LA, it was one of the many places we passed through so pages and pages on LA is hijacking the project.

If I can clarify, through out the trip (from Hargeisa, Berbera, shikh, Burco, Ceerigaabo, LA and back) we had two askaris with us as part of our convoy.

As for LA, based on what I read online and SOL, I was really worried about going to LA, I genuinely thought I was going to be ducking bullets, or will be shot, kidnapped or blown to pieces in a military occupied war zone! Subxanallah, reality was very different and LA is a normal fully built functioning city, with market, new university and few good hotels. It was not the war zone I had imagined it to be, people were going about their business working, studying, shopping etc. The locals and mayor said for the most part it is assassinations that important people fear, but the locals and visitors come and go safely. I was also expecting to meet none LA clan members in key positions to enforce the will of the state, however the people I met with the titles were native to LA.

All in all, as I was expecting the worse and I was pleasantly surprised, however with that said, there is a noticeable presence of people walking around with guns in their holsters-!!!

On a side note, I noticed Saado Ali didn't have much impact with her song, a certain money transfer company had signs and offices all over town. :P:D

Now can we let LA pass please.

What strikes me the most is the proximity, LA is 2hrs drive from Burco, while Awdal, is 2.5hrs from Hargeisa, I was really expecting some far away distinct places, considering Ceerigaabo is 12hrs drive from Burco!!! :eek: :eek:

As for pictures;- Bless I'm putting them up on FB- SOL is a struggle as I have to host them somewhere first.