Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

Quiz on Tawheed and Creed

InshaAllaah this thread we can ask each other a quiz based on tawheed, the oneness of Allaah in His Worship, His Lordship and His Names and Attributes.

I will post a question then next poster answers, his/her answer should be supported with daliil (evidence). Then either the poster or a next nomad can ask a new question on issues relating to tawheed.

First Question:

What does Laa ilaaha ila Allaah mean?

Btw dont forget the daliil plz !

Rahima   

Beneficial topic!

Laa ilaaha ila Allaah means there is no deity WORTHY OF WORSHIP other than ALLAH!

As for daleel walaal, im a tad confused, what exactly do you mean for a question like this? Maybe you can give us an example.

JZK smile.gif

intresting topic.

questionn has been answered and the daliil from the quran is:alaahu laaa ilaaha ila huwa al hayul alqayum.(al ayatul kursi,suratul baqarah:255)

ok my question now is:list the pilars of iman mentioning the means of each pillar?

As-Salaam 3alaykom.

Rahima

Bullseye you got it ! The Daliil are many but the one pointed out by Shaykh Saalih Fawzaan in Kitaab Tawheed book is :-

Surat Zukkhruf (Gold Adornments) (43) ayat 26-27:->

"I do indeed clear myself of what you worship. I worship only Him who made me and He will certainly guide me."

Shaykh Saalih Fawzaan in his Kitaab Tawheed said " This is tafseer of Laa ilaaha ila Allaah".

The ayaat above refers back to the incident whereby Prophet Ibraahim (AS) said to his people, who worshipped other than Allaah and their king was Nimroid:-

"I do indeed clear myself of what you worship"

Shaykh Fawzaan states in his book, in summary, that the above means negation (rejecting false gods).

The Shaykh further illustrates that this is a challenge to the false gods, if those false gods had the ability they would have sought revenge from Ibraahim (AS).

Then Ibraahim (AS) said:

I worship only Him who made me and He will certainly guide me.

Ila ladii fadaranii, except for the one who created me, meaning Allaah and this is affirmation. This ayaat captures the explanation of Laa ilaaha ila Allaah.

Shaykh Saalih Fawzaan also indicates:

The one who worships Allaah and other than Allaah, this person has not completed the shahaadah even though he utters this with his Lisaan (Tongue)

Reference: Kitaab Tawheed, Shaykh Saalih Fawzaan, Published by Darasalaam.

Best Regards,

Mujahid.

P.S. Rahima we await for your question inshaAllaah :cool:

Rahima   

Mujahid, JZK.

Ok the next Q:

In which way did the Jews and Christians take their Rabbis and Priests to be Gods?

Daleel is required folks! Hint: it is clearly stated in a hadith.

Changed   

salaam caleykom

to answer the question of the six pillars of imaan

six pillars of iman are

beleive in GOD (ALLAH)

beleive in angels (maliakah)

believe in the books(quran and the others)

believe in the prophets(adam, noah, mohammed)

judgement day (aaqirah)

qadr (kheyr and shar)

Nur   

Br. Mujahid

A great question indeed and a great topic.

To answer your question Nomads need to know the meaning of the terminology involoved , and how it was understood by the first generation of Muslims to set such a standard of faith.

On one of my threads, while discussing the meaning of laa ilaaha illa Allahu (NO ILAAH BUT ALLAAH) I wrote:

" But what does ILAAH mean?

The root meaning of the word ILAAH comes from the Arabic word (ALIHA) the masdar of this word means among others:

1. To seek a protection ( Like an infant seeks mother's love , wormth and protection)

2. To seek a rescuer ( in times of distress)

3. To seek the highest authority, no one scapes from ( Jurisdiction and Sovreighnty).

4. It meant leadership. ( ZACIIM UL QOWM)

5. Any thing one follows even desires is called ilaah

So when we say Laa (1, 2, 3, 4 ) in the parethesis we fill all of the above points.

Believing in this principle means:

Unifying two aspects:

1. Tawajjuh ( Seeking or offereing a service to a destination Power)

2. Talaqi (Receiving guidance from a Power)

Tawajjuh means, Just like we face Makkah in prayer, all of our activities and offereings are all destined to a single dstination from which we seek Talaqi. Allah SWT says : " Fa aqim wajhaka liddiini xaniifaa"

TALAQI means, receiving from a source of guidnace, just like we receive guidance from Quraan and Sunnah and do not accept any other source for guidance. Allah SWt says " A fa gheira Allahi attakhidu xakamaa"

So, when we say the word we are expected not to face any other direction to offer our services, this constitues shirk, nor to receive any guidnace from any other source, which is also another form of shirk.

When we say that word we have made Shahaada ( witnessed that we adhere to all the above) we are called Muslims, those who surrendered to the will of Allah and agreed not seek nor to receive except from one source, Allah SWT.

When we die for that principle we are called Shaheed ( we signed that agreement with our blood)

Because as Allah SWT said: "Li takuunuu shuhaada calaa naasi, wa yakuunu arrasuulu calaykum shahiidan" meaning " so you may become witnesses against people, and the Messenegr to be a witness over you"

So by living our lives we are making practical Shahaada ( testification) of that inportant statement and in effect becaming (shuhadaa calaa naas) witneses to testify against people, and in the day of judgement the Messenger of Allah SAWS will testify for us that we have followed the path of Allah, the mighty, the Wise. and we deserve the mercy of allah SWT for our efforts.

Nur

Rahima is it because they used to follow them in whatever their priests made haram and halal blindly.

The evidence can be the hadiith:

It was narrated that ‘Adiy ibn Haatim said: “I came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wearing a gold cross around my neck. He said, ‘O ‘Adiy, cast aside this idol.’ And I heard him reciting from Soorat Baraa’ah [al-Tawbah] (interpretation of the meaning): ‘They (Jews and Christians) took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allaah.’ He said: ‘They do not worship them, but when they permit them something they accept it as permitted, and when they forbid them something they accept it as forbidden.’” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi and it is a hasan hadeeth).

I found this hadiith on a website tho I heard it before.

My Question is Where is Allaah? Plz becareful answer only with evidence.

Blessed   

My Question is Where is Allaah? Plz becareful answer only with evidence.

Okay, I know the answer but the evidence is not so available. Allah, is above His 'Kursi', which is above his 'carsh', which is above the seven heavens. Allah is everywhere in his knowledge but not physically. The Proof of this is in a hadith of the Prophet (saw) which involved a slave girl... She has upset her master and was brought before the Prophet (saw), who asked her where her creator was and she pointed to the sky - the Prophet than ordered that she be freed because she was a beliver who knew her 'rab'. Sorry if this isn't the correct wording - (I think it is realted by Bukhari). *Will look it up and edit next i'a*

more proof:

255 Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber, nor sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter . And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills.
His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.
[This Verse 2:255 is called Ayat-ul-Kursi.]

Bilaal Philips Book of Tawheed also has a Chapter on this smile.gif

My Q :

Define shirk /B]

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum Wr Wb,

Mujahid's question==> Allahu laa ilaaha illaa huwal'hai'yulqai'yoom...continue's to...."wa maa khalfahum walaa yuhiytoona bishai'in min ilmihee ilaa bimaa shaa wa seca qusiy'youhus samaawaatu wa'l-ardhe wa laa yaoodhoohu hifdhu humaa wa huwa al-alee yul-adheeym." His divine throne is extened over the heavens and the earth. He had no difficulty in preserving them both. He is the Most high and GREAT. (Ayetii l-kursi is the daleel and answer).

Ameenah'==>Shirk - Setting up partners in worship with Allah, swt. (daleel is surah An-Nisa, 48th verse).

My Question:

During the battle of Khaibar, the Prophet (pbuh) said that he would give the flag to a man with whose leadership Allaah will grant the Muslims victory. All the companions wished to be this companion. Who is this companion?

Where is Allaah?

The Research that I have read are as follows.

Allaah is above the Carsh which is above the above the Seven Heavens - Evidence is Suurada Taha - 'The Most Merciful rose over the Throne'(20:5) .

Kursi literally a footstool or chair and sometimes wrongly translated as throne, the kursi mentioned in this verse should be distinguished from the arsh(throne) mentioned verse 7:58, 10:3, 85:15 and else where Prophet Muhammed (salahu alaihi wasalam) said "the kursi compared to the arsh is nothing but like a ring thrown out upon open space of the desert." if the kursi extends over the entire universe then how much greater is the arsh indeed Allah the creator of both the kursi and the arsh is the most great ibn Taimiyah said (a)to believe in the kursi (b) to believe in the arsh(throne) its narrated from Muhammed bin 'Abdullah and from other religious scholars that the kursi is in front of the arsh (throne) and it is at the level of the feet (fatwa ibn taimiyah, vol 5, pages 54, 55).

More Evidences of Where Allaah is:

'Do you feel secure that He who is over the heaven will not cause the earth to sink on you?' (67:16)

'Then He rose over the heaven when it was smoke' (41:11)

And the logical Proof (Logical Deductions):

Well think of this way. Allaah is Perfect and Unlimited and Free of Needs. The Creation on the other hand is Limited and Imperfect and Dependant and Poor - Needy of Allaah. So Allaah who is Unlimited, Has no end or beginning cannot be inside something limited (like His creation such as on Earth etc) Hence Allaah is not everywhere but Allaah is above all His Creation.

'Glorify the name of your Lord Most High' (87:1)

P.S. Caakifah walaalo the answer you are looking for is Shirk (The Major one).

Evidence: Shaykh Salih Al-Fawzaan Kitaab Tawheed Book Published by Darasalaam only around 6 quids get it if you can where he quotes the ayaadaha below.

‘‘Verily Allaah does not forgive that Shirk be made with Him, but He forgives whatever is below that to whomever He wishes.’’ [sooratun-Nisaa 4:48]

‘‘Verily whosoever associates partners with Allaah, then indeed Allaah has made Paradise unlawful for him, and his station is the Fire. And the transgressors will not have any helpers.’’ [sooratul-Maa‘idah

5:72]

P.S. Most things up there except the logical deductions bit reference is 1. Kitaab Tawheed Book by Shaykh Saalih Fawzaan and

2. http://www.troid.org/articles/aqeedah/tawheed/

salam calaykom.

great topic,i also would suggest to widen the debate so to cover all islamic aspects. like aqeedah,fiqhi,islamic issues in general.i advice also nomads to stay away topic that may tigger a khilaaf. like qadar and where GOd is? .na'mean.we somali most of us are ashaacirah,some of us are wahabis and others does not belong to any group like me,( i like to be moslim not shiate,not ahlul sunah, not belong to any group or firqah)and i regard every who believe in oneness of GOd and follow his quran and his masanger is moslim reagardless of his group which he belong to

as to question.

what is caqiidah? and what is iiman is there any difference?

Rahima   

I realise i am deviating from the topic at hand, but just a small point.

We as Somalis are generally not ashaaciras, but rather part of Ahulu Sunnah wal Jamaacah (usually of the Shaafici madhab, and as of late the Salafi methodology, which is contrary to popular belief not in opposition to the schools of thought, but rather incorporates them all). I can't remember all the faults of the ashaacira, but i believe one is that they believe that Allah is everywhere or that it is forbidden for us to place Allah physically in one place and we all know that Allah is above the Carsh, which is above the kursi which is above the seven heavens (explained beautifully be Ameenah smile.gif ).

Also, please for the love of Allah stop using the word wahabi ;) , for the billionth time, there is no such thing as wahabi. Salafi, Yes, but not wahabi smile.gif . As i've said on countless other occasions, this is nothing more than propaganda from the kufaar to turn the Muslims on one another, divide and conquer in full swing :( .

Much apologies for hijacking the topic, but i had to get that off my chest. :D

Haashim   

Mr. Sayfulaah the groups of the muslims is very complicate topic some calling themselves as salaf, others ahlusunna wal jamaaca, others ansaarul sunnah enz, all these and other names are good names, however i would call myself as a very weak IIMAAN muslim slave who live in a dhul gaalo. who also admits his sins and mixed good and bad deeds, in the hope that ALLAH would forgive me.

To answer your question:

A. The word Caqiidah didn't mentioned neither in Kitaab (Quran) nor in Sunnah (Ahaadith) nor Sahabas sayings. the word Cuqdah or Caqd mentioned in the Quran whic means 'Knot' and also used as an 'agreement' but Aqeedah didn't extracted from this word (e.g cuqad, cuquud, cuqdah etc all extracted from caqd) it's a word that invented by late uluma however, we can't say it's Bida' since it has a similiar meaning of IIMAAN which is the second part of your question. some uluma say it could be bida' if you understood as other than IIMAAN since since our salaf didn't know other than the IIMAAN.

B. IIMAAN has a many defintion one of these defintions is as RASUULULAAH S.A.W. say "THE IIMAN IS NEITHER CLAIM NOR ACTING, BUT RATHER IS WHAT BASED ON THE HEART AND PROVED ITSELF BY DEEDS " in arabic is "AL IIMAANU LAYSA BI TABANNI WALAA BI TAXARRI, WALAAKIN MAA WAQARA FIL QALBI WA SADAQAHUL CAMAL".

Thus, everyone can claim IIMAAN but if we see his/her actions contradicting what he/she is claiming is :mad: redface.gif:D .